Which pet to use?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Latura
Which pet to use?

Post by Latura » December 20th, 2012, 12:57 pm

This is my first time posting here but I have been lurking since I started pet battles 2 weeks ago. I have found a lot of really good information but I have ha two part question I could use help on. Up to this point I have collected a couple battle stones but not sure which would be the best pets to use them on. I have 4x Beast, 1x Aquatic, 1x Flying, 1x Undead, and 1x Universal. I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions based on what I currently have or if there is some super awesome pet that I haven't collected yet that one of those stones would be good for? I am not to concerned just yet about having all pets as Rare, more concerned about making the best pet for battles Rare.

My second part is just what some options might be based on what I have for some good teams. I have been using my 2 Fluxfire Felines and Flayer Youngling for almost every battle subbing in my Flowing Spirit for the Elemental battles but with the nerf coming to Fluxfire Felines I would like to start working with new teams. My problem is I was never a pokemon person and I just started doing the battles so I am not all that good yet at figuring out which pets would synergies well together. So any help there as well would be greatly appreciated.

This is my current collection http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/latura/#col

Thank you all for your time and any help/input/criticism you may be able to provide.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Which pet to use?

Post by Zaelo » December 20th, 2012, 1:28 pm

I'm a little lazy so I won't look at your list specifically, but here's a list of highly recommended pets that have shown me they are worthy of MPV status and if you don't have them as rares already, I recommend getting/upgrading them. Hopefully it helps some ;)

Magical Crawdad
Molten Hatchling
Celestial Dragon
Flayer Youngling
Fel Flame
Fluxfire Feline (although will get nerfed in 5.2, not sure if he'll still be MPV worthy then)
Any Moth
Clockwork Gnome
Any slimeling/oozeling
(feels like I could keep going forever but these would be an awesome start!)

Frozenpets

Post by Frozenpets » December 20th, 2012, 4:44 pm

4 breed Emerald Proto Whelp
Ptterdax hatchling
rap whelk
Nexus Whelping
Abubisath Idol
Clockwork Gnome
Darkmoon Zep
4 breed emp crab
molten hatchling
fastest rabbit you have
Scourged Whelping or Restless Shadeling
Nordrassil Wisp
power breed kun lai runt
Venus/Sunflower
you can dominate all tamers with this bunch, usually needing 2.

Aqvacool
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu

Post by Aqvacool » December 21st, 2012, 3:17 pm

These lists seem to be quite good. Im just starting the real battles; I have 204 unique pets and I'm taming on Northend atm.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Drrum » December 21st, 2012, 4:12 pm

My suggestion is to stone pets that you are unable to farm rare or upgrade versions of. Pets that aren't available as rares, or that are so difficult to farm you've settled for a non-rare quality. My current favorite battle pets are snails, dragonkin, elementals, and mechanicals, but you don't have stones for those. Eventually you'll find stones to upgrade everyone, so pick your personal favorites and upgrade those!

Some suggestions for your stones:
Orphan Pets
Crow
Silithid Hatchling
Emerald Whelpling
Minfernal
Scourged Whelpling
Anodized Robo-Cub
Lofty Libram
Nordrassil Wisp
Flayer Youngling

Vicegrips
Pet Score:1893
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Vicegrips » December 23rd, 2012, 6:56 am

The previous replies cove advice regarding upgrades. You will encounte rares of most wild pets as you travel around. Keep a terrible turnip current for easy captures.

Please, before you use a universal Flawless Battle Stone, realize that they can be sold on the AH, unlike the family specific ones (Flawless Aquatic, Flawless Beast, etc.) On my server, the tradeable Flawless Battle Stones are being listed at 12,000 to 15,000 gold each. Check your server's auction house before you use it. That's a lot of gold to most people.

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » December 24th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Noticed some awesome pet's in here but which ones work the best with each other? Right now I'm having a tough time trying to put together teams that work well together.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 24th, 2012, 1:15 pm

FYI, your mirror strider has a similar combo to fluxfire's supercharge combo,

Cleansing Rain/pump/pump

Also, the FF isn't going to be worthless after the hotfix, not just quite a brutal.

For good combo teams I like to look at weather affects and then abilites that play off teh affect. Blizzards cause the chilled effect and several pets have abilities that do more damage against chilled.

Darkness, Scorched Earth, Cleansing Rain etc all have pets that can combo with those weather abilities.

Then there are abilites that combo well together like Plague Strike and pets with Dots. I'll use my restless shadeling to put up plague strike and then my Mechagnome and his turrets heal him every turret hit.