Which 3 Pets Would be your Dream Team?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us
Re: Which 3 Pets Would be your Dream Team?

Post by Ruzgofdi » December 11th, 2011, 11:16 am

Alskonda wrote:At the moment I look for a third member for my "magic" team.
Currently, it's Celestial Dragon and Lil' Tarcgosa. I hope the Soul of the Aspect will be obtainable soon to be the third!

Two options for a third team member have popped into my head:

1) Besides "magic", your team so far also has a "dragon" theme going. Azure Whelpling could work, as another representative from the blue dragonflight.

2) Kirin Tor Familiar. A pet rewarded after a long period of mystical study in the city of Dalaran.

Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Ritsuka » December 15th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Bwahahaha! I love reading about all the little themed teams people come up with.

How about Wrath of Zangarmarsh: Tiny Sporebat, Legs the Fen Strider, and a Nether Ray Fry.

Companions of the Core:[pet] Lil' Ragnaros[/pet], Core Hound Pup, and Lumpy.

Oh yes, the question. XD I don't know what my "Dream Team" would be. I love my favorite pets and would want to level them first, but I also feel like I'd want my team to have a theme...and I'm not having any obvious groupings spring to mind looking at my Top 10. I don't have a third "warm colored flyer" after Tiny Sporebat and Phoenix Hatchling, and I don't have a third "winged kitty" after Wind Rider Cub and Guardian Cub...will obviously have to get more creative or branch out a bit.

Being the insane (title official!) completionist that I am, I know I'll feel the need to level ALL my pets to max eventually. Especially if there's some sort of achievement associated. Yes, all 185+ of them. I hope it's not too grueling or difficult, and perhaps offers some nice rewards. XD

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » December 15th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Stealing the basic idea from Dirtyshadow;

Pebble, Frigid Frostling and Lumpy would make a wicked-looking team!

Zaea
Top Rater
Pet Score:5266
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Zaea » December 17th, 2011, 1:38 am

Quintessence wrote:If they allow more than one team of 3, I'd create a team of flying pets, a team of hovering pets, a team of ground pets, and then one last team with one of each! I haven't decided which pets to place in each team yet though. :lol:
Instead of a team with one of each you should do a Sea Pony, Puffer Fish, and Speedy or darkmoon faire turtle, or Mr. Pinchy, unless they add in another fish pet (which i am sure they will).

I think that if you can have multiple teams I'd definitely do an all elemental pet team: Searing Scorchling, Lumpy, and Frigid Frostling. I"m sure we will see a lot of all whelpling teams so I won't do that.

My ultimate dream team would probably be the dark phoenix, the regular phoenix, and the celestial dragon.

Surathel
Pet Score:1766
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Surathel » December 18th, 2011, 3:05 am

I was thinking… maybe Guardian Cub for flying power, Wind Rider Cub to say "For the Horde Pet Collectors!", and… Cenarion Hatchling to finish it off. (Just a notice, all of these were purchased and I would like to be proud of it) Backups: Onyxian Whelpling, Gryphon Hatchling, Lil Kt, Lil Raggy, and Elementium Geode.

Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Thralla » December 22nd, 2011, 3:30 pm

Until we have more information, from the pets I currently have, my Dream Team would be:

Onyxian Whelpling - fire breathing and flying
Guardian Cub - land abilities and flight abilities and cute little teeth and claws
Snarly - land and water abilities with one heck of a bite

Anxious to find out more about the battles.

Slipknife

Post by Slipknife » January 3rd, 2012, 10:14 pm

Without knowing anything about the moves, etc, I think:

Phoenix Hatching
Kirin Tor Familiar
Magical Crawdad

Though (maybe I'm biased :D ) an Engineering Team would be fun:

Mechanical Squirrel
Yeti
World Destroyer

Drahken
Pet Score:1227
BattleTag®:Drahkenkahn#1313
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Drahken » February 4th, 2012, 3:15 am

Sundrop wrote:if its anything like pokemon, then you gotta have your elements represented!

Phoenix Hatchling for Fire/Air
Jubling for Water/Poison
Yeti for Earth/Ice

just missing physic! :P however, jubling DOES whisper in your mind little love coos, so maybe he could be three ....hmm...
You've gotta have a dragon type in there somewhere. They're too good not to. Celestial Dragon? Hmm, but that would probably also be a flying type, so double weak to ice. Ooh! Deathy! Half dragon, half murloc (and therefore a water type). He'd only be weak to other dragons.

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » April 5th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Drahken wrote:
Sundrop wrote:if its anything like pokemon, then you gotta have your elements represented!

Phoenix Hatchling for Fire/Air
Jubling for Water/Poison
Yeti for Earth/Ice

just missing physic! :P however, jubling DOES whisper in your mind little love coos, so maybe he could be three ....hmm...
You've gotta have a dragon type in there somewhere. They're too good not to. Celestial Dragon? Hmm, but that would probably also be a flying type, so double weak to ice. Ooh! Deathy! Half dragon, half murloc (and therefore a water type). He'd only be weak to other dragons.
Your pets are only 1 type but they can have multiple types of abilities.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 5th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:
Your pets are only 1 type but they can have multiple types of abilities.
A part of me wants to see if there's any pets out there that can learn abilities that are strong against the types of pets that the pet is weak against.

Like a Flying type that can learn a Mythical ability, making it a surprise for Dragons.

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » April 5th, 2012, 8:26 pm

you should check out this image compilation of current pets with abilities:

http://gametechmods.com/uploads/images/ ... 050412.jpg

Dragons can use flying attacks, are weak against magical pets and i think magical pets are weak against flying (i might be wrong but iirc that's all correct.)

Mic_128
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Mic_128 » April 5th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Team Green Slime:
Jade Oozeling, Disgusting Oozeling and Toxic Wasteling.

Team Baby Moonkin
Moonkin Hatchling, Teldrasil Sproutling, Withers.

Team Insect:
Cockroach, Speedy, Mr Grubs

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » April 5th, 2012, 10:25 pm

I have many possible dream teams. but right now one of my favorite ideas is: mini succubus, mini shivarra, mini eredar (female)... a team of naughty girls X3

I just hope those pets will exist, but I guess the chances are slim T_T