RIP Fluxfire Feline

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Re: RIP Fluxfire Feline

Post by Tahsfenz » March 8th, 2013, 7:51 am

Syrrie wrote:
Tunack wrote:There are many ways to beat trainers. I'm still getting used to this new resilience add, which would help vs dm monkey - but - does it help if your tactic is to swap? I can't recall for sure but I think the resilience buff is on the pet, not on the frontline spot.

So the buff would go to the back on a swap, leaving new pet exposed to a stun. I gotta go back to the game & study this.
The buff is on the pet itself and only lasts 2 turns so doesn't actually help on Tamers, except Thundering I suppose if you're not using a rabbit or snail on the elemental.
You can still be double stunned by the earth spirit.

Zedxrgal
Pet Score:2766
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Zedxrgal » March 8th, 2013, 3:41 pm

I am really saddened by the loss of this. My team WAS Fluxfire Feline, Flayer Youngling and either Nether whelp or infinite whelping. This team could decimate anything. But now ................ now they've become almost useless. Why Blizzard why.

Emily
Pet Score:2002
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Emily » March 10th, 2013, 2:33 am

I've done 3 fights against Fezwick now with my Clockwork Gnome, and it seems pretty good so far. I still miss my FF though :(

When I finish the tonk with my elemental pet (Fel Flame destroys the tonk easily), I let the elemental take the first stun from Fezwick so it's on cooldown. After that I drop the turret with the gnome, and spam "fist" until my gnome is stunned. I'm 3 for 3 so far with this :) I think I've just got lucky though so far. Next month we'll see... right now though I'm convinced that the gnome makes a good replacement for this fight.

I still have my FF following me everywhere I go on the ground though. He may not be part of my darkmoon faire battle team anymore, but maybe his presence will remind Fezwick of the beatings he used to take from the FF.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 10th, 2013, 5:55 am

Tahsfenz wrote:
Syrrie wrote:
Tunack wrote:There are many ways to beat trainers. I'm still getting used to this new resilience add, which would help vs dm monkey - but - does it help if your tactic is to swap? I can't recall for sure but I think the resilience buff is on the pet, not on the frontline spot.

So the buff would go to the back on a swap, leaving new pet exposed to a stun. I gotta go back to the game & study this.
The buff is on the pet itself and only lasts 2 turns so doesn't actually help on Tamers, except Thundering I suppose if you're not using a rabbit or snail on the elemental.
You can still be double stunned by the earth spirit.
That is why I specified 'except Thundering'. I use a fast bunny against him so I'm never stunned anyway, so I can't speak to that particular tamer.
Image Image

Emachine
Pet Score:8195
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Emachine » March 10th, 2013, 6:40 am

I never took the time to jump on the Fluxfire Feline bandwagon (I think mine is... 11? :lol: ), so I've been using my Clockwork Gnome with mixed results - mostly good ones - on wild beasts.

As far as the DMF pets... sometimes Fezwick stomps the crap out of poor Lisp and I have to finish him off with my others, and sometimes I stomp him. *shrugs* I do seem to finish Fez off with significantly fewer issues if let him stun the pet I used for Honkey-Tonk (my Terrible Turnip, since I haven't taken the time to raise my [pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet]), swap, use Metal Fist to knock him down to around 850HP, then drop a rocket on him.