1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us
1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Post by Breanni » February 7th, 2013, 7:18 pm

These tips were originally provided by participants in our [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2810]Pet Tips for Mini Tyrael[/url] contest. For this contest, we gave pet enthusiasts an opportunity to add even more depth to WarcraftPets' well of knowledge.

Feel free to add additional tips. [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/winners-selected-pet-tips-for-mini-tyrael-contest/]The contest has ended[/url], but that's no reason to end a super-useful thread.

Enjoy! :)

Uriiel
Pet Score:1264
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: CONTEST: Pet Tips for Mini Tyrael!

Post by Uriiel » February 7th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Infested Bear Cub

When farming for the rare version of this pet, around Azurelode Mine in Hillsbrad, look for them following their moms. Do not kill the mommy bears as they will respawn new cubs. Do kill the infected mommies who aren't followed by cubs. While you wait for the respawns... fly north to Dalaran Crater and farm for the rare version of Lofty Libram.

Uriiel

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13893
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » February 7th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Here is a tip for pet leveling that I use on a regular basis:

Using Arcane Eye to level low level pets! Reason being, they are level 17-18 yet they do not have back-up pets. So you can easily use a low level pet to start the battle, swap in a higher level pet to finish, and be done relatively quickly compared to fighting a full team. The Restless Shadeling works the same way, although they have a limited spawn time. To my knowledge these are the only pets that function this way.

Olorii
Pet Score:4478
Realm:Akama-us

Post by Olorii » February 7th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Oily Slimeling- Use this pets Absorb after casting Celestial Dragon 's Moonfire or Starfall and his own Acidic Goo to receive extra huge heals!

Wcheet
Pet Score:1792
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Wcheet » February 7th, 2013, 8:06 pm

FLAME ON...................

A good team to use, using these stats, you may die but you'll die with style!

Fel Flame Hit Scorched Earth then Conflagrate then ill swap in

[pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet] also hit Conflagrate and hit the opposition a few more times further reducing/killing thier pets, finally time for

Phoenix Hatchling, again Conflagrate this will be dealing serious damage, if you run out of burning swap in Fel Flamefor Scorched Earth rinse and repeat!

Of course youll need to add filler during all this to keep chipping away at the HP but im sure you get the message!

Have fun burning buddies!!

Sarpants
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
BattleTag®:evenmonkeys#1306
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Sarpants » February 7th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Desert Spider

Easily my favorite pet to battle with. It makes for a slow battle, but there's a nice way to come out ahead in most pet battles.

First, open with using Sticky Web. This will deal decent damage as well as put a web on them, preventing them from fleeing as well as helping us with the next ability. Then use Leech Life causing your pet to regain decent health, doubled if Sticky Web landed properly. So you deal damage both rounds and heal back a bunch.

Again, it makes for a slow battle, but really works.

CelestialAxis
Pet Score:2535
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by CelestialAxis » February 7th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Minfernal - Impossible to get, right? My husband and I read a great way to find one is to create a DK on a low-pop server, preferably non-US. So we both created DKs on a Brazilian server, did the starting area quests, then immediately went to Felwood. My husband killed battle pets in the zone until Minfernal spawned for me. It only took 15 min.! We'll try another day to get him his. :)

Scythen
Pet Score:9219
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Scythen » February 7th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Singing Sunflower

For collectors looking to obtain a Singing Sunflower, the Peacebloom VS. Ghouls - The Strategy Guide in WoWHeads guide section can be a valuable resource for learning about and mastering the mini-game that you must complete to obtain the pet.

Jumi
Pet Score:2302
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Jumi » February 7th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Terrible Turnip

Terrible Turnip is the only pet with Weakening Blow, which is guaranteed to not KO even the weakest of opponents. Once sufficiently levelled, it's excellent for bullying weak wild opponents for an easy catch! :twisted:
Last edited by Jumi on February 7th, 2013, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starlin
Pet Score:7599
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Starlin » February 7th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Kun-Lai Runt - This pet has an amazing 1-2-3 punch to knock out your opponents. Start with Frost Shock to apply the Chilled debuff. Next cool your opponent off even more with Deep Freeze. Follow up with a Takedown to hit your opponent for a massive amount. 8-)

Crusi
Pet Score:2838
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Crusi » February 7th, 2013, 8:14 pm

I have leveled most of my pets in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and more precisely in between of the two faction hubs.
All pets there are Aquatic and Flying. So my winning team consisted of
a)the pet i wished to level
b)the versatile Nether Faerie Dragon who has an advantage over both Aquatic and Flying and
C)the awesome Ethereal Soul-Trader that has the best attacks against Flying.

with this set, leveling my 75 pets to level 25 was a piece of cake :)

Peeardee
MVP
Pet Score:7274
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Peeardee » February 7th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Is that pesky Darkmoon Pet Battle Daily getting you down?

Try adding a Crimson Geode to your team. Using its Crystal Overload followed by Stone Rush will take out the Darkmoon Tonk in a jiffy.

Whitebooty
Pet Score:2472
Realm:Akama-us

Post by Whitebooty » February 7th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Kun-Lai Runt
Round one - Frost Shock
Round two - Deep Freeze for 100%stun
Round three Takedown for auto double damage
Round four flex ;p

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » February 7th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Anubisath Idol
While a difficult pet to get, as The Twins are still difficult to solo, this pet will be a very powerful combo in any battle against a pet that uses multiple small hits to do a lot of damage. Its sandstorm makes it virtually immune, if not utterly immune, to these effects.

In addition, this makes Anubisath Idol an extremely potent creature against two of the Masters: Courageous Yon, and the Pet Master herself, Aki. One Anubisath Idol ca nbe used to shut both these Masters down almost completely, while giving space to level even a level one pet with the XP gotten off your win. Simply keep Sandstorm up, time Deflect to the big attacks (Dive, Fly, Burrow, and Chew), and you will win 9 times out of 10 without having to use a backup pet.

EDITED: Because Frost Shock now chills the enemy, where it didn't when I first posted this tip. :)
Last edited by Kurasu on September 10th, 2013, 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vashna
Pet Score:1138
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Vashna » February 7th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Harpy Youngling

For easier farming of this pet, kill everything in the Dry Hills area (battle pets, creatures and critters alike). This allows for more chances of a Harpy Youngling spawning, as it frees up space in the spawn table.

Vicious
Pet Score:2120
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Vicious » February 7th, 2013, 8:20 pm

I have found that the Personal World Destroyer is extremely awesome with his Quake attack, b/c it can damage those pesky opponents that go underground, and it also does damage to the backline pets too.

Fredal
Pet Score:1858
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Fredal » February 7th, 2013, 8:20 pm

If you're in a damage heavy battle, open with Crimson Lasher, Ammen Vale Lashling. Before they die, make sure to get off a cast of Soothing Mists. When paired with another pet with a self heal, like Plant or Healing Wave you can keep a higher damage pet alive a lot longer!

Loky
Pet Score:3301
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Loky » February 7th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Alliance Balloon

"No battles for you mister, or you'll pop!"
"Just float around feeling baloonish!"

Eugien
Pet Score:4830
BattleTag®:eugien72769#1833
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Eugien » February 7th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Terrible Turnip has the Weakening Blow that even at level 25 is spectacular for catching those leftover pets in various zones .. I have him on standby for my capturing group / levelling group .. using him along with a couple lvl 3-4 Pets will net you a level up quick as you progress through the zones ..

Bayard
Pet Score:2935
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Bayard » February 7th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Gregarious Grell and other TCG pets for cheap. The best time to buy one of these pets is to wait a few weeks after the card expansion they are in comes out. Don't get caught up in the initial surge. Find a price you're willing to pay, and stick to it. Set up an ebay watch for the pet. If you want to save even more, contact sellers to figure out if they're willing to email the code ( or read the listings. ) and if they say they're willing, figure out what shipping will be in that case ( for some of them it's not always $0 ) If you're getting the card mailed, remember to account for shipping. If you're getting the code emailed, then why not check out other countries or territories ebays?

also remember to look for misspelt auctions, less people see them, so you can get them for less. and make sure the card you're getting has a loot code on it. ( frequently there will be a non loot version of the same card. )

You can usually get these pets for under $4 USD if you're persistent and wait it out. after a few months the supply will go down, so prices go back up.