My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Joshua006

Pet Score:
Realm: -

Re: 1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Postby Joshua006 » December 5th, 2013, 4:47 am

To be honest i really need all this tips cause i am new in this pet battles and i wanna learn more about it.

Whiplash

Pet Score: 4274
Realm: Madoran-US

Postby Whiplash » November 7th, 2014, 9:05 am

When hunting for a rare pet in the wild, I will set up a team designed to capture (of course using Terrible Turnip, and typically a good all-around pet with a heal and a shield like Emerald Whelpling).
Then...
- Engage the pet
- White-flag out if it is not rare (-10% life, but does not bring a pet to 0 life)
- One-shot the non-rare pet with my toon (so it can respawn since I will cycle back around to it)
If one of the adds is a rare that I don't need, I do not kill the pet. I mark it with a raid marker instead (so i know I've already looked at it) and leave it for someone else.
When I find the rare I'm after I white-flag out, heal up my team, and re-engage the pet.

Pet Score: 0

Postby Guest » December 21st, 2014, 12:51 pm

hi,
1,001 Pet Battle Tips at present important post.

Bandx

Pet Score: 4305
Realm: Aerie Peak-US

Postby Bandx » September 23rd, 2015, 11:53 am

Menagerie Battle: Stitches, Jr. vs Mr. Wiggles: Because Stitches negates any damage under 500, Mr. Wiggles can pretty much solo him 98% of the time. 1: Cast (and keep up) Crouch; 2: Cast (and keep up) Uncanny Luck; 3: Spam Hoof. Amazing what the pig can do.

Faolin

Pet Score: 3225
Realm: Hyjal-US

Postby Faolin » December 8th, 2015, 2:03 am

I'm a collector, but a terrible battler. Thanks for the tips :D

Ziboo
MVP

Pet Score: 3788
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord-US

Postby Ziboo » December 13th, 2015, 2:27 pm

When out collecting wild pets, I use a team of level 1s to check first. Then white flag out. If I can kill the crappy ones I do, but finding my hunter for some reason can't, the druid/lock can. Dots work?

Just have to remember to switch teams if it's one I've been hunting!

Anyway, it keeps the damage on my non-capture team so saves on healing or bandages if I'm on a lowbie toon that doesn't have alot.

Also it seems the level ones only go to 5% health and don't drop lower on white flagging out.

Paladance

Pet Score: 3634
Realm: Burning Legion-EU

Postby Paladance » December 13th, 2015, 4:19 pm

Sorry if already mentioned here, but for chain forfeits you can also use a pet with Bleat or Haunting Song to refresh at least the backlines. =)

You call us cheesy. You call us subtle. But stare at the light itself, and it shall make your eyes work no longer.

Sffcorgi
MVP

Pet Score: 4376
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord-US

Postby Sffcorgi » July 10th, 2016, 2:21 am

A tip for organising for pet battles: If you haven't bookmarked it already, Personal Pets will provide you a customisable and searchable spreadsheet showing the species ID, the family, cageability, name (and nickname), breed/gender and stats for each of your pets. Duplicated species have highlighted rows.

Previous

Return to Pet Battles