My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 4033

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Quintessence » April 5th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Sn4tch wrote:aww poopy i was really looking forward to that restless shadeling :(


Oh, to clarify: The "*" in this thread (the Wild Pets found in the Eastern Kingdoms) indicates a wild pet unique to that zone.

In the other thread (the large list of pets found in the Pet Journal), the "*" found in the list indicates pets that probably won't go live or become true vanity pets.

So not to worry, the restless shadeling should be a wild pet in MoP. :)
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Nursie
 
Posts: 189
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 2376

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Nursie » April 5th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Sn4tch wrote:yay! i thought it was something like a rare spawn like every few hours or something i was noticing that * was above all that weren't in any other area so i was thinking either rare or not in any other zone


keep in mind they only spawn at roughly 2am ST to 7am ST, I'll have to check myself sometime :) and there's only like 3 of them that spawn so they will be rare.

User avatar
Mortis_darkskull
 
Posts: 61
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score:

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Mortis_darkskull » April 5th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Sn4tch wrote:aww poopy i was really looking forward to that restless shadeling :(


Oh, to clarify: The "*" in this thread (the Wild Pets found in the Eastern Kingdoms) indicates a wild pet unique to that zone.

In the other thread (the large list of pets found in the Pet Journal), the "*" found in the list indicates pets that probably won't go live or become true vanity pets.

So not to worry, the restless shadeling should be a wild pet in MoP. :)


that's why you guys should use different symbols for different things XP

User avatar
Maleika
 
Posts: 49
Joined: September 16th, 2010
Pet Score:

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Maleika » April 8th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Still waiting for the horse model from Hillsbrad to show up as a collectable pet. *fingers crossed*

User avatar
Wamo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 112
Joined: August 8th, 2008
Pet Score: 2045

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Wamo » April 14th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Found the Baby Ape on the Jaguero Island in STV!

Image

Couple of more pics:
Baby Ape and Friends
With the UI

It seems to be a rare pet with a spawn window. I found them around 4:50pm server, and by 5:00pm server they had despawned. It was also raining, but i'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

User avatar
Nezla
 
Posts: 13
Joined: July 27th, 2008
Pet Score: 3033

Re: Wild pets by zone

Postby Nezla » April 19th, 2012, 2:43 am

Alleryn wrote:Widow Hatchling -- Duskwood -- on the west side of the Twilight Grove, in with all the adult black widows


Found them on the east side of Twilight Grove too

User avatar
Nezla
 
Posts: 13
Joined: July 27th, 2008
Pet Score: 3033

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Nezla » April 19th, 2012, 3:25 am

Found Lizard Hatchling in Northern Stranglethorn and The Cape of Stranglethorn.
So far seen it in 3 different colours, with same name tag.

Image

User avatar
Dementron
 
Posts: 74
Joined: November 12th, 2011
Pet Score: 3640

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Dementron » April 19th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Nezla wrote:Found Lizard Hatchling in Northern Stranglethorn and The Cape of Stranglethorn.
So far seen it in 3 different colours, with same name tag.

Image


I keep wondering how Blizzard will handle tameable pets that have different colors but the same name. Will we only be able to tame one color? Will it be a random color every time it appears? I guess it will partly depend on how the system handles duplicates in general. I've heard that the wild pets at least will have some randomness to their stats, and I've wondered if we'd be able to farm up multiples to get one with better stats.

Also, on an only semi-related note, I am totally going to tame one of the wild lizard pets and name it after my bearded dragon.

User avatar
Nursie
 
Posts: 189
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 2376

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Nursie » April 19th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Dementron wrote:I keep wondering how Blizzard will handle tameable pets that have different colors but the same name. Will we only be able to tame one color? Will it be a random color every time it appears? I guess it will partly depend on how the system handles duplicates in general. I've heard that the wild pets at least will have some randomness to their stats, and I've wondered if we'd be able to farm up multiples to get one with better stats.

Also, on an only semi-related note, I am totally going to tame one of the wild lizard pets and name it after my bearded dragon.


I'd guess that you can only have one at a time, but you can always release it if you want a new color or want different stats. You can only learn a pet once, we know this due to the current pet cage teaching the same pet.

User avatar
Sanguinarius
 
Posts: 24
Joined: September 29th, 2010
Pet Score:

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Sanguinarius » April 26th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Does the * mean unique TAMEABLE pets to a zone" or just unique to zone ? if just unique can we have another symbol for tameable ? thanks.


+Undead Eagle (Phased in Andorhal) is now called Blighthawk

User avatar
Wamo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 112
Joined: August 8th, 2008
Pet Score: 2045

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Wamo » April 27th, 2012, 8:52 am

Sanguinarius wrote:Does the * mean unique TAMEABLE pets to a zone" or just unique to zone ? if just unique can we have another symbol for tameable ? thanks.


Unique to a zone. This was done before we knew about some pets not being tameable.

User avatar
Nursie
 
Posts: 189
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 2376

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Nursie » April 27th, 2012, 10:11 am

Wamo wrote:
Sanguinarius wrote:Does the * mean unique TAMEABLE pets to a zone" or just unique to zone ? if just unique can we have another symbol for tameable ? thanks.


Unique to a zone. This was done before we knew about some pets not being tameable.


thankfully it's just the boring pets :P the new interesting ones are all capturable.

User avatar
Imthedci
 
Posts: 189
Joined: April 7th, 2012
Pet Score: 2862

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Imthedci » April 27th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:thankfully it's just the boring pets :P the new interesting ones are all capturable.


Don't let them hear you say that or you're gonna login to your character being beatdown by a group of squirrels, rabbits, and rats... :mrgreen:

User avatar
Nursie
 
Posts: 189
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 2376

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Nursie » April 27th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Imthedci wrote:
Evilgnomey wrote:thankfully it's just the boring pets :P the new interesting ones are all capturable.


Don't let them hear you say that or you're gonna login to your character being beatdown by a group of squirrels, rabbits, and rats... :mrgreen:


eek! not rabbits with their triple attacks OPness! (IIRC) O.o

User avatar
Wamo
Top Rater
 
Posts: 112
Joined: August 8th, 2008
Pet Score: 2045

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Wamo » May 3rd, 2012, 8:52 pm

Wamo wrote:Found the Baby Ape on the Jaguero Island in STV!

Image

Couple of more pics:
Baby Ape and Friends
With the UI

It seems to be a rare pet with a spawn window. I found them around 4:50pm server, and by 5:00pm server they had despawned. It was also raining, but i'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.


Small update on the Ape, I'm about 99% sure that they spawn when it rains. Just caught a couple, and when it stopped raining, they despawned. Actually happened when I was in a battle with one, it vanished and the battle ended. :P

User avatar
Duerma
 
Posts: 29
Joined: December 7th, 2010
Pet Score: 2913

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Duerma » May 8th, 2012, 3:26 pm

A few things...

-The King Snake is the tamable for the Badlands.
-The Fledgling buzzards in Redridge are supposed to be tamable but aren't.
-I cannot find the darn widow hatchlings in Duskwood in the middle of the day. When were they found? Was it night?
-Jaguero Isle has its own weather system. Just because it is pouring in Booty Bay does not mean you will be able to go catch an ape. :(
-The tamable Infested Bear Cub in Hillsbrad is down by the Azurelode Mine & Southpoint Gate.

User avatar
Jadax
Top Rater
 
Posts: 314
Joined: April 18th, 2011
Pet Score: 3221

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Jadax » July 16th, 2012, 3:54 am

Not managed to find an infected deer yet... any info on spawn conditions/location?

User avatar
Rippk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 16th, 2012
Pet Score: 2252

Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Postby Rippk » July 16th, 2012, 11:18 am

this is a nice list, thx. hoping this will be the home of battle pets for people, as it's been for NC and hunter pets. One thing to add to the list is the rarity of the pet ... it's an important characteristic since it determines the rate at which the battle pet gains stats. ultimately, i'd assume that a lvl 25 poor quality pet will get obliterated by a lvl 25 rare quality

poor - commom - uncommon - rare - (not sign of epic or legendary yet)

Only rare pet i've seen thus far is the prairie dog

PreviousNext

Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests