Are continent tamer quests supposed to be daily?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us
Are continent tamer quests supposed to be daily?

Post by Kagalii » December 20th, 2012, 6:16 am

By continent quests I mean quests like Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor, Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms etc NOT the individual dailies you pick up from each tamer separately. I am getting the Kalimdor quest every day from Varzok in Orgrimmar, I've completed it maybe 6-7 times now. It shows up not as a daily with the blue exclamation mark but as a regular quest (in the quest journal it also doesn't show as daily). But my alliance isn't getting any quests from the trainer in Stormwind even though she's completed stuff like Eastern Kingdoms meta and Northrend meta.

Are all the continent meta quests supposed to be daily? If so, is anyone having an issue picking some or all of them up from trainers?

Thanks.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Are continent tamer quests supposed to be daily?

Post by Gromagrim » December 20th, 2012, 6:40 am

Seems to be a bug after the patch. If you go to one of the trainers e.g. Traitor Gluk, he'll also offer his daily and you'll have two dialogue options to start the battle, this would suggest to me that it's not intended.

My guess is that there's lots of little kinks in the system due to the feature being accounttn wide, across two different factions.

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Azmeaiel » December 20th, 2012, 6:57 am

for me the continent quests will re-pop as soon as i finish them, although the travelling required usually discourages anyone doing them more than a few times a day, just takes too much time XD, they just seem to be on an endless loop.

Kagalii
Top Rater

Post by Kagalii » December 20th, 2012, 7:35 am

Azmeaiel wrote:for me the continent quests will re-pop as soon as i finish them, although the travelling required usually discourages anyone doing them more than a few times a day, just takes too much time XD, they just seem to be on an endless loop.
Which quests are you getting though? More than one?

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » December 20th, 2012, 7:55 am

I got Kalimdor and Cataclysm, from the trainer in Orgrimmar

(For info, I've completed the full questline, including Spirit tamers on my Alliance main)

Kagalii
Top Rater

Post by Kagalii » December 20th, 2012, 9:00 am

Gromagrim wrote:I got Kalimdor and Cataclysm, from the trainer in Orgrimmar

(For info, I've completed the full questline, including Spirit tamers on my Alliance main)
Thank you for confirming. This must be bugged partially or fully. Either these quests shouldn't be available at all after the initial completion or all of them should be available. Seems like it's very funky atm how some people are getting one, some two, some not getting them at all.

I have also completed the full chain on my horde a month or so ago.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 20th, 2012, 11:11 am

This also happened to me. I completed the full quest line through the spirit tamers on my Ally toon but could pick them all up on my Horde toon again.

Interesting note, because they are BoA quests, I picked them all up on my horde toon but have been completing them again on my Ally toon as I do my bag dailies. :)

Kagalii
Top Rater

Post by Kagalii » December 20th, 2012, 1:57 pm

I wish I could pick up more than the Kalimdor quest as I often make rounds around all Outlands tamers and Northrend and EK but am not getting baggies for a full round because of the absence of the quest. Wonder if there's anything I can do to make them appear.