Wild Pets by Zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Wild pets by zone

Post by Quintessence » March 26th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Quarla wrote:Aww, are the lil thorny lizards that run around Uldum not? I was hoping that I'd finally get myself a real lizard pet.
Yes! The little warp stalker critter is flagged as a Wild Battle Pet, but they're currently only available in Badlands.

Keep in mind that while these critters are tagged for battle, we might not be able to collect them. They may only be fodder to help level our companions. We'll have to wait and see once Pet Battles is fully implemented on the beta to learn more.

Either way, I'm hoping to collect a warp stalker baby too! XD
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » March 26th, 2012, 11:43 pm

I still can't find the Restless Shadeling, but I did find the Fledgling Vulture and heading to Andorhal to find the Undead Eagle.

Update: Undead Eagle shows up as tracked, but it is phased out when you fly into Andorhal. Correction, just had to do one quest to open up the phase.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Alleryn
Top Rater

Post by Alleryn » March 27th, 2012, 1:01 am

Oh! I forgot one.

Widow Hatchling -- Duskwood -- on the west side of the Twilight Grove, in with all the adult black widows

Raax
Pet Score:10990
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Raax » March 27th, 2012, 1:11 am

Turning on Pet Tracking in Orgrimmar just seemed to highlight loads on NPCs, I doubt we'd be able to catch them ;)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » March 27th, 2012, 3:58 am

About 1:50 AM (server time), searching for the Restless Shadelings. Found them on the minimap but they're underground and I can't find a way to reach them

EDIT: nevermind! Found them! As you face the Kara portal entrance, head into the ruined town. Find the cellar entrances (The Master's Cellar for example) and head down the stairs. There should be a bunch of hostile Damned Souls, Unliving Caretakers, and Restless Shades. If you go further into the cellar, you'll find a few Restless Shadeling critters in the main room. Just go straight, and you can't miss them.

Turn on enemy name plates and it makes it loads easier to find!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nulgar
Pet Score:2468
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-eu

Post by Nulgar » March 27th, 2012, 4:53 am

Question from someone who isn't in the beta yet - As far as I'm aware, pet battles aren't implemented yet, how do you determine which critters are wild pets? Does their tooltip state this?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » March 27th, 2012, 5:35 am

Nulgar wrote:Question from someone who isn't in the beta yet - As far as I'm aware, pet battles aren't implemented yet, how do you determine which critters are wild pets? Does their tooltip state this?
There's a new Wild Battle Pet tracking feature in your minimap on the beta. Critters that are tagged as "Wild Battle Pets" show up as orange bunnies on the minimap, and when you mouse over the actual critter a new crosshair cursor icon appears rather than the standard attack sword icon.

Nulgar
Pet Score:2468
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-eu

Post by Nulgar » March 27th, 2012, 5:50 am

Aha!
Quintessence wrote:and when you mouse over the actual critter a new crosshair cursor icon appears rather than the standard attack sword icon.
So does that mean they're unkillable, preventing the hunter tame problem?

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » March 27th, 2012, 6:43 am

Nulgar wrote:Aha!
Quintessence wrote:and when you mouse over the actual critter a new crosshair cursor icon appears rather than the standard attack sword icon.
So does that mean they're unkillable, preventing the hunter tame problem?
They are killable - source:

right near the start of video you can see him kill a couple, hopefully they won't be when this goes live.

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » March 27th, 2012, 7:42 am

Originally, all pets had an action bar when summoned, but it also caused Warlocks and Hunters to be able to summon infinite pets, so I'm assuming that's why they removed it. You couldn't attack or anything, but it was fun to move pets around the screen without having to play catch with them.

Doobjanka
MVP

Post by Doobjanka » March 27th, 2012, 7:52 am

Vegi wrote:Give me a giraffe and I will be happy :P
I'm holding out hope for giraffe's in The Barrens!

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Re: Wild pets by zone (Eastern Kingdoms)

Post by Ruzgofdi » March 27th, 2012, 11:01 am

Mortis_darkskull wrote:I just want demon pets T____T

it would be a dream coming true if I had a succubus pet, a shivarra pet and an eredar (female) pet, put them together as a team and roflstomp through everybody with a team of naughty girls X3

I also wonder what they will have as undead pets... I'm hoping for an undead pony in icecrown named "invisible" lol
Well, there may be some hope. There was that skull with horns icon in the pet abilities thread.
Evilgnomey wrote:Pet battle icons:

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » March 27th, 2012, 11:09 am

Quintessence wrote:There's a new Wild Battle Pet tracking feature in your minimap on the beta. Critters that are tagged as "Wild Battle Pets" show up as orange bunnies on the minimap, and when you mouse over the actual critter a new crosshair cursor icon appears rather than the standard attack sword icon.
Any actual orange bunny companions?! XD
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » March 27th, 2012, 11:15 am

here's the restless shadeling pet:

thanks to EG @ http://www.twitch.tv/egtactics for showing us some wild pets.

AtupoMaruru
Pet Score:6328
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by AtupoMaruru » March 27th, 2012, 11:19 am

Vomitas wrote:So.. nothing really new? Wee.
Make a hyena pet/mount >:[
Considering Blizzard's stance on hyenas, I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » March 27th, 2012, 1:00 pm

hmm... weird... I tried to change my username than all my posts disapeared..

repeating what I've said before than: I'm hoping there are demon pets... if someone find one (or many) please post them so as I can ease my mind lol

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » March 27th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Lysi wrote:
Quintessence wrote:There's a new Wild Battle Pet tracking feature in your minimap on the beta. Critters that are tagged as "Wild Battle Pets" show up as orange bunnies on the minimap, and when you mouse over the actual critter a new crosshair cursor icon appears rather than the standard attack sword icon.
Any actual orange bunny companions?! XD
Unfortunately, no. :( I'm still waiting on a pink bunny pet that was datamined just before they released Noblegarden!

Tayanu
Top Rater
Pet Score:5505
Realm:Darkmoon Faire-eu

Post by Tayanu » March 27th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Thank you for the list! I've only been near Elwynn/redridge areas myself atm, due to connection issues to the beta.

However I'm really hoping we get some plains pets, such as a Giraffe or Zhevra, that would just make my Azerothian Life complete!