My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Good Spots to Farm Battle-Stones?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zenshu

Pet Score: 876

Re: Good Spots to Farm Battle-Stones?

Postby Zenshu » February 15th, 2014, 4:45 am

The drop rate on these stones is a little silly, I have power leveled 14 pets from 1-25 using only aquatic type enemies in the vale of eternal blossoms and have gotten one aquatic stone, I have spent at least 4 hours a day ( more on weekends when I am not working) farming cogblade raptors for the last 4 weeks and haven't seen a single mechanical stone from that. But the undead stones seem to drop like candy from the shadelings, I have been there three times, once to farm a rare shadeling for my collection, once just to try to farm a stone to use on my unborn Valk'yr, and once to show a couple of friends where to get the shadelings at. All three times I got an undead battle stone in less than 10 minutes after they started spawning. Still haven't gotten a mechanical stone from the trainers or from farming those stupid cogblade raptors. The whole reason I found this thread was googling in hopes of finding a better pet to farm since the cogblades seem to be few and far between when you are trying to kill 10,000 of them to get a battle stone to drop...guess it's back to blades edge mountains for me.

Shikon01
MVP

Pet Score: 2295

Postby Shikon01 » February 15th, 2014, 7:29 am

Gromagrim wrote:
Zaelo wrote:Can winning a pvp pet battle grant you a battle stone?

I dont think so, but I'd like the answer to be yes...
patch notes confirm this is coming in 5.2. I expect it will only be 'matched' pvp rather than duels.

I have gotten at least 2 flawless stones (good for any pet family) after winning a pet battle doing my 10 weekly battles and also got straight up flawless stones ( good for any pet family ) farming in deepholm . Not sure of numbers and drop rate tho. I'm beginning to think it might be easier to farm the shadlings and/or eyes since the drop rate is so much better and trade in 3 stones for one...I know that sucks. The only mechancials I had dropped have been from bags. I never see too many farming oily slimelings onmy realm. The respawn isn't too bad and there's lots to kill. Like everyone else I'm always needing stones :)

Kendrah
MVP

Pet Score: 3804

Postby Kendrah » February 15th, 2014, 2:14 pm

I've gotten a ton of Aqua stones where No-No is and a handful of Critter stones from Nitun. I've gotten, er, maybe two flawless stones from these two sights (one at each, I think.)

Previous

Return to Pet Battles