Tameable Battle Pet List

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sanguinarius
Re: Tameable Battle Pet List

Post by Sanguinarius » July 30th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Update Grizzly hills imperial eagle chick to spread across zone.

Aithaliana
Top Rater

Post by Aithaliana » July 31st, 2012, 12:18 am

So... uhm... hi :)

this post may come a bit late... most of the data you will have found at this point, but I post it anyway.
Maybe it is of help for some of you guys.

The last days I spent my free time with the pet battle system in the beta and I started a list on my own.
Basically its a list of locations where you can find capturable pets, with zone level, pet level weather & time and such stuf..
For now I've catagorized the Eastern Kingdoms up to zone level 20 and the starter areas of each race.
I left Gilneas and the Lost Isles out, because I found no capturable pet at all. At least I found none with my night elf main.
I think it has something to do with the phasing and therefore there is no chance to get the pets with a non-worgen or non-goblin.
I am glad if you can prove me otherwise. ;)

So... which information will the list provide.

There are 7 tabs:
Tab 1 - Tab 7: Continents - list of each pet on the specific continent
Tab 8: Information - Some basic information I gathered while battling. Like zone level vs. pet level, family effectivenes and such stuff.

The list as itself has 11 columns:
Unique - marks a unique pet in the zone
Zone - the zone (light blue: Alliance, light red: Horde)
Specific - more specific place to look for the pet
Zone level - the zone level range
Pet - the pet name
Family - the pet family
Pet level - the pet level range
Weather - Weather condition the pet has been seen
Time - Time condition the pet has been seen
Gotcha - Affirmation I caught the pet
Flavour text - The flavour text of the pet in the tooltip

To make some thing clear:
The conditions and the specific zone are not "have to be".
It's just the specific zone and the time and weather of the day when I caught the pet.
That means:
only because I caught the pet in Specific Zone A on a clear day, doesn't mean it could not appear in Specific Zone B at a rainy night.
But I am sure that the pet definetly appears in Zone A on a clear day ('cause I caught it then ^^).

I play mostly at night, which means it is day-time on the servers (most often between 12pm and 3pm).
But I try to confirm the catch at both times.
Therefore you will sometimes find the mark "day/night" in the time-column.

Last but not least:
If there is no weather or time mentioned, that means I haven't confirmed the pet yet.
I catagorized the petnames with a macro, but I haven't had the chance to actually capture the pets in that zone.
(I really don't know where to look in Stormwind for a Prairie Dog or in the Elwynn Forest for a Sea Gull in example... and Chickens seem to be everywhere, but not when I look for them...)

Well.. yeah... I think thats it.
For Developers: Please don't judge the making of the list, it is really just a .xlsx file saved as a .html and I know how bad the code looks. ;)

Seeya on LostIsles Alliance Side (WarcrafPets beta guild)
Aithaliana

Here's the link.
Aithalianas Pet Battle List

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » July 31st, 2012, 7:50 am

Wow Aithaliana thats an impressive file, This thread, although named Tameable battle pet list is mainly the unique to zones list. the other threads are all pets per zone per continent. you should be able to use the threads to complete your table to pandaria.

Gosu2009
Pet Score:1780
Realm:Wrathbringer-eu

Post by Gosu2009 » August 6th, 2012, 4:56 pm

I wonder if you can tame the penguins in Borean Tundra or the ones in Ice Crown... ^ ^