Which emperor crab?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Which emperor crab?

Post by Tahsfenz » January 28th, 2013, 7:43 pm

I have both a rare H/H and rare P/P. which should I finish off to 25? Or should I do both?

Tasenet
Pet Score:2765
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Re: Which emperor crab?

Post by Tasenet » January 28th, 2013, 8:46 pm

I like my P/P more because it hits harder and heals harder, which most of the time makes up for having less hit points. I did level up both the P/P and H/H though. I would say level the P/P first, then the H/H, but don't worry so much about getting the H/H leveled up as fast.

Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Zheron » January 28th, 2013, 9:22 pm

P/P all the way imo. As previously stated, not only does it attack and hit HARD...attack power also causes larger heals.

Speed really isn't important with this pet for the most part if you use Surge, as it is an ability that always goes first.

My favorite three abilities to run with the crabs are Surge, Renewing Mists, and Whirlpool, and out of all of the crabs, the P/P Emperor Crab is my favorite.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » January 28th, 2013, 10:52 pm

I actually came across this while helping my wife do the spirit tamers. She has this sitting at 23 and she needed something to deal with the elementals. I was blown away how thoroughly it handled them, even 2 levels lower. Hers was P/P, so that's what I was leaning towards.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 28th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Power also makes the shields bigger.

Really, there's no reason not to get the biggest Power pet you can for any given pet for tamer battles.
PvP can like Speed, but against the computer, the patterns are a known quantity.
(there are, obviously, a few exceptions where Speed shines - but overall, Power is where it's at for PvE)
ImageImage

Tasenet
Pet Score:2765
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Tasenet » January 29th, 2013, 11:24 am

The one time heal for the crab is also pretty good. The P/P emperor crab is in general I think a very good pet for most master tamer battles, being able to handle on its own many teams 1v2 and sometimes 1v3. A good pet to have in your arsenal. It's no fancy raid pet like Chrominimus (which is also a pretty nice battler) but it's still very very good.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » January 29th, 2013, 11:09 pm

I like the P/P breed Emperor Crab so much that I went out of my way to get 3 of them.

Myrrmi
Pet Score:2466
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Myrrmi » January 30th, 2013, 8:53 am

p/p all the way. He rocks!