haha, Deflection seems bugged

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898
Realm:Zul'jin-us
haha, Deflection seems bugged

Post by Poutinette » March 5th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Against Lucky Yi, I choosed Deflection, his Quick Attack still went first...

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: haha, Deflection seems bugged

Post by Syrrie » March 5th, 2013, 6:03 pm

The description of Deflection says 'attempts' to go first, doesn't it? Maybe it fails against the "this move always goes first" moves.
Image Image

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » March 5th, 2013, 6:44 pm

This is kind of odd. Old Reflection successfully prevented damage from Quick Attack/Surge/etc, because it applied the damage immunity at the very beginning of the round. I assumed that they'd just delete the 'deal damage back' portion and otherwise keep the coding the same, but apparently not.

Quick Attack goes first because the pet gets a massive speed boost (something like 5x, not sure of the precise number). So if you have two pets that both try to Quick Attack, the faster one will still go first. If Reflection is now coded to do the same thing (ie multipy speed by X and then apply a dodge buff), then that might be why it's losing to Quick Attack.

Adorich

Post by Adorich » March 5th, 2013, 8:14 pm

The tooltip says, "this ability always goes first." 'Deflection' is now in the same category as 'surge' and 'quick attack.' This means that if you use deflection against another "...always goes first alibity," the speed of both pets determines who goes first. It's working as intended. :(

Flayer Youngling and Idol were nerfed hard.

As a side note, Flayer's 'Focus' abiity is bugged in 5.2: it does absolutely nothing.

Darkke
Top Rater
Pet Score:7826
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Darkke » March 6th, 2013, 11:32 am

I can confirm that Flayer Youngling's Focus seems to be bugged or at least "changed" in the way it works.

Used Focus against one of the legendaries, and subsequently used Triple Snap. Pre 5.2 it would have hit all three times, post 5.2 it only hit once (so normal random behavior.)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » March 6th, 2013, 5:54 pm

I wonder if it's Focus that changed, or maybe it's Triple Snap that changed (and Slicing Wind, and possibly Thrash, Blitz, Quills, Flurry, etc.). Maybe those abilities don't use hit chance to determine how many times they swing any more. And that also makes me wonder if Moth Dust/Deep Freeze/etc still use hit chance to determine if they proc their CC.