Stones Since 5.2?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Allerielle
Pet Score:2199
Realm:Argent Dawn-us
Re: Stones Since 5.2?

Post by Allerielle » March 12th, 2013, 12:07 pm

I don't do the pet dailies every day but since the patch I've been trying to level more pets. I went on a spree and did all of the daily tamers that yield the bag reward. I think I got 3 flawless stones that day. I've also gotten a few others randomly.

As for wild pet spawns, I've only ever gotten 3 flawless battle stones from those. This includes the many days upon days I spent hunting all of the wild pets around the game and leveling my first 5 25's.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 12th, 2013, 12:22 pm

Basti wrote:I wish aquatic stones would stop dropping for me. I am actually avoiding battling against aquatic wild pets because I do not want to get more of these yet if I happen to receive a stone from the bags, 90% of the time they are aquatic stones.
I stopped doing aquatic battles also, and when I had to for the croaker... got a stone. I think I have 9 in my bags. Hoping they make them trade-able for ones you need.

I also thought droprate seemed lower recently. But it's too soon to tell.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » March 12th, 2013, 2:14 pm

i got two stones and no pet from my bags in the last 4 days. the day before i had a lucky streak with 5 or 6 stones plus a spirit pet, but that was a one time thing since 5.2.

i think it's very well possible that they nerfed the stones drop rate somehow. at least they could have improved the wild battle stone drop to compensate but it definetely doesn't look like it.

Zedxrgal
Pet Score:2766
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Zedxrgal » March 12th, 2013, 8:52 pm

After 3 days of constant pet battling during those days ......................... still nothing. I've even caught a rare swamp croaker and a rare electrified razortooth!! Still. No stones. They have certainly nerfed the drop rate or RNG really hates me since 5.2 came out. :(
I'm doing better at farming for rares then I am getting stones. Why Blizzard why. *debates on submitting a ticket* :roll:

Jackernaut
Pet Score:4087
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Jackernaut » March 12th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Maybe this is just me, but I was always under the impression that farming for rares was easy than farming for stones. Certainly in my experience getting stones from pet battles is MUCH more rare than getting rare battle pets. It sounds like maybe you just had great luck prior to the patch? Unless you are talking about getting stones from bags...

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 13th, 2013, 7:28 am

I haven't been keeping really close track, myself, but I do have to say that I feel like drop rate on stones from daily bags has increased for me. I'm pretty sure I've gotten around ten stones in the last week, and probably half of those were beast or flying stones which /never/ drop from bags for me. Yesterday I was doing some grinding on aquatic pets in the Vale so that I didn't have to quest on my 89 Hunter and I actually got a BOE flawless stone. I was pretty surprised since it's been months since I last had one of those actually drop for me.
Image Image

Hellfiredoom
Pet Score:3487
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Hellfiredoom » March 13th, 2013, 8:30 am

My experience is a nerf since 5.2. I could count on a stone dropping every few hours while farming levels, and/or at least a stone of two from the day's bags. Gone are the heady days of 5+ stones from a day's dailies and leveling. Seems like Blizzard is taking what should be a fun side attraction and applying serious "raiding" logic to it. Bad Blizzard! Go to your corner!

Xenomist
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Xenomist » March 14th, 2013, 12:00 am

I have had the opposite experience than most of you. I normally got 1 stone every other day prior to 5.2. Now I'm getting 2 a day. Havent done enough wild pet fights to really feel out the drop rate there.

Whats with everyone getting so many Aquatic stones? Out of ~70 stones I have got only 2.

Radnok
Pet Score:4023
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Radnok » March 14th, 2013, 1:18 pm

so far since 5.2 dropped, I have received 3 from bags and one from pet battles. For me, considering I am more focused on leveling characters right now, this is darn good.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 18th, 2013, 6:30 am

GormanGhaste wrote:I had two Flawless stones drop since 5.2 battling Restless Shadelings.
Do they still drop beast stones too? Also, how many did you kill for those two stones?
Last edited by Gromagrim on March 18th, 2013, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » March 18th, 2013, 6:35 am

Gromagrim wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I had two Flawless stones drop since 5.2 battling Restless Shadelings.
Do they still drop beast stones too? Also, how many did you kil lfor those two stones?
I don't know if they drop beast stones, I just had the two general stones drop during one session. It was the kind of unexpected luck that makes you nervous :)
Mingyao on Madoran