Collaborative effort on deciding the "best" breed for each?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us
Collaborative effort on deciding the "best" breed for each?

Post by Zheron » January 26th, 2013, 12:20 am

Perhaps this is a feature that could be added to Warcraft Pets. Allow people to vote on the specific breeds for each pet to help players who aren't sure which breed they should keep, etc.

While this could be very easily generalized by saying, perhaps, all flying pets are best in breed X, as an example...I just don't think that is enough as each pet is unique in its own right.

Along with the ability to vote on pet breeds, it would be nice to be able to add a comment along with your vote as to why you chose that particular breed over another to be your favorite, and comment as to what conditions that pet and breed should be used.

Then, have the results listed in order so we can see the rankings. I'd mainly want to see the rankings so that I could collect the top 3 breeds of pets that have more than 3. I honestly still wish they would allow us to have a maximum of either: 3, or the total number of different breeds if the pet has more than 3 breeds.

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Re: Collaborative effort on deciding the "best" breed for ea

Post by Knotrandall » January 26th, 2013, 10:47 am

Zheron wrote:I honestly still wish they would allow us to have a maximum of either: 3, or the total number of different breeds if the pet has more than 3 breeds.
Or if the pet is available in more than one color. I have 2 level 25 rare breed 3 bandicoon kits but one is blue and the other is brown so I feel bad getting rid of one.

Ebbie
Pet Score:4510
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Ebbie » January 26th, 2013, 12:23 pm

This would be a real big help. I have a hard time deciding on which breed id to get for some pets that come in more than three different breed id's.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 26th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Knotrandall wrote:I have 2 level 25 rare breed 3 bandicoon kits but one is blue and the other is brown so I feel bad getting rid of one.
Shy Bandicoon only comes in brown.
Bandicoon and Bandicoon Kit come in brown, blue and white.

I currently have a Brown Shy Bandicoon, a Blue Bandicoon and a White Bandicoon Kit.
That way I have all three colors and all three pets, but only one of each pet.
ImageImage

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » January 26th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Oh good idea! Honestly, the only reason I have both of them is because I was leveling up all of my high level pets for the achievement, but now I will keep my eye open for the color combinations you mentioned.