Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us
Re: Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Post by Jadax » July 16th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Rippk wrote:this is a nice list, thx. hoping this will be the home of battle pets for people, as it's been for NC and hunter pets. One thing to add to the list is the rarity of the pet ... it's an important characteristic since it determines the rate at which the battle pet gains stats. ultimately, i'd assume that a lvl 25 poor quality pet will get obliterated by a lvl 25 rare quality

poor - commom - uncommon - rare - (not sign of epic or legendary yet)

Only rare pet i've seen thus far is the prairie dog
There's no point listing rarities, as any wild pet can be found at any rarity.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » July 17th, 2012, 2:16 am

It looks like the Rat Snake is exclusive to Duskwood (according to the pet journal) but is marked otherwise here!

Dearth
Pet Score:1732
BattleTag®:Megoman#1717
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Dearth » July 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm

I found 2 Lizard Hatchling in Northern Stranglethorn Vale both where Rares and both where different colors when I looked at them in my inventory. Also a Crimson Moth.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 18th, 2012, 5:09 am

Sunscorch wrote:Not managed to find an infected deer yet... any info on spawn conditions/location?
I found a few Infected Fawns in the northern half of the Eastern Plaguelands (east of Plaguewood). It was late at night, so if you don't see any there during the daytime, they might only spawn late night.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 18th, 2012, 6:00 am

Quintessence wrote:
Sunscorch wrote:Not managed to find an infected deer yet... any info on spawn conditions/location?
I found a few Infected Fawns in the northern half of the Eastern Plaguelands (east of Plaguewood). It was late at night, so if you don't see any there during the daytime, they might only spawn late night.
I was looking in Silverpine, it seems the infected squirrels and deer are listed as "unique" to both of those zones :P

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 18th, 2012, 9:38 am

In the process of updating the list. Cleaning it up and adding/removing pets so that it reflects the information found in the Pet Journal.

Also adding the level range for each zone.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Amatheiya
Top Rater
Pet Score:9494
Realm:Dethecus-us

Post by Amatheiya » July 21st, 2012, 5:28 am

are you collecting data for kalimdor yet? that's where i've been tooling around. let me share what little i know please.

also, there seems to be a trick to some of the pets

the baby ape only spawns when it rains on Jaguero Isle

the restless shadeling only spawns at midnight server time underground in the ruined village in front of Kara

i don't know the trick for the giraffe calf yet, but i know where it spawns. immediately southeast of forward command in southern barrens.

the cheetah cub is northern barrens, following mother cheetahs near trees.

Ravager hatchling, bloodmist isle, Grey moth, Azuremist IMO the only two things worth going over there for. infected squirrels and fawns are also on bloodmist

winterspring has Robo Chicks and Rabid nut varmint 5000 both often paired with other pets such as bunnies and squirrels, they did not show up on my track pets very often, but were in battles frequently. i think there may be a rabbot there that you unlock with a pet trainer, as of yet not implemented in game. don't quote me on that i could be wrong.

nether faerie dragons are in the dire maul area of feralas.

gazelle fawns (soo tiny and cute!!) are in mulgore everywhere

Creepy Crawlies are in Durotar, along with dung beetles and Spiny lizards

Spawn of onyxia, around her lair, of course! (for once something where we expect it to be.)

Qiraji Guardling appears at the scarab wall in silithus, i do not yet know if there is a trick to this guy.
Scarab hatchlings, and spiky lizards are also found in silithus

Silithid hatchlings however are found in Tanaris along with sand kittens, stinkbugs, and sea gulls

Shimmershell snails are along the beaches of darkshore, and southern darkshore has Darkshore cubs

Ashen vale has Frogs and Rusty Snails

Desolace has Stone Armadillos, horny toads, and i found a Topaz shale hatchling paired with one so don't skip pets if that's what you're looking for. or you can wait till you get to deepholm

Spotted bell frog in un'goro crater

leopard scorpids, and this will probably be fixed, can be found in the AQ area bordering uldum, at level 16. i don't think they are supposed to be there, but that's where i caught one.

twilight iguanas are found in the twilight encampments in thousand needles

Coral snakes in stonetalon

due to the recurrance of certain pets in multiple zones, i tried to list what i saw only in the zones specified.

i'm told there's a turquoise turtle in Azshara, but i haven't looked yet. something else was zone specific there, but that was information given to me and i forgot what that other one was.

i'm sorry this is not organized and awesome like your list with levels and stuff, but this is all from memory and i'm really tired. i just wanted to be helpful to all my fellow pet collectors out there as soon as i could be.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 21st, 2012, 6:28 am

The Kalimdor thread can be found [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180]here[/url].

Duerma
Pet Score:6468
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Duerma » July 21st, 2012, 6:08 pm

Dearth wrote:I found 2 Lizard Hatchling in Northern Stranglethorn Vale both where Rares and both where different colors when I looked at them in my inventory. Also a Crimson Moth.
Exactly where did you find the Crimson Moth? For a pet that's supposed to be in two zones, it's sure being elusive for me. :(

Remescao
Pet Score:2877
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Remescao » July 21st, 2012, 9:44 pm

Okay, on this thread on the official forums I found a macro that checks the pet list in the journal for pets that are listed in the current zone. [url]
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6080202087
[/url] (The two tiny addons mentioned in the thread are great, by the way. One lets you fast swap up to ten teams of pets, the other shows rarity when in battle, so you can chose whether you want to capture.)

Using the macro, I went to every zone in the eastern kingdoms and compared what I got with your list. The macro lists any pet, no matter if it was sourced from drops, quests, vendors, or pet battles. But I went through my journal and cut out all the non wild pets. I also shortened explainations and stuff, to fit better in the three columns I have in my word doc.

This info isn't guesswork, but the results of a string dump from the ingame journal. Here's my list, after I stripped the formatting: (There are a couple of question marks, as I've only seen bog beasts late at night, and only seen tiny rams during the day.)

Wild Pets in Eastern Kingdoms:
+ wild pet unique to zone.

*Arathi Highlands (Lvl 7)
Cat
Hare
Rat
Prairie Dog
Small Frog
+Tiny Twister
+Grasslands Cottontail

*Badlands (Lvl 13)
+Spiky Lizard
Rattlesnake
Stripe-tailed Scorpion
Gold Beetle
+King Snake
Black Rat
Beetle
Horned Lizard

*Blasted Lands (Lvl 16)
Fire Beetle
Spider
Adder
Scorpid
+Scorpling (Above Dark Portal)

*Burning Steppes (Lvl 15)
Lava Crab
+Lava Beetle
Fire Beetle
Cockroach
Scorpid
+Ash Viper

*Cape Stranglethorn (Lvl 8-9)
+Wharf Rat (Booty Bay)
Beetle
Crimson Moth
Forest Spiderling
Lizard Hatchling
Rat
Roach
Tree Python
Strand Crab
Parrot
Long-Tailed Mole
+Baby Ape (Raining, Isle)

*Deadwind Pass (Lvl 15)
+Restless Shadeling (Master's Cellar by Karazhan@Midnight)

*Dun Morogh (Lvl 1-2)
Adder
+Snow Cub
+Alpine Hare
Black Rat
Crystal Spider
Snowshoe Hare
Long-tailed Mole
Maggot
Rabbit
Rat
Roach
Small Frog
Snake
Spider
Squirrel
Strand Crab
Toad
+Irradiated Roach

*Duskwood (Lvl 5-6)
Black Rat
Chicken
Rabbit
Squirrel
+Rat Snake
Roach
Mouse
Skunk
+Dusk Spiderling
+Widow Hatchling (Among adult black widows)

*Eastern Plaguelands (Lvl 12)
+Festering Maggot
Bat
Infected Squirrel
Infected Fawn
Scorpid
Spider
Beetle
Black Rat
Cockroach

*Elwynn Forest (Lvl 1)
Small Frog
Cat
Sea Gull
Squirrel
Rabbit
Fawn
Chicken
Spider
+Stormwind Rat
+Black Lamb

*Eversong Woods (Lvl 1)
Cat (Sunstrider Isle)
+Ruby Sapling
Rabbit
Small frog
Snake
Toad

*Ghostlands (Lvl 3)
Small Frog
Toad
Snake
Spider
Rat
Maggot
+Spirit Crab
Larva

*Hillsbrad Foothills (Lvl 6)
Rabbit
Chicken
Rat
+Red-tailed Chipmunk
Toad
Huge Toad
Maggot
+Infested Bear Cub
Spider
Squirrel
Snowshoe Hare

*Hinterlands (Lvl 9)
Hare
Maggot
Rat
Cockroach
Spider
+Brown Marmot
+Jade Oozeling (Skulk Rock)

*Loch Modan (Lvl 3-5)
+Little Black Ram (Day? Hills)
Squirrel
Rat
Small Frog
Snake
Roach

*North Stranglethorn (Lvl 7-8)
+Polly
+Crimson Moth
Forest Spiderling
Parrot
Adder
Beetle
Tree Python
Roach
Strand Crab
Snake
Lizard Hatchling
Long-tailed Mole
Water Snake

*Redridge Mountains (Lvl 4-5)
+Mountain Cottontail
+Redridge Rat
Chicken
Rabbit
Roach
+Fledgling Buzzard (North of Lakeshire)

*Searing Gorge (Lvl 13)
+Ash Spiderling
Fire Beetle
+Lava Crab
+Molten Hatchling

*Silverpine Forest (Lvl 3-5)
Squirrel
+Blighted Squirrel
Rabbit
Snake
Toad
Infected Fawn
Infected Squirrel

*Swamp of Sorrows (Lvl 15)
Water Snake
Toad
Parrot
Rat
Small Frog
Spider
Strand Crab
+Moccasin
+Swamp Moth
Huge Toad

*Tirisfal Glade (Lvl 1-2)
Chicken
Rat
Bat
Maggot
Rabbit
Roach
Spider
+Lost of Lordaeron
+Undercity Rat

*Twilight Highlands (Lvl 23)
Black Rat
Grizzly Squirrel
Huge Toad
Rattlesnake
Scorpid
Shore Crab
Twilight Spider
Water Snake
+ Twilight Fiendling
+ Highlands Turkey
+ Highlands Mouse
+ WIldhammer Gryphon Hatchling
+ Yellow-bellied Marmot

*Western Plaguelands (Lvl 10)
Squirrel
Rabbit
Black Rat
+ Blighthawk (Phased in Andorhal)

*Westfall (Lvl 3-4)
Chicken
Snake
Prairie Dog
Mouse
Shore Crab
+Tiny Harvester (Plowed Land)

*Wetlands (Lvl 6)
Squirrel
Chicken
Highlands Skunk
Mountain Skunk
Rabbit
Black Rat
Mouse
Water Snake
Toad
+Tiny Bog Beast (Night?)
Last edited by Remescao on July 22nd, 2012, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/remescao/#col
http://petsear.ch/Pets/US/Cairne/gryndom

Amatheiya
Top Rater

Post by Amatheiya » July 21st, 2012, 10:41 pm

i've seen the jade oozling appear at 8:30pm server time. this may or may not be relavent.

Smirna
Pet Score:11898
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Smirna » July 22nd, 2012, 12:54 am

Remescao wrote:+Tiny Bog Beast (Night?)
I captured Tiny Bog Beast in the evening, 10.20 PM beta server time, at the Green belt in Wetlands. Was there during the day time before and seen none of them around, so assuming it's evening/night time indeed. (It wasn't raining or anything different in the weather.)

Amatheiya
Top Rater

Post by Amatheiya » July 22nd, 2012, 2:19 am

i'm only seeing the jade oozeling, tiny bog beasts, and the tiny twister at night.

i could not find the infested cub at night, so i'm assuming it's a day thing.

edited original content of this post as i put it on the wrong thread.

Smirna
Pet Score:11898
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Smirna » July 22nd, 2012, 8:43 am

Blighthawk in Andorhal also seems to be up during the night. There wasn't any in the morning around 6.30 AM server time.

Wickidkittin

Post by Wickidkittin » July 24th, 2012, 1:17 pm

I have found that some pets only seem to spawn as the "another pet has joined the battle". I never saw a crimson moth in STV to click on, but I was able to capture a rare one when it jumped into the fight with something common to the area that I had clicked on. Has anyone else found pets that only seem to spawn this way? I could see Blizzard doing this...sure would keep you from just flying over and grabbing what you want...would make you get down and search through the commons to get to the unusual. :D

Amariana
Pet Score:930
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Amariana » July 24th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Wickidkittin wrote:I have found that some pets only seem to spawn as the "another pet has joined the battle". I never saw a crimson moth in STV to click on, but I was able to capture a rare one when it jumped into the fight with something common to the area that I had clicked on. Has anyone else found pets that only seem to spawn this way? I could see Blizzard doing this...sure would keep you from just flying over and grabbing what you want...would make you get down and search through the commons to get to the unusual. :D
I had a Jade Tiger jump into my battle with an EPL Bat, but my Corehound Pup killed it! Nooo!!!!

Duerma
Pet Score:6468
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Duerma » July 24th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Amariana wrote:
Wickidkittin wrote:I have found that some pets only seem to spawn as the "another pet has joined the battle". I never saw a crimson moth in STV to click on, but I was able to capture a rare one when it jumped into the fight with something common to the area that I had clicked on. Has anyone else found pets that only seem to spawn this way? I could see Blizzard doing this...sure would keep you from just flying over and grabbing what you want...would make you get down and search through the commons to get to the unusual. :D
I had a Jade Tiger jump into my battle with an EPL Bat, but my Corehound Pup killed it! Nooo!!!!
I've used the "fight everything to find the unusual" strategy quite a bit today! That is how I finally got my crimson moth.

The Jade tigers are completely uncapturable - the trap says "This pet cannot be captured". They show up a lot in Outland, and I was sad to discover this. :(

Amariana
Pet Score:930
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Amariana » July 24th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Duerma wrote: I've used the "fight everything to find the unusual" strategy quite a bit today! That is how I finally got my crimson moth.

The Jade tigers are completely uncapturable - the trap says "This pet cannot be captured". They show up a lot in Outland, and I was sad to discover this. :(
Now I don't feel so bad that he killed it. I had that happen with the Anaconda Chicken. I should have known that the same thing would have happened with the tiger. Such a disappointment. :(

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 25th, 2012, 1:20 am

Duerma wrote:The Jade tigers are completely uncapturable - the trap says "This pet cannot be captured". They show up a lot in Outland, and I was sad to discover this. :(
I've seen these "pets" pop up as secondary combatants more than a few times too. Such a shame that I can't keep them even if I beat them in combat.

But I think it's a known bug, and the uncapturable pets are going to be removed in a future beta patch.