Public Service Announcement - Bandages

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us
Public Service Announcement - Bandages

Post by Iconyx » February 3rd, 2013, 12:38 pm

If you're like me, when searching for the perfect rare breed, you skip killing a lot of wild pets in an effort to save time by forfeiting the match. Unfortunately, with 5.2 coming, the mechanics of doing this are about to change. Forfeiting a match will take some health away from your pets, so stock up on your Battle Pet Bandages now if you plan to continue grinding for pets this way.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Public Service Announcement - Bandages

Post by Quintessence » February 3rd, 2013, 4:14 pm

The damage (last I checked on the PTR) is 10% of your pet's health (only the active pet team). Thank goodness bandages stack to 25 in 5.2.

Sidenote - Someone mentioned a possible "work around" for the forfeit penalty in another thread: Use a temporary team to check each pet for the one you're looking for, forfeit if you find one, and then use your "real" team to battle it. The only downside is if someone else comes along and snags the pet you're looking to battle while you're swapping out pets/abilities.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 3rd, 2013, 5:34 pm

Iconyx wrote:If you're like me, when searching for the perfect rare breed, you skip killing a lot of wild pets in an effort to save time by forfeiting the match. Unfortunately, with 5.2 coming, the mechanics of doing this are about to change. Forfeiting a match will take some health away from your pets, so stock up on your Battle Pet Bandages now if you plan to continue grinding for pets this way.
if you are like me you are doing pet battle tamers everyday you should have like me over 450 bandages by now.... so this change only hurt people not doing tamers, now entering pet battles...

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » February 4th, 2013, 3:14 am

Just have enough teams ready. Circle trough them. When you think you health is to low to battle, uses another team to capture. Use a third... a tenth. Heal all teams at the same time every once in a while. Problem solved?
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]

Scarydreams
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Scarydreams » February 4th, 2013, 8:40 am

Thanks for sharing this info the one thing I do to help with this proble is I have 5 ot 6 teams of the same level ready to battle that way I can rotate them to save my bandages and healing from low health and death.

http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image[/URL

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » February 4th, 2013, 4:11 pm

I think this means having a trio of terrible turnips ready, so that you can have one for each main taming team. Thank goodness they are not too pricey on the AH 8-)

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » February 5th, 2013, 6:30 pm

Hopefully I'll have most of my pets already captured as rares by the time 5.2 hits. I feel really sorry for any collectors that start post 5.2.

Wcheet
Pet Score:1792
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Wcheet » February 7th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Thats annoying, thanks for letting me know, ill be saving the bandages and buying a few more turnips to get my teams in order.

Waddatoe
Pet Score:2076
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Waddatoe » February 9th, 2013, 10:36 am

Thanks for the helpful tip. I've really got a pile of bandages in the bank and I was considering vendoring a heap of them to make room- its great to hear that they're increasing the stack amount, as well as making them BoA items. Worth keeping in the bank a few more weeks :X

Amithyst
Top Rater
Pet Score:11246
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Amithyst » February 11th, 2013, 7:56 am

Thanks, good thing I have like almost two bags in my bank filled up with bandages x.x