Which healing pets you prefer?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aqvacool
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu
Which healing pets you prefer?

Post by Aqvacool » December 24th, 2012, 6:15 am

Hello, which healing pets you like to usually use? I mean pets that can heal next pet you use or even whole team. 8-)
Currently I love my Shore Crab. Only pet that can heal other which I posses, is Black Lamb.. might just level up that bad boy!

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Which healing pets you prefer?

Post by Zaelo » December 24th, 2012, 9:46 am

I used to love to play with the Terrible Turnip and Singing Sunflower cause they can both heal the whole party, but eventually I realised that all those aoe heal were not as good as I thought they were. Against high damage pets, they just don't heal enough for the amount of damage they take, and are too busy healing to actually take the other team down. Might win in the end, but it makes for very long fights.

So I have to suggest the Magical Crawdad and Magic Lamp, for the wonderful Wish ability. No other heal in game is as good as Wish, with 3 rounds cooldown, healing 50% of a pet's health. Wish can be used on other pets than the one casting it too, so these two pets are always a pretty decent addition to any team really.

Sinergies are always interesting too. Combining a pet with Sunny Day, increasing pets health by 50% and increasing healing done by 25%, with a pet that has Wish, well you're making his Wish heal for 94% (50% * 1.5 * 1.25) of the pet's regular health. Let's say this Wish is used on a pet with very high health like the Crawdad, well that will heal him for about 1769. And you can do it every 4 rounds (3 rounds cooldown). Considering he can add a damage reduction spell on top of this, well let's just say you better have pretty good damage output to take him down hehe.

Aqvacool
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu

Post by Aqvacool » December 24th, 2012, 10:44 am

Seems really intresting. I have heard talk about Magical Crawdad before, seems that I have to get that one.
edit: that Sinergy seem crazy! :shock:

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 24th, 2012, 11:06 am

Hehehe it is.

Pacer I don't fully understand your 300 rounds pvp fight. How did you Anubisath Idol last for 300 rounds?? I dont recall him having any kind of heal, didnt the guy with the crawdad ever launch any attack??

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 24th, 2012, 11:41 am

Oooh, humanoid, duh. I had a brain fart I think.
But wow, it's not that hard to outdps the humanoid passive.. lol

And yeah.. he could have done a lot better with his crawdad lol, starting by using shell shield and wish instead of renewing mist :P

Erian
Pet Score:2435
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Erian » December 24th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Zaelo wrote:And yeah.. he could have done a lot better with his crawdad lol, starting by using shell shield and wish instead of renewing mist :P
Why use Shell Shield if you want to heal up your other pets? Which is one big strength of the Crawdad. ;)

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 25th, 2012, 3:54 am

Erian wrote:
Zaelo wrote:And yeah.. he could have done a lot better with his crawdad lol, starting by using shell shield and wish instead of renewing mist :P
Why use Shell Shield if you want to heal up your other pets? Which is one big strength of the Crawdad. ;)
Cause Wish is best used on the Crawdad himself, due to his very high health, he'll get the bigger heals from Wish.

Combine it with Shell Shield and he gets very hard to kill. Shell Shield will not only block more damage than Renewing Mist can heal, especially against any pet that does DoTs or multi-attacks, but you also only need to cast it every 5 rounds to keep it up, not every 3 rounds like renewing mist. He's already a defensive pet, if you use half your rounds healing, you're not dealing much damage at all.

Yes, you CAN use wish on other pets, but having him in your team only for that is a waste of a pet slot in my opinion. You want a pet who can fend for himself in every spot, the fact that you can toss the Wish on another pet is a bonus, not his only purpose.

Erian
Pet Score:2435
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Erian » December 25th, 2012, 9:25 am

Zaelo wrote:Yes, you CAN use wish on other pets, but having him in your team only for that is a waste of a pet slot in my opinion. You want a pet who can fend for himself in every spot, the fact that you can toss the Wish on another pet is a bonus, not his only purpose.
I have to disagree. Yes, you CAN build him to be a strong tank on his own. But the crawdad won't deal a lot of damage with all this extra HP. And its damage can pretty easily be outhealed. A burst pet (FFF!) however can kill pretty much any enemy pet within 3-5 rounds. Getting it healed up again can buy you very valuable time.

Example: Start with FFF. Kill one enemy pet. Against smart enemies the FFF usually is near death and does not have the time to fully charge up again. So switch to Crawdad, use Mists and Wish, back to FFF -> even if you get smashed into the self repair at this point your FFF is near 100% after Wish + Mists ticked. Kill a second pet. Or just charge up (if you are not sure if you will survive long enough) switch back to your Crawdad (or first your third pet, if Wish is still on CD), and just repeat. Basically you are transfering HP from the Crawdad (that takes a couple of hits to cast Mist and Wish) to a pet of your choosing.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 25th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Erian wrote:
Zaelo wrote:Yes, you CAN use wish on other pets, but having him in your team only for that is a waste of a pet slot in my opinion. You want a pet who can fend for himself in every spot, the fact that you can toss the Wish on another pet is a bonus, not his only purpose.
I have to disagree. Yes, you CAN build him to be a strong tank on his own. But the crawdad won't deal a lot of damage with all this extra HP. And its damage can pretty easily be outhealed. A burst pet (FFF!) however can kill pretty much any enemy pet within 3-5 rounds. Getting it healed up again can buy you very valuable time.

Example: Start with FFF. Kill one enemy pet. Against smart enemies the FFF usually is near death and does not have the time to fully charge up again. So switch to Crawdad, use Mists and Wish, back to FFF -> even if you get smashed into the self repair at this point your FFF is near 100% after Wish + Mists ticked. Kill a second pet. Or just charge up (if you are not sure if you will survive long enough) switch back to your Crawdad (or first your third pet, if Wish is still on CD), and just repeat. Basically you are transfering HP from the Crawdad (that takes a couple of hits to cast Mist and Wish) to a pet of your choosing.
Ooh I know, and I've healed my FFF with my crawdad too, but I dont use my crawdad JUST for that, is what Im saying. It's just a total waste if you ONLY use him to heal others.. yes his damage is low, don't use him against a pet who can outheal his damage, use him against any pet that doesn't heal, but mostly just don't waste a pet slot for a pet if you dont intend to use him...

Renewing mist will cost you 1 more round to do (then if you throw him in just to Wish your FFF), for 2 ticks on your FFF (wooptidoo), and your crawdad will end up going down faster that way. You'll last longer and be able to use his Wish more often if you can make him last longer. Plus when your FFF does end up going down, well your Crawdad wont be as useless. He'll be able to full himself up in a few rounds, given he's not against a very high damage output pet, and more efficiently with Shell Shield than with Renewing Mist.

Renewing Mist is not a bad ability, but personnally I find Shell Shield quite better. No matter how you intend on using your Crawdad really.

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » December 27th, 2012, 11:20 am

Regarding pets that can heal, I like pets that have an attack that returns health to the user.
Jungle Grub's "Consume" is really good, and I like my Spectral Shadeling because he combines Plagued Blood with Death Coil and I've used him at lvl 17 to take out a lvl 24 pet all by himself. (that doesn't always work if he misses a lot).
My molten hatchling has a leech life spell that damages/heals double if the target is webbed.

I find that in a pvp fight, if I have pets that can heal themselves while still attacking, I have a higher chance of winning.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 27th, 2012, 11:44 am

Bonhomous wrote:Regarding pets that can heal, I like pets that have an attack that returns health to the user.
Jungle Grub's "Consume" is really good, and I like my Spectral Shadeling because he combines Plagued Blood with Death Coil and I've used him at lvl 17 to take out a lvl 24 pet all by himself. (that doesn't always work if he misses a lot).
My molten hatchling has a leech life spell that damages/heals double if the target is webbed.

I find that in a pvp fight, if I have pets that can heal themselves while still attacking, I have a higher chance of winning.
Very true.
A lot of people enjoy very high dps pets to counter this though.
I was using the Magical Crawdad, Molten Hatchling and I think the Terrible Turnip (to keep Sunny Day up and enhance the healing abilities of the other two) in my early pvp pet battle days, worked pretty good! :)

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 31st, 2012, 11:27 am

My 3 favorite healing pets are...

Magical Crawdad - Wish is just awesome and it can be used for him or other pets.

Restless Shadeling - Healing abilities that return health when attacking are very nice.

Molten Hatchling - Watching another pet kill himself while attacking brittle webbed while I heal myself with every attack he does while also healing is very nice indeed.