My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Stardust

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Wootzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 18th, 2016
Pet Score: 4733
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Stardust

Postby Wootzy » November 9th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Hey Disco, in case you see see this, I'm your fan (long time lurker). Looking forward to see your video what team you come up with! :D

Stardust

Anyone battling the magic bunny in pvp?

Cheers :)
There's a bad moon on the rise over Gilneas

User avatar
Wootzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 18th, 2016
Pet Score: 4733
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Wootzy » November 14th, 2016, 7:36 am

This team is for pure pleasure; one shots teroclaw, if you're flying high! :lol:

Stardust - Arcane Slash, Celestial Blessing, Starfall
Trunks - When Elekks Fly, Moonfire, Avalanche
Xu-Fu - Spirit Claws, Feed, Prowl

(12 battles - 10 wins, 2 lost)
There's a bad moon on the rise over Gilneas

User avatar
Erdinger
 
Posts: 43
Joined: January 2nd, 2015
Pet Score: 4665
BattleTag®: Goldhaar#2899
Realm: Emerald Dream-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Erdinger » November 14th, 2016, 11:35 am

Am using Stardust too, teamed up with another 2 of the newer pets.
It's fun to use them while they're still fairly uncommon :)

Wicked Soul - Shadow Shock, Haunting Song, Haunt
Stardust - Arcane Slash, Celestial Blessing, Phase Punch
Alliance Enthusiast - Ban Hammer, Overpowered, Buuurp!

Base strategy is to Haunt, bring in Stardust to forceswap and set up the shield for the Enthusiast to launch an OP Buuurp! and heal up when Wicked Soul is back.

Must have done around 50 battles with this team and have enjoyed an excellent win rate - I did come up against a lot of experimental/random teams, though.
I couldn't get a single win over 2xFossilized Hatchling+MPD over 4-5 matches, but other than that I just lost 3-4 times.

Dunno how strong it really is, but it clearly has potential and it's been a fun couple of days trying some new pets out, while closing further in on 5k pvp wins (4126 !) :D

User avatar
Ravyn
Top Rater
 
Posts: 24
Joined: November 1st, 2008
Pet Score: 4542
Realm: Arathor-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Ravyn » November 14th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Erdinger wrote:Am using Stardust too, teamed up with another 2 of the newer pets.
It's fun to use them while they're still fairly uncommon :)

Wicked Soul - Shadow Shock, Haunting Song, Haunt
Stardust - Arcane Slash, Celestial Blessing, Phase Punch
Alliance Enthusiast - Ban Hammer, Overpowered, Buuurp!


That's funny. I was going to post earlier that I came up against this team earlier today (are you pets named Bowie, Lou and Lance?). I thought it was a great team - partially because I loved the names - and it was refreshing to see some legion pets. I was using a pretty boring bleed team because I tend not to be so experimental when I am working on getting my weekly done.

User avatar
Erdinger
 
Posts: 43
Joined: January 2nd, 2015
Pet Score: 4665
BattleTag®: Goldhaar#2899
Realm: Emerald Dream-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Erdinger » November 14th, 2016, 2:12 pm

Indeed :D Nice to see a player behind one of the teams you run into for once :D I remember that, and thought it was fun to play you :) They're not very common in our queue, I believe, so it was a nice challenge and a match that took quite a few rounds :) Very enjoyable, except, of course, when your Wolvar's trap went off :p

GL on your weekly (probably done by now :) ) and hope to run into you again :)

User avatar
Wootzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 18th, 2016
Pet Score: 4733
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Wootzy » November 15th, 2016, 5:41 am

Thanks for sharing your team! :)
Going to give it a try if you don't mind.
See you guys in the queue. (spelling?)
There's a bad moon on the rise over Gilneas

User avatar
Ravyn
Top Rater
 
Posts: 24
Joined: November 1st, 2008
Pet Score: 4542
Realm: Arathor-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Ravyn » November 15th, 2016, 6:42 am

Erdinger wrote:Indeed :D Nice to see a player behind one of the teams you run into for once :D I remember that, and thought it was fun to play you :) They're not very common in our queue, I believe, so it was a nice challenge and a match that took quite a few rounds :) Very enjoyable, except, of course, when your Wolvar's trap went off :p

GL on your weekly (probably done by now :) ) and hope to run into you again :)


Haha, yeah, those traps... :oops:

I've been trying out a Haunt Stall build with:
Stardust (Arcane Blast, Celestial Blessing, Phase Punch)
Wicked Soul (Shadow Shock, haunting Song, Haunt)
Knight-Captain Murky (For the Alliance!, Queue Dodge, Heroic Leap).

This team is a bit squishier than a Scalded Basilisk/Ghastly Kid/Teroclaw Hatchling but it's also more fun in my opinion. Basically start with Wicked Soul and Haunt, and then bring in Stardust and Phase Punch, then use Celestial Blessing. Switch in Knight-Captain Murky, and use For the Alliance! then Heroic Leap, and then afterwards you might want to dodge, or you might want to save the dodge if your opponent has a big hitter coming off cool down. Typically I dodge, then use For the Alliance! and then everything is on cool down so I switch the Wicked Soul back in, use Haunting Song and then repeat from the beginning.

User avatar
Gráinne
 
Posts: 350
Joined: July 7th, 2015
Pet Score: 4820
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Gráinne » November 15th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Since the Soul/Stardust pair neatly slots in for the familiar Kid and Imp, my first team with it was with the Magma Rageling, with the trap and the wave to detonate it. It's not terribly interesting, though.

Pity about Clone; it could have introduced a new element. I'm looking for a serious glass cannon (pref with cleave) to sit there in the Celestial Blessing and make some serious inroads during the stall phase.

User avatar
Wootzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 18th, 2016
Pet Score: 4733
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Wootzy » November 15th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Gráinne wrote:Pity about Clone; it could have introduced a new element. I'm looking for a serious glass cannon (pref with cleave) to sit there in the Celestial Blessing and make some serious inroads during the stall phase.


Trunks :P
There's a bad moon on the rise over Gilneas

User avatar
Wootzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 18th, 2016
Pet Score: 4733
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Wootzy » November 15th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Noticed something nice today..
If Stardust leaves a Celestial Blessing for Wicked Soul, and you Haut, then the blessed buff is saved (unused)
when he comes back in. Good to know. 8-)
There's a bad moon on the rise over Gilneas

User avatar
Gráinne
 
Posts: 350
Joined: July 7th, 2015
Pet Score: 4820
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Gráinne » November 15th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Wootzy wrote:Trunks :P

Trunks.

Trunks, he says. :)

I won my first attempt with Moonlight and When Elekks Fly, despite missing all FOUR times. I'm really not into 50% moves. :P

User avatar
Ravyn
Top Rater
 
Posts: 24
Joined: November 1st, 2008
Pet Score: 4542
Realm: Arathor-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Ravyn » November 16th, 2016, 5:46 am

I also won with Trunks but I agree that the 50% hit chance is just too low for my taste. I wanted to try out my Cheetah Cub since with Rake and the Celestial Blessing, it has a bit higher chance to survive and it's SUPER cute. Then I ran into Erdinger again and couldn't stop laughing. Kind of a hilarious fight. But Erdinger, I really think you played better than I did. It was just kind of a long fight with all of our switching about. After that I ran into a triple Death adder team and decided it was break time :lol:

User avatar
Wootzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 18th, 2016
Pet Score: 4733
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Wootzy » November 16th, 2016, 6:48 am

Ravyn wrote: After that I ran into a triple Death adder team and decided it was break time :lol:


LOL

Actually it was only one Death Adder...and two of my Rose Taipans :mrgreen:
There's a bad moon on the rise over Gilneas

User avatar
Erdinger
 
Posts: 43
Joined: January 2nd, 2015
Pet Score: 4665
BattleTag®: Goldhaar#2899
Realm: Emerald Dream-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Erdinger » November 16th, 2016, 6:49 am

Ah, so it WAS you! Happy to hear you had a good time, I did too :) <3 I love these matches that drag on and on even if it's easy to lose track and get confused in all this swapping left and right, especially after just 1 coffee :D

I think the descisive factor, any misplays aside, was that my bunny was slower than your wicked soul :?:

But real GG! And you missed out on a /hug as i fled since we can't emote in pet battles :p

Hope for a rematch some time soon, and if you run into Spike, Rufus, and Spine that'll be me too :D

User avatar
Ravyn
Top Rater
 
Posts: 24
Joined: November 1st, 2008
Pet Score: 4542
Realm: Arathor-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Ravyn » November 16th, 2016, 8:37 am

Wootzy wrote:LOL

Actually it was only one Death Adder...and two of my Rose Taipans :mrgreen:


Haha :lol: Yeah, I was not up for that :D Intimidating team to be sure!

Erdinger wrote:Ah, so it WAS you! Happy to hear you had a good time, I did too :) <3 I love these matches that drag on and on even if it's easy to lose track and get confused in all this swapping left and right, especially after just 1 coffee :D

I think the descisive factor, any misplays aside, was that my bunny was slower than your wicked soul :?:

But real GG! And you missed out on a /hug as i fled since we can't emote in pet battles :p

Hope for a rematch some time soon, and if you run into Spike, Rufus, and Spine that'll be me too :D


Yes! I actually really love the battles where I learn something, or especially when I think "wow, that was a really nice move my opponent just made." I look forward to battling you again :D And Wootzy, too! But maybe without the snakes... ;)

User avatar
Wootzy
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 18th, 2016
Pet Score: 4733
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Re: Stardust

Postby Wootzy » November 16th, 2016, 10:34 am

Ravyn wrote: I look forward to battling you again :D And Wootzy, too! But maybe without the snakes... ;)


Thanks for the great battles, so much fun!

Next time watch out for rats and rabbits :P
There's a bad moon on the rise over Gilneas


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests