Battle Logout Bug

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Matnoble
Pet Score:2038
Realm:Kargath-us
Battle Logout Bug

Post by Matnoble » December 19th, 2012, 5:29 pm

I was farming Arcane Eyes today and when I finally had a rare one pop I decided to logout to change up my pets to a better capture team. However, when I logged back in the Arcane Eye was no longer rare but poor.
So, did the hotfix change the ability to logout of a battle to keep the same quality pet available?

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Battle Logout Bug

Post by Bistromath » December 19th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Yes this has been hot fixed, no more battle log outs.

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Azmeaiel » December 19th, 2012, 7:04 pm

I was pretty dirty about this change, a DC caused a rare to be lost. Its not a beneficial change at all.

no idea why this would be hotfixed as about the only thing people used it for was to be fairer to other players and dc themselfs to leave up rare pets they didnt want.

the worst thing was people holding a rare for a friend which is again more of a friendly cheat helping each other than any nasty exploit .

not in the spirit of the game at all <_<

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 19th, 2012, 7:35 pm

This is pretty unwelcome. I don't see how killing cooperation between collectors is a good thing. And more to the point, this is needlessly punishing to people who are pulled out of combat because of being on a PVP server or have their game crash or whatnot.

That said, has anyone else noticed that undead and mechanical pets don't seem to be rezzing at all today?
Image Image

Mythichunter
Pet Score:4548
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Mythichunter » December 19th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Theaah wrote: That said, has anyone else noticed that undead and mechanical pets don't seem to be rezzing at all today?
I have seen it on numerous occasions since patch 5.1.

Erian
Pet Score:2435
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Erian » December 20th, 2012, 4:06 am

Before 5.1 some aquatic abilities "supressed" the rezz of undead/mechanicals. As far as I saw it 5.1 fixed most of this. However: At least Wind Up - that is being seen pretty often in PvP at the moment - currently supresses those rezzes. Fluxfire can literally one-shot even mechanical and undead pets at the moment.