Tameable Battle Pet List

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
Re: Tameable Battle Pet List

Post by Nursie » April 28th, 2012, 3:19 am

Sanguinarius wrote:OK SO, NEW PETS WITH NO PRE MOP HISTORY UNCONFIRMED/ASSIGNED LOCATIONS ARE :-

im guessing locs/pet journal advises area but no one has confirmed.

GILNEAN RAVEN - gilneas? Yep

OTTER PUP - pandaria? Yep

RACCOON KIT - pandaria? Yes

QUIRAJI GUARDIAN - Silithus? yup, still wondering about it's spawning conditions

PORCUPETTE - Pandaria? yes

THE GULKSTER - Vashj'ir? Isn't it the Gurkster? people are still unsure about it's location, I'm guessing in the abyssal depths just outside the Throne of the Tides

TINY GOLDFISH - Pandaria? Yes, it's a rep item from the anglers

TINY WATERSTRIDER - Krasarang Wilds? yes, i believe it's actually from kun'lai summit as there a water strider mounts there but it could be in jade forest too as there are water striders there too.

WARPSTALKER HATCHLING - terrokar skettis area??? They spawn just outside allerian stronghold and along the river area where warpstalkers are, i believe the spawns go all the way up to stonebreaker hold.

XELNATH - pandaria? this guy baffles me, he's either a placeholder or he'll be from the meta achievement as he is a pretty unique named companion

ZONES WITH NO LOCATED PETS ARE

WINTERSPRING - snowy owl ?? was added to game files wotlk but never went live so probably not ?? I believe Rabbots are the wild pets in the zone found in and around everlook

MOONGLADE - ???

SILITHUS - Qiraji guardian?? Yes, still finding out about it's spawning conditions

RUINS OF ANQUIRAJ - Qiraji guardian?? Not sure any will spawn here as you need flying IIRC to get behind the instance portals

GILNEAS - gilnean raven?? yes

CRYSTALSONG FOREST - ???

WINTERSPRING - ??? second time you posted this.. probably rabbots

ALL PANDARIA ZONES OTHER THAN JADE FOREST........
Krasarang Wilds - TINY WATERSTRIDER??

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » April 28th, 2012, 4:01 am

Any idea exactly where in the zone some of the yeps are ?

coz ive been all over gilneas cant find anything let alone the raven, maybe phased ??

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » April 28th, 2012, 4:21 am

WARPSTALKER HATCHLING - terrokar skettis area??? They spawn just outside allerian stronghold and along the river area where warpstalkers are, i believe the spawns go all the way up to stonebreaker hold.
Ok so the warpstalker is the "real" terrokar pet. And because the razorthorn shelf is actually in terrokar not hellfire peninsula their is 2 tameables in terrokar and none in hellfire, the "Flayer Youngling" is terrokar therefore..... ?

Skjoldmo
Top Rater
Pet Score:2633
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Skjoldmo » April 28th, 2012, 7:09 am

Tiny Harvester - Westfall (On fields) - It was raining ***

Edit: When it stopped raining they were still there.

*** Only green paw on mini-map

Skjoldmo
Top Rater
Pet Score:2633
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Skjoldmo » April 28th, 2012, 9:10 am

A note on Twilight Fiendling (Twilight Highlands - The Devouring Breach)

I found it, but it phases out when I get too close (Im at 106/120 quests in Twilight Highlands)

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 28th, 2012, 10:29 am

Sanguinarius wrote:Any idea exactly where in the zone some of the yeps are ?

coz ive been all over gilneas cant find anything let alone the raven, maybe phased ??
we know they are in those zones, some pets have special spawning conditions so it's going to take time before we find them all, it's not like we just go to all the zones and find them straight away with no real effort :P

also wild pets aren't tamable they are capturable :P

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » April 29th, 2012, 6:11 am

Part of the reason of this thread is for exact locations / spawn conditions.

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » April 29th, 2012, 6:17 am

UPDATED, removed warpstalker and tiny goldfish as theyve been found above.

OK SO, NEW PETS WITH NO PRE MOP HISTORY UNCONFIRMED/ASSIGNED LOCATIONS ARE :-

im guessing locs/pet journal advises area but no one has confirmed.

GILNEAN RAVEN - gilneas? need time/loc/events

OTTER PUP - pandaria? need time/loc/events

RACCOON KIT - pandaria? need time/loc/events

QUIRAJI GUARDIAN - Silithus? need time/loc/events

PORCUPETTE - Pandaria? need time/loc/events

THE GULKSTER - Vashj'ir? need time/loc/events

TINY WATERSTRIDER - Krasarang Wilds? need time/loc/events

XELNATH - pandaria? need time/loc/events

Jade Owl - zone ? need time/loc/events

Red Cricket - zone ? need time/loc/events

Sapphire Cub - zone ? need time/loc/events

Terrible Turnip - zone ? need time/loc/events

ZONES WITH NO LOCATED PETS ARE

WINTERSPRING - snowy owl ?? was added to game files wotlk but never went live so probably not ?? but in journal as in winterspring.....

MOONGLADE - ???

SILITHUS - Qiraji guardian??

RUINS OF ANQUIRAJ - Qiraji guardian??

GILNEAS - gilnean raven??

CRYSTALSONG FOREST - ???

WINTERGRASP - ???

ALL PANDARIA ZONES OTHER THAN JADE FOREST........
Krasarang Wilds - TINY WATERSTRIDER??
Last edited by Sanguinarius on April 29th, 2012, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » April 29th, 2012, 9:29 am

Just to avoid confusion, I assume the second Winterspring on your list is meant to be Wintergrasp?
Mingyao on Madoran

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » April 29th, 2012, 5:02 pm

correct my bad.

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » April 30th, 2012, 3:33 pm

I doubt the rabbot would be capturable, unless it gets recolored. It looks just like the Deweaponized Mechanical Companion, and Blizzard doesn't seem to be adding any exact duplicates of currently-obtainable pets.

Safina
Top Rater
Pet Score:8336
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Safina » May 1st, 2012, 9:14 am

ARGH I wasn't there when the pet battle system was active so I can't train for the locator T.T. But I'm still curious as to see if those murlocs without names are still some that we can tame. has anyone gone to locations with babies to see???

Dementron

Post by Dementron » May 1st, 2012, 10:22 pm

Safina wrote:ARGH I wasn't there when the pet battle system was active so I can't train for the locator T.T. But I'm still curious as to see if those murlocs without names are still some that we can tame. has anyone gone to locations with babies to see???
Sadly, Murki and all the unnamed baby murlocs are gone from the Journal. We still have no idea why Murki is in the files (and has been since Vanilla). The other baby murlocs are probably npcs from the Borean Tundra quest to rescue the tadpoles and/or the Zangarmarsh quest to release a bunch of murloc tadpoles into the wild.

Dementron

Post by Dementron » May 1st, 2012, 10:34 pm

According to the Pet Journal info pane in the latest beta build, the Gilnean Raven is sold by Valeena in Darkshore, the Terrible Turnip is a world drop in Valley of the Four Winds, and the Snowy Owl is the wild pet for Winterspring. The Journal still lists the Qiraji Guardling as the wild pet in Silithis (I haven't actually found it though). I'll try to verify these later (Well, not the turnip).

The Jade Owl is not in the Journal and is probably the npc summoned when a Jewelcrafter uses Figuring - Jade Owl.

I'm pretty sure Xelnath is just some developer's test pet, like PattyMack.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » May 3rd, 2012, 7:07 pm

Can I just point out that they aren't called tameable pets, they are capturable pets. you are throwing a trap at them not taming them :P

Dementron

Post by Dementron » May 3rd, 2012, 8:31 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:Can I just point out that they aren't called tameable pets, they are capturable pets. you are throwing a trap at them not taming them :P
Ah, but would they obey your commands if you weren't actually taming them as well? You might start out just capturing them, but in order to train creatures you have to tame them. Otherwise you they'd bolt or attack the moment you let them out of that trap, yes?

Thaysula
Pet Score:6596
BattleTag®:Thaysula#1842
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Thaysula » May 4th, 2012, 5:46 am

Dementron wrote:According to the Pet Journal info pane in the latest beta build, the Gilnean Raven is sold by Valeena in Darkshore.
This will be changed I think as Valeena has been discovered in Dolanaar (The Pet Trainer there)
I suspect it'll be the Trainer in Darkshore.

One thing thou I think they are going to make us visit every trainer around as they would seem to be all selling a different pet. (Although there might be mor ethen one location to get them)

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » May 4th, 2012, 7:12 pm

The trainer (Will Larsons) in Darkshore has a raven as a pet. I bet that we'll have to challenge him to get one for ourselves! 8-) (Although that may be unlikely, since Horde members wouldn't have a way to get one...) :oops:

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » May 4th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Imthedci wrote:The trainer (Will Larsons) in Darkshore has a raven as a pet. I bet that we'll have to challenge him to get one for ourselves! 8-) (Although that may be unlikely, since Horde members wouldn't have a way to get one...) :oops:
horde members could roll an alliance toon, get the pet and than /dance because bets are account-wide :3

Nursie

Post by Nursie » May 5th, 2012, 4:37 am

Imthedci wrote:The trainer (Will Larsons) in Darkshore has a raven as a pet. I bet that we'll have to challenge him to get one for ourselves! 8-) (Although that may be unlikely, since Horde members wouldn't have a way to get one...) :oops:
negative, master pet trainers/tamers that you challenge to pet battles will need to be accessible to both alliance and horde. These pet battle trainers are just the npcs that teach you how to pet battle, track pets and they teach you a pet. They still need to add master trainers/tamers I believe.