How to battle the pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
Re: How to battle the pets?

Post by Nursie » April 25th, 2012, 8:02 am

Advocate wrote:Sorry i'm not set up for streaming else i would have shown you.
'tis a shame you can't capture yet, but still not bad.

Currently using the Albino Snake, Blue Moth & Dark Whelping as they all have there skills.

Btw: What's the name of the Warcraft Pets guild on Lost Isles (Alliance) I can't recall so haven't joined yet.
you can always try Fraps and upload a vid to youtube or just take loads of screenies for the people who can't get access to the system :D

Skjoldmo
Top Rater
Pet Score:2633
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Skjoldmo » April 25th, 2012, 8:56 am

Hey!

Here is a pic of the Pet Battle : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3297663/Pet/Pets%20battle.PNG

This is how I did it.

You need to learn a new pet so you need to have a character that dont have many pets and buy a new one from AH. Now you can batlle with that pet.

Have fun.

//Mø

Post by Guest » April 25th, 2012, 11:39 am

Got my journal to work! Took ages, but I ended up doing something similar to Skjoldmo's suggestion (before reading your post, wish I looked here sooner!).

I can't battle though, my client freezes when I click a wild pet. :( Looks like it may be a Mac problem. Wish I could test out the battles! :evil:

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 25th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Interesting thing from the video posted to the warcraftpets facebook page: all pets that enter combat in a battle share the xp, even ones that have been knocked out

Sikker

Post by Sikker » April 25th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Wamo wrote:Got my journal to work! Took ages, but I ended up doing something similar to Skjoldmo's suggestion (before reading your post, wish I looked here sooner!).

I can't battle though, my client freezes when I click a wild pet. :( Looks like it may be a Mac problem. Wish I could test out the battles! :evil:
Not just mac, my client crashes every 3 seconds and I use a PC, and many people on the forums are having similar issues.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 25th, 2012, 1:46 pm

OK from what i can tell you NEED to start a fresh toon on a fresh server with 0 toons, this way you have no pets when starting so it won't bug out on you. I've tried this and can finally learn mr. chilly and core-hound pup into my pet journal.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 25th, 2012, 2:02 pm

I can now confirm that copying a live character to a fresh server on the beta with 0 toons before the update happened will copy with all pets available, you can find me on mekkatorque (alliance) @ Xalenia if you want to test some pvp battles :)

Thehermit
MVP
Pet Score:3453
BattleTag®:TheHermit#1132
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Thehermit » April 25th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:OK from what i can tell you NEED to start a fresh toon on a fresh server with 0 toons, this way you have no pets when starting so it won't bug out on you. I've tried this and can finally learn mr. chilly and core-hound pup into my pet journal.
YES! Thank you this finally worked. Was trying with alts and premades all on the same server with no luck.

Sabracadabra
Pet Score:8306
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Post by Sabracadabra » April 25th, 2012, 5:33 pm

Im at 171 pets on live so there really wasnt any pet around that I could learn quickly. The only way I found of getting one was using an alt with only a couple pets, for some reason the pet battle trainer in razor hill had one pet available to learn for that char (black kingsnake) along with the tracking and battling habilities.

When ilogged back my main the snake was available to him.

Meanwhile got the lordaeron ghost and the silverpine forest squireel, none of them seem to have abilitys.

Thehermit
MVP
Pet Score:3453
BattleTag®:TheHermit#1132
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Thehermit » April 25th, 2012, 6:03 pm

Anyone have higher level pets yet? Seems like the gains from leveling is basically nothing right now.

Edit: Got Nuts to level 6 and his new ability is very strong and I can finally battle level 6-8 creatures. The starter one only seems to scale about 1 dmg per level and feels useless now.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 25th, 2012, 8:02 pm

got my yeti and scorpion to lvl 2 :) i really wanna level my fire specced tiny snowman though lol.

Thaysula
Pet Score:6596
BattleTag®:Thaysula#1842
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Thaysula » April 25th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Level 2 nice, that means they fixed the XP bug. Pity i'm at work.

When i was playing last night the XP was doing this - XP from winning = current XP
instead of Current XP + win = Current XP. So you couldn't get past about 75xp.

--------
Adv (Lost Isles)

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 25th, 2012, 10:54 pm

They didn't mean to put battles in beta yet - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768327063#1
Some of my best friends are imaginary…