1,001 Pet Battle Tips

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Lienne
Pet Score:4759
Realm:Mannoroth-us
Re: CONTEST: Pet Tips for Mini Tyrael!

Post by Lienne » February 10th, 2013, 2:18 pm

A quick way for powerleveling pets in wild battles is to grind against aquatic pets in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Start a battle with your leveling pet, and then switch to either a Crow or Gilnean Raven. With Call Darkness followed by Nocturnal Strike, you can cut through those aquatic pets quickly!

Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Rosalyne » February 10th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Fluxfire Feline - This one can be tricky to find, so create a level 1 gnome, preferably on a low level server and camp the Toxic Airfield area. Once you get one, this is an amazing pet to use against Beast types. If you have one with a Speed build, it's faster than most pets you will fight, and its combo of Wind-Up>Supercharge>Wind-Up will annihilate any Beast because of the bonus damage done by Mechanicals and will seriously injure, if not defeat most other types.

Romiss
Pet Score:7564
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Romiss » February 10th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Anubisath idol is a must have in any pvp or pve battle but remember against pets with 2 round abilities to use reflection on the second turn.
ex:1st turn mole goes underground/ chill
2nd turn use reflection /mole comes out of the ground

Lucinia
Top Rater
Pet Score:2446
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Lucinia » February 10th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Celestial Dragon

I would say I have used this pet for 99% of all my battles. Breath and Moonfire do excellent damage against almost anything. Ancient Blessing Is an excellent heal that saves her butt on even the tougher fights. Once Starfall becomes available at Level 20 I use it rather thanMoonfire since it hits all pets, including the heal. Also great for your magic heavy teams, the weather boost works for damaging and healing abilities. Just remember it also boosts your opponent's abilities as well.

Xinnara
MVP
Pet Score:11546
BattleTag®:Xinnara#2296
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Xinnara » February 10th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Onyxian Whelpling

I use this pet against a lot of tamers, and also to 'boost' low level pets to dinging. She is super powerful! Using the combo of Tail Sweep + Healing Flame + Deep Breath mostly, but Lift-Off can be useful to avoid big attacks from enemy pets. If you don't have this, you can always try and get a Spawn of Onyxia which can be quite rare to find, especially if you're looking for a rare quality, but you can always save your Dragonkin stones :>

Lwgooch

Post by Lwgooch » February 10th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Pandaren Monk

Here is a great tip for increasing the Pandaren Monk DPS. While fighting with the Pandaren Monk, make sure you make actual kung-fu noise out loud. The louder and more passionate your kung-fu noise is, the harder your Pandaren Monk will hit. I find this works best late at night when everyone else in the house is asleep.

Varbaro
Top Rater
Pet Score:8258
Realm:Twisting Nether-eu

Post by Varbaro » February 10th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Gilnean Raven- very good pve/pvp combo using Call Darkness then Nocturnal Strike, you can combine it with Spectral Strike if you have Ghostly Skull, or Spectral Tiger then finish off the enemy team with a Ghostly Bite.

Countering any elemental team, you can allways bring a critter pet with Dive ability as third.

Tephulio
Pet Score:2186
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Tephulio » February 10th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Disgusting Oozeling is one of my favorite team additions, use his Acidic Goo first, then Corrosion, for the next two round the target will take HUGE bonus damage, which you can use for some big Ooze Touch hits, or I like some enhanced Absorbs to keep him in the fight for another round! If you use another damage over time ability before bringing in the Oozeling, those ticks will hit ever harder, as well.

Of course... cleansing or DOT reduction abilities will counter this strategy, good luck!

Gelwow
Pet Score:314
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Gelwow » February 10th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Feline Familiar

While fighting with this pet you always want to make sure you have Stoneskin up, and use Devour upon the opposing pet reaching 20-25% therefore you will hit hard on the first strike of it and make use of the healing effect on the second hit and healing yourself!

-Geleal :D

Barzulan
Pet Score:5819
Realm:Bonechewer-us

Post by Barzulan » February 10th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Baby Ape - This delightful simian companion is a less expensive alternative to Bananas. Found on Jaguero Isle in The Cape of Stranglethorn, the Baby Ape only emerges from hiding when it is raining. If you arrive on the island and don't see any spawned, just sit tight and watch for the rain clouds! In my personal experience, when I first arrived there it wasn't raining, so I logged off. Later that day I logged on at the tail end of a rainstorm and managed to snag a rare Baby Ape on my second battle. Good thing too, because mid-battle with it the rain stopped!

Becca
Top Rater
Pet Score:8296
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Becca » February 10th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Darkmoon Tonk

I love the damage this pet can dish out! Especially using Minefield right before a new pet comes into the battle, then Ion Cannon to pretty much finish them off. Beasties beware!!

Windmeup
Pet Score:1611
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Windmeup » February 10th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Toxic Wasteling is very strong against many pets, but especially strong against flying. Using Acidic Goo and Corrosion together is a great combination. Both cause Damage over Time, both increase damage taken by the enemy pet - and they stack together! Combined with Absorb to heal, the Toxic Wasteling is a force to be reckoned with!

This is especially timely because Love is in the Air today - and this time of year is the only time you are able to get him!

Ydrisselle
Pet Score:2092
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ydrisselle » February 10th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Pandaren Monk

The Pandaren Monk is an absolut winner against dragonkin opponents. Usually a Focus Chi + Fury of 1,000 Fists combination is enough to kill a dragonkin, even if it's at full health.

Meviuz
Pet Score:6327
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Meviuz » February 10th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Celestial Dragon - Always start battle with Moonfire. If other pets hits you before/after it and take about 1/6 of your health use Ancient Blessing as next ability (it heals and boost your health). If not simply spam with Breath and Moonfire after cooldown is gone. When you are loosing much HP always use Ancient Blessing when it's not on CD. You can survive even 3 battles with such a thing. Remember that dragonkin hits for 50% more dmg after they bring other pet to 25% health or below. You can use this buff on next pets too. Don't use Celestial Dragon against humanoids or pets with humanoid abilities. The best damage you will do to Flying pets (Moonfire) and Magic pets (Breath).

Joerules05
Pet Score:533
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Joerules05 » February 10th, 2013, 2:39 pm

[pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet] - Use his Elementium Bolt before you switch to a Beetle and use Swarm! Doubling the damage from Elementium Bolt will prove a lifesaver, as the damage is too high for many pets to withstand!

Weasei
Top Rater
Pet Score:8053
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Weasei » February 10th, 2013, 2:40 pm

The Anodized Robo Cub is ideal for defeating Beast opponents. Combine Supercharge with Demolish to take a Beast out in 2 turns!

Tunderbrew
Top Rater
Pet Score:2831
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Tunderbrew » February 10th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Eternal Strider
The Glass Water Cannon: Are ye tired of being smacked about by Pandaria's spirits? This low risk addition to your team will have you washing away your Elemental foes! When an Elemental is pitted against you start the path to victory with the Pump ability. Follow up with Cleansing Rain to mitigate any damage done to your Strider and buff your Aquatic abilities at the same time. Finally, use Pump again and enjoy the number show(especially when critting!) If your Strider is still in solid standing before the second Pump, use Water Jet first to help ensure a kill. Doing pre-damage with another pet is also a great way to ensure a one-shot with Pump!

Note: Striders are less tanky than some of their Aquatic cousins; however, Pump hits far more consistently than dive and Striders have a speed advantage.
Last edited by Tunderbrew on February 10th, 2013, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Ironforge!

Drummerhead13
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Drummerhead13 » February 10th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Kun-Lai Runt

In addition to the amazing set up that Kun-Lai Runt Gives you with the killer combo Frost Shock, Deep Freeze and Takedown, you can also pair this guy with Frosty's ability Call Blizzard to keep the opponent constantly chilled for even more damage!

-- Stycker --

Grumbadphat
Pet Score:578
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Grumbadphat » February 10th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Restless Shadeling

This pet can be tweaked into a life-stealing powerhouse; absorbing blows for your big hitters! Just use
Plagued Blood in combination with Death Coil to survive all but the nastiest of encounters!

Just be sure to refresh Plagued Blood, it lasts for 5 rounds!