5.2 PVP - What are you using now?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us
5.2 PVP - What are you using now?

Post by Stabya » March 8th, 2013, 10:25 am

I know collecting the New Pets are all the Rage, but what are you using these days at PVP?

I assume some are still PVPing (Even though the rewards still stink, No stone still after 20 wins)

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Re: 5.2 PVP - What are you using now?

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 11th, 2013, 11:44 am

Scourged Whelpling P/P - 2/1/1 - Great for nuking fast opponents (with speed 227, almost everything is faster) with Tail Sweep + heal on dealing damage (2*60 per turn). Gets 2 attacks after death.
Pandaren Water Spirit 1/2/1 - For destroying elementals and for avoiding predictable nukes. Ignores Darkness that is being put up by Scourged Whelpling.
Giant Boner Spider 1/1/1 - For strong heals while still dealing damage (310 every other turn) and control. Kills slowly. Gets 1-2 attacks after death.

This team has spammable strong hits against humanoids, elementals, critters and magic and strong nukes against magic and elementals. Takes less damage from dragonkin and mechanical abilities, has strong healing. Weather control. Avoidance.

Stabya

Post by Stabya » March 11th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Nice comp

Im using

Gilnean Raven - Call Darkness Nocturnal Strike
Chuck - Rip - Blood in the Water. (Surge is always good if both pets are about to die and you need that first hit)
Visc Globule - 3 dots He seems to never not take a pet with him

Ehache
Pet Score:3614
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Post by Ehache » March 11th, 2013, 5:27 pm

I've been doing pretty well against most standard comps with my team.

Kun-Lai Runt

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling

Spirit Crab

Decoy is still very useful, and the Kun-lai's stun is a great control measure. The Crab is a wonderful tank who nullifies poisons and the UD racial makes this slow pet always get the last laugh. :-)

Ceathra
Pet Score:2665
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Ceathra » March 11th, 2013, 7:01 pm

I'm running:

Crimson Geode P/P
Red Dragonhawk Hatchling P/S
Blighthawk H/H

The Geode take st least one pet below 1/4 health, and the threat of the Elementium Bolt, is always there.

The Dragonhawk for Flame Breath/Conflag combo and a beast attack in the shape of claw in case of critter.

The Blighthawk with Liftoff for when you need a dodge, and Ghostly bite to take just about anyone with you when you die and comeback for that final attack.

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 11th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Stabya wrote:Nice comp

Im using

Gilnean Raven - Call Darkness Nocturnal Strike
Chuck - Rip - Blood in the Water. (Surge is always good if both pets are about to die and you need that first hit)
Visc Globule - 3 dots He seems to never not take a pet with him
Interesting. I would have issues with Raven´s Darkness affecting my pets, too, except for 1 ability , but nuking potential of Alpha Strike - Darkness - Nocturnal Strike ( 1450 dmg?) justifies it :)
And then it is just my preference but I dont like how easily can Viscidus Globule be neutralized with Sandstorm (not with my comp, though :)

Rayguy
Pet Score:1641
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Rayguy » March 11th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Haven't done it for too long, but today ran the comp
Corefire Imp S/P
Fel Flame H/P
Zandalari Kneebiter P/P

Open with imp, use Immolation, then apply magic
bring out fel flame, dot him up, usually first pet then dies, bring out imp again, apply magic
fel flame comes out, use conflag/dot
then wreck with the new 3 shotter w/ZK, black claw, then hunting party

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 12th, 2013, 6:10 am

Rayguy wrote:Haven't done it for too long, but today ran the comp
Corefire Imp S/P
Fel Flame H/P
Zandalari Kneebiter P/P

Open with imp, use Immolation, then apply magic
bring out fel flame, dot him up, usually first pet then dies, bring out imp again, apply magic
fel flame comes out, use conflag/dot
then wreck with the new 3 shotter w/ZK, black claw, then hunting party

How does Wild Magic and Black Fang work? The additional damage from these spells are separate attacks or it is added to the current attack? What I mean is: your Immolation hits for 5. With Wild Magic you have two hits, 5 each or you have 1 hit of 10?

Stabya

Post by Stabya » March 12th, 2013, 7:27 am

Interesting. I would have issues with Raven´s Darkness affecting my pets, too, except for 1 ability , but nuking potential of Alpha Strike - Darkness - Nocturnal Strike ( 1450 dmg?) justifies it
This is the silver lining with the Call Darkness Nerf. Its 4 less rounds to effect your other pets.

When I call Darkness with my Raven, someone is most likely gonna get pounded with a Nocturnal Strike

Unless someone swaps in an Elemental, then I swap in Chuck.

Some ppl get Bugged out after Chuck applies a rip, and swap out not wanting to get hit with a blood in the water. Thats fine with me, I will just rip again.

The globule, is the "3rd man" on this team, and I might plug in someone else. My top two are Raven and Chuck, because they can both Nuke from an affect that they apply, and between the two have good attacks against ele's and dragons, which many use.