So… What would be THE adventure?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
So… What would be THE adventure?

Post by Paladance » January 28th, 2017, 1:24 am

The hype bubble has popped. Ho-hum.
Perhaps many have expected something more.
But what is that "more", to each of us? :) In terms of content, gameplay (mechanics) and rewards.

It can be either "the challenge of the challenges" or something less obligating, but still entertaining.

Comparisons to previous stuff are okay, but with some punctuation on what you liked and what not in it.

(I've been writing two adventures for a more than year and they are still very WiP.
They have quite crazy content and rewards, but sometimes I have no idea for mechanics, and that stops me. That and uncertainty if I'm supposed to put so much focus to that form of creativity. :P
Still, I don't want to spoil them eventually, so this is why I'm more asking than telling ATM.

Light, I promise they're better than this post.)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Re: So… What would be THE adventure?

Post by Drudatz » January 28th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Paladance wrote:The hype bubble has popped. Ho-hum.
WHAT? Its never GOOD to start a thread WITHOUT writting what it is about.
and no matter how often I read your post I have no idea what you mean
and what you complain about?

what is the "hype bubble"???

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » January 29th, 2017, 12:12 am

i assume your referring to the battlepet dungeon? its a grind all pet collectors will do as theres pets to get, I hope its challenging, but for me at least its about getting the pets, i hope they will be cool if not, oh well i have hundreds of pets that aren't.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » January 29th, 2017, 1:59 am

The PTR news about the pet dungeon are just an opportunity to ask this question that is pretty relevant all the time.

What makes a pet "cool"? 8-) Okay I do understand that they perhaps have a unique appearance, and for the battlers -- abilities and a set of stats that fits them, but everyone can have a different opinion on the details. :)

To me, either of that (appearance or set) is enough.
For example, I can imagine a raccoon that has some nice aquatic abilities -- basing on a remark or saying that the real raccoons in the captivity seem to douse their food. ;) Basically an opposite of Trashy.
An albino whelp to match the mount. Abilities are a mix of the common dragonflight sets. You find a misplaced egg, then you battle some stuff that "drop" resources you use to ensure it hatches properly with an appropriate power. Have you overdone it a bit or some RNG of genetics are in play? You will never know. For a quite a lame example.
A Suramar construct. I don't know HOW, especially if expansion is going to be over, but non-titanic arcane + tech is a nice thing. And the looks.

Okay, maybe not the coolest of the bunch, but it's just off the top. And still tells not so much.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » January 29th, 2017, 3:32 am

as you said cool is such a personal thing, imo egbert is still the coolest pet of them all :)

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 18th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Jazeel wrote:as you said cool is such a personal thing, imo egbert is still the coolest pet of them all :)
I protest!

You can have a guy cook your food on his head!

You can have a pet, or two, get tired of you and lay down!

Or you can have a pet burp a bit too much, as if they were drunk!

Or you can have one of those ... use golf balls on your head!

Or you can have that bad "thing" ... doing strange noises that got the kid next door watching me laughing hard!

All in all, the Pet thing is more fun than the game, and the variety is incredible compared to the general game, which is more of the same and more of the same again. At least, the pets look a bit different in color, and a pet or two look really cool, and nowadays, I just love bringing my personal favorite ... the Unborn Val'kyr ... everywhere I go.

It's still an adventure for me, although I am starting to have issues as to where my next pet is coming from, and have been hard after many of them the world over, to try and catch some of the more difficult ones.

And I'm trying to get that song the Murloc has ... for my cell phone! It's a great "hats off" to Michigan J. Frogg, one of my all time favorite characters after the 24 1/2 Century Duck Dodgers, of course!