The new clone abilities

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: The new clone abilities

Post by Quintessence » November 3rd, 2016, 7:13 pm

Vakeetah wrote:Tbh I hope it's not the end for the clones, as it was an interesting new mechanic... but the testing seems to have been poor or non-existant.
Agreed. The problem is that testing wasn't possible for the two murky pets, as they remained unavailable up until they were released on live this week. I don't know if internal testing was done, but it's clear that they missed a few issues if so.

For now we just need to remain optimistic that the "Clone"-abilities will return at some point after thorough testing and re-balancing.

I'm pretty curious what new abilities will (temporarily, I hope) replace the "Clone" ones. Also when the change will occur - my pets still have the same movesets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » November 3rd, 2016, 7:26 pm

Painbow wrote:So wait, they can take our $40 and then just remove and change abilities? Why are they so arrogant? We spent money on this. It currently isn't changed, but if they change I'm getting a refund. I only bought the Blizzcon ticket for the pets.
So, you bought your Blizzcon ticket because of the pets, or because they were grossly overpowered pets? (which wasn't even known until yesterday)
Because the pets still stand, they look amazing and are definitely special. We got what we paid for, a couple of cute Murky soldiers. I don't think being broken was part of the deal! :lol:
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 3rd, 2016, 8:46 pm

Painbow wrote: So wait, they can take our $40 and then just remove and change abilities? Why are they so arrogant? We spent money on this. It currently isn't changed, but if they change I'm getting a refund. I only bought the Blizzcon ticket for the pets.
Yes, everything in the game is subject to change.

Surely you didn't buy the ticket just for two pets that we only knew were obviously too strong for less than 48 hours though. If so, and you didn't think they'd get changed... well, that was your mistake.

Supremechaos
Pet Score:2364
BattleTag®:ur2ez#1175
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Supremechaos » November 3rd, 2016, 10:03 pm

yea its kind of scummy to use this guy at the moment but it showed me the potential of boneshard, i was running legionare murky, boneshard, and weebombination and the massive damage that 3 boneswarms does in a row is devastating, and for a b/b his statline is fairly good, outspeeding almost every non s/s type, while staying bulky enough to get all 3 boneswarms off. then weebombination because i dont have graves

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 4th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Disco has a vid up showing how broken Knight-Captain Murky is, but it doesn't do it justice.
http://pvppetbattles.com/daily-battle/november-2-2016/

I took Murky out for a spin and actually broke out laughing when I saw him in action. Downright crazy. No idea how that ever got released.

However, as others have said, the clone idea is not bad, and could be a useful addition to movesets if properly balanced.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » November 4th, 2016, 1:26 pm

Well, the Murky clone isn't nerved yet, not in EU.

I stopped at 20 win streak (sorry guys :oops: ) without losing a single pet, against strong competition.

BLIZZ SHOULD FIX THIS ASAP!! (just raising my voice like others have)

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Stormseeker » November 7th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Looks like this has been "fixed." As in the clone abilities no longer even exist. At least when i logged in tonight (Mon, Nov. 7) they didn't. Didn't expect this brokenness to last long and it didn't.

On a side note. I seem to remember another blizzcon murky being OP when it came out. Is it just cause they try new things or maybe a bonus to blizzcon attenders/watchers? Who knows? lol

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 8th, 2016, 2:57 am

Stormseeker wrote:On a side note. I seem to remember another blizzcon murky being OP when it came out. Is it just cause they try new things or maybe a bonus to blizzcon attenders/watchers? Who knows? lol
Wasn't that [pet]Murkalot[/pet]?

The current abilities of affected pets:

[pet]Blood Boil[/pet] :arrow: [ability]Expunge[/ability]
[pet]Bloodgazer Hatchling[/pet] :arrow: [ability]Reckless Strike[/ability]
[pet]Knight Captain Murky[/pet] :arrow: [ability]Heroic Leap[/ability]
[pet]Legionnaire Murky[/pet] :arrow: [ability]Shieldstorm[/ability]

So basically, they lose a lot of their disposition, especially the "bloody" (pardon) ones.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507