Restless Shadeling question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
MachineMaiden
Pet Score:5367
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Restless Shadeling question

Post by MachineMaiden » December 27th, 2012, 9:32 am

Just this morning I got an undead flawless stone and then instantly went to look for a Restless Shadeling. I managed to snag an uncommon of each breed id they are able to come in up I can't make up my mind which to use the stone on. More HP is nice and I hear it's the way to go but I noticed in battle when you have a bit more speed you end up missing less, or that could just be my imagination. I need some help making up my mind so any input would be welcome. Thank in advanced!

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Re: Restless Shadeling question

Post by Talmar » December 31st, 2012, 11:18 am

Personally, Restless Shadeling's are pretty easy to farm. I would save an undead stone for a Scourged Whelpling. There are not farmable and just getting one should be an achievement in and of itself.

I snagged a common and am happy to have that. I still hope for an undead stone to upgrade him.

If you don't care for a Scourged Whelpling then I'd go for upgrading one of the undead pets you can't get in any other rarity than uncommon like the creepy crate or the ghostly skull.

To answer your actual question though, I'd probably go for speed. HP's are not as big an issue with the Shadeling as it heals itself quite well.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » January 1st, 2013, 11:25 pm

is shadeling easy to farm? i can't stay up that late most nights, but the times i have the places were full of tamers (thanks crz) :roll:

i do agree about whelpling first for stone

i used my first on a crate actually, then scourged whelpling, then restless shadeling. this topic came up in warcraftpets guild chat the other day... thing is the speed version doesn't have a ton of speed, and the only thing you'd get a lot of use from higher speed is the block ... but then you'd give up the damage/heal ability for that slot (3rd)

i used mine on a health version, but i'm not saying that's the best... it's not as big a choice as with flayer or fluxfire tho, or something else where going first is a big part of the way the pet plays.

IMO
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

MachineMaiden
Pet Score:5367
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by MachineMaiden » January 2nd, 2013, 9:12 pm

Thanks for the info. Sadly I was idiotic and before looking at how rare the Scourged Whelpling is I used the stone on my Shadeling. >.< I HIGHLY regret that now. I really appreciate all the help though, thank you all so much!

Exxs
Pet Score:1555
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Exxs » January 4th, 2013, 9:42 am

Utilizing realms outside of your standard time frame can be an excellent way to go looking for pets. If your serious about pet collecting and don't mind leveling and alt try rolling on an oceanic server(If you are not on one of course) just to get more access to ideal time period.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » January 4th, 2013, 10:12 am

MachineMaiden wrote:Thanks for the info. Sadly I was idiotic and before looking at how rare the Scourged Whelpling is I used the stone on my Shadeling. >.< I HIGHLY regret that now. I really appreciate all the help though, thank you all so much!
Do the 12 trainer dailies that reward pet bags (Karazhan, Winterspring, Shadowmoon, Icecrown, Uldum & 7 Pandaria zones). You'll ge an average of one stone per day, which may be affected by running one lowbie in your team. Chances are, you'll get an undead stone sooner rather than later. I've had 3 or 4 Undead ones since the patch hit.

In fact, I have no more Undead to use it on, unless I spot a breed I need to replace ,so next time I get one, I'll save it and swap it for any other class stone with you :p
Last edited by Gromagrim on January 4th, 2013, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mos
Pet Score:2126
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Mos » January 4th, 2013, 10:14 am

Server surfing is how I got both of my FFF's. Brazilian server ftw! Couldn't speak a lick of Portuguese, but I just had to ignore the guild invites for a few minutes a few times to get what I wanted.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 4th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Gromagrim wrote:You'll ge an average of one stone per day, which may be affected by running one lowbie in your team.
I'm interested by this. What exactly does it mean?

I always try to run at least one lowbie on my teams for leveling, and I do all of the bag dailies... daily.
I've found that the number of stones I get fluctuates wildly, but I've not kept track of any pattern - I assumed it was purely random.

Are you saying that having a lowbie on your team can influence your chances of pulling a stone from the trainer bags?
ImageImage

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 4th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Gendou wrote: Are you saying that having a lowbie on your team can influence your chances of pulling a stone from the trainer bags?
I don't think having a low level pet on your team while doing dailies influences the battle-stone drop rate. I rarely use the dailies to level pets, yet I still get plenty of stone drops when my team is level appropriate.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com