My new Battle Pets blog

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Enzzo
Pet Score:6336
Realm:Executus-us
My new Battle Pets blog

Post by Enzzo » January 15th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Hey guys :) Thought I'd share my new blog with you.

[url]http://warpets.info/[/url]

It contains my strategies for defeating the tamers using only 2 pets, and has loads of other information about battle pets. Check it out! :)

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: My new Battle Pets blog

Post by Gendou » January 15th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Very useful information, and a nice clean layout. I like it.

Will there be a comment system?
I had some questions about some of the strategies, but there doesn't seem to be a place to ask them.
ImageImage

Enzzo

Post by Enzzo » January 15th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Since it's hosted on Tumblr, you have to "follow" the blog for 2 weeks before you can comment. Unfortunately, that's not something I can change. However, you can "ask" me something by clicking the little question mark icon that points to [url]http://warpets.info/ask[/url] and I'd be happy to elaborate on anything that needs clarification :)

Jin
Pet Score:5378
Realm:Eonar-eu

Post by Jin » January 16th, 2013, 1:17 am

Nice work! :D

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » January 16th, 2013, 5:25 am

i'm supposed to be working but i risked a glance at it... you did a great job there! i didn't go through all of it yet but it looks extremely well done, full of invaluable information. i just learned that i've wasted a dragonkin stone on a infinite whelp, gosh. :) i'll definetely go back.

Enzzo

Post by Enzzo » January 16th, 2013, 7:11 am

Thanks :) I wouldn't say a stone's completely wasted on Infinite Whelp; it's a fairly rare spawn, so catching a rare can take a while.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » January 16th, 2013, 9:05 am

oh yeah, i've started to use green battle stones on rare spawning pets with good breeds because i simply don't have the time to camp them all for rare+best breed. however i only do this on pets that are on my list of around 20 pets i priorize now to have good tamer duos for fast levelling and more stones later.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » January 16th, 2013, 11:06 am

bookmarked :)
Mingyao on Madoran

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 16th, 2013, 11:48 am

That is some really good info thanks for doing it. Bookmarked :)
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Post by Guest » January 16th, 2013, 5:54 pm

That's a great blog you have there, will continue to visit for sure. :D

Enzzo

Post by Enzzo » January 16th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Thanks guys :) I'm going to keep updating daily, and hopefully get some video guides up soon.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » January 17th, 2013, 9:15 am

Enzzo wrote:Since it's hosted on Tumblr, you have to "follow" the blog for 2 weeks before you can comment
Alrighty, then. I've followed you on Tumblr. :D
ImageImage

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » January 17th, 2013, 11:12 am

All I can say is "WOWWWW"!!! This is an incredibly useful blog. Thank you for taking the time to share your insights. I plan to follow the blog every day. :)

Gendou

Post by Gendou » January 19th, 2013, 7:44 pm

So I'm following the blog, and I'm following the instructions therein. :mrgreen:

For the most part, the Tamer strategies work flawlessly - there are several really good ideas in there that I hadn't thought of.
I ended up leveling several pets I'd been ignoring (Viscidus, Spirit Crab, Anubisath) in order to use the strategies.
A few don't seem to work very well for me (the Fire Spirit strategy - at least for me - seems to hinge on the dragon missing on his lift-off; if he connects, It causes a chain reaction where I don't have enough health left for my other pets to make it through the fight), but most of them are spot-on. I need to run through a few of them a few more times before I comment in-depth, however.

Also, I'm sure the video guides are very useful, but for whatever reason I'm somewhat averse to video guides.
That's just me, though - many people love them and prefer them to written guides. I just like the written stuff myself.

But all in all, a brilliant blog. Definitely A++ material.
ImageImage

Jin
Pet Score:5378
Realm:Eonar-eu

Post by Jin » January 21st, 2013, 5:37 am

The strategies seem to work out very well, thank you for making it easier for me to level my pets! :D

The one against Mo'ruk seems to be very luck based though, and after using the Fluxfire and Nexus Whelp and lost 9 battles in a row I decided to try to improve it and came up with a one that seems a lot more reliable!

I follow the first part of your tactics, but once the Fluxfire dies I send in a Onyxian Whelp instead, using Lift Off to avoid Lightstalker's Moth Dust, then just dpsing him down with Tail Swipe and use my Healing Flame if necessary. Then I just repeat the tactic for Needleback, using the Lift Off to avoid Headbutt and just dps and heal if necessary, and it works like a charm.

Hope it can be of any help! :)

Cabadath
Pet Score:2577
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Cabadath » January 21st, 2013, 10:38 am

Jin wrote:The strategies seem to work out very well, thank you for making it easier for me to level my pets! :D

The one against Mo'ruk seems to be very luck based though, and after using the Fluxfire and Nexus Whelp and lost 9 battles in a row I decided to try to improve it and came up with a one that seems a lot more reliable!

I follow the first part of your tactics, but once the Fluxfire dies I send in a Onyxian Whelp instead, using Lift Off to avoid Lightstalker's Moth Dust, then just dpsing him down with Tail Swipe and use my Healing Flame if necessary. Then I just repeat the tactic for Needleback, using the Lift Off to avoid Headbutt and just dps and heal if necessary, and it works like a charm.

Hope it can be of any help! :)
Another option which has been very reliable to me is:
1) Lowlvl pet (soaks the first attack - might need a bit of HP to survive, and with higher HP it can soak the burrow)
2) Emerald Proto Whelp [4] (emerald bite, emerald prescence, emerald dream) - finishes off the moth and grub and perhaps the last pet
3) Spawn of onyxia [4] (tail sweep, healing flame, lift-off) - takes down the last pet if RNG kills off your emerald proto, or you let the emerald proto die to finish off the last pet faster. Could also use Infinite Whelpling [4] (tail sweep, healing flame, early advantage) - though you would be best served by killing the second pet with Infinite whelpling to get the dragonkin bonus dmg for early advantage (can take off about 1k hp from the last pet in one hit, depending on your hp compared to the enemy pet).

Also, Jade Oozeling [4] (absorb, corrosion, acidic goo) is extremely effective against a lot of trainers. Especially vs Zusshi, Yon and Aki. Start with acidic goo, then corrosion (reapply if the enemy avoids it with liftoff/burrow/miss), then do absorb to heal for about 330 hp for two rounds, at which point the dot's tick their last tick and the enemy should be dead). Usually paired with fluxfire feline [5], though that may change with the fluxfire nerf in 5.2 (whereupon fluxfire feline [4] might compensate for the nerf at the cost of speed).

I am looking forward to the legendary pet battles, just to try out ghostly skull (ascension for +25 % dmg for 9 rounds) paired with jade oozeling which then would gain an obscene ammount of dmg and self heal.

Enzzo

Post by Enzzo » January 24th, 2013, 11:06 am

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) I agree, the Fire Spirit and Mo'ruk strategies are the weakest of the bunch. I usually don't have a problem with Fire, although it does hinge on luck somewhat.

Mo'ruk is just a hard tamer. I appreciate your input on him. I'll level up my Onyxian and Emerald Proto and see if I can't post a better guide :)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » January 24th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Anubisath Idol will basically solo the Fire Spirit, if you Reflect the 2nd half of Lift-Off against the dragon, and then reflect conflags against the spirit (he tends to do Conflag, heal, Immolate, pass, pass, Conflag, etc.--it doesn't matter if you reflect the first one since you won't be immolated at that point, and he's going to heal right after anyway). Sandstorm prevents nearly all damage from the fly at the end, but this part is slow so you might include a 2nd pet that can kill it faster.

Scourged Whelpling can also take out the first two pets without much trouble (keep up plagued blood, finish the dragon with Darkness, and swap out if conflag is going to hit you with immolate up), but the fly will murder it, so again you'd want something like an Emerald Proto for that part.

Mo'ruk is annoying due to the moth: usually I use Darkmoon Zeppelin and Emerald Proto. If you start with Zeppelin against the grub, then Missile, Decoy, Missile, Missile, Missile, you'll kill the grub while taking <500 damage, barring miss/dodge. Emerald Proto then kills the moth, but it's a bit slow because you really want to finish the moth with 800+ health, so depending on Moth Dust luck you may need to heal a couple times. Then just swing away at the turtle--Emerald Proto takes a decent chunk out of him due to dragonkin passive, so lowbie+Zeppelin should have no trouble wrapping up.

Other dragons can work (Sprite Darter Hatchling/Nether Faerie Dragon, Lil' Tarecgosa, Nexus Whelpling), but if the moth gets lucky with moth dust it can kill these guys. Emerald Proto is slow but he never loses.

Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Poutinette » January 24th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Krasarang, you will do much better with replacing the fluxfire feline with a darkmoon zeppelin.

bombing run. follow up with decoy. just do missiles after that.

You will face Lightstalker with near full HP, repeat with bombing run, decoy and missiles and you will get him to low HP before dying.

I then switch to low level pet for one round, then replace with a Gilnean Raven who use Darkness and Nocturnal Strike.

Enzzo

Post by Enzzo » January 24th, 2013, 3:36 pm

I tried out Emerald Proto, and it worked like a charm :) Thanks for the tip.