My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Help on a lightning team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shiko
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 17th, 2016
Pet Score: 0
Realm: Lothar-US

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Shiko » October 18th, 2016, 4:45 pm

looking for help on a lightning team. Wild pets only. Doing a guild thing.

So trouble deciding bewteen Vale Flitter & Tiny Twister for call lightning pet. One has more surviability in HH aspect, while other has cocoon. Both have multi hit skill 1 attacks so works out. 2nd pet is a flock pet, looking at Coastal Sandsnipper. Last pet..hardest I think. Do I go ooze that can damage taken debuff+dot, or something like Arcane eye for AOE..or a strong hitter like Kui Lei Runt or Blight hawk for undead trait.

Im not sure of the cons of the team, or best approach to getting the most rounded consistent team. Would love a pet with quake, but no wild pets have it.

User avatar
Gráinne
 
Posts: 350
Joined: July 7th, 2015
Pet Score: 4820
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Gráinne » October 18th, 2016, 5:45 pm

What do you want to pair Lightning with? My first thought was Cyclone, but something was nagging at me.

Then I remembered where I'd seen it recently. You might get some inspiration for applications of Lightning from Discodoggy's Bush Biscuits team in these two videos:

http://pvppetbattles.com/daily-battle/august-2-2016/

Shiko
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 17th, 2016
Pet Score: 0
Realm: Lothar-US

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Shiko » October 18th, 2016, 6:40 pm

thats the thing, I dont know if aoe is best, or for pure single target multihit/dots strat.

I dont want to take Tiny Twister and flitter/moth, which means I can't call Lightning & Cyclone.

But lots of options like Fel infernal for immolate and dot, ooze for 25% more damage+dot, or a aoe spammer like arcane eye that with speed is likely to get 3 turns aoe because of passive. Or to go more tank/powerful with Kun Lie Runt or Blighthawk.

Thanks ill check out the video.

User avatar
Uduwudu
 
Posts: 178
Joined: June 30th, 2016
Pet Score: 3499
Realm: Draka-US

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Uduwudu » October 19th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Shiko wrote:thats the thing, I dont know if aoe is best, or for pure single target multihit/dots strat.
...


Trial and error is best I imagine, and each fight is different, but the minute one person says use this, someone else found a different way to do it, and it also works.

It's more about your knowledge of the pets and your "enemy" that helps you win a larger percentage of fights ... I kinda doubt that anyone using a standardized set of pets is a winner, since it would mean that most of us can easily come up with a strategy to negate a lot of that ideology and make the fight more difficult at which point I guarantee you that your "enemy" will hit a wrong key, or make a mistake that hands you the fight.

If we're talking how to take down this one and that one and that one .. then I recommend start a mickey mouse spreadsheet so you have yourself a small list that allows you to find what you need and then put them together. SO FAR, I have not worked on "teams" because I have not needed them, and I work different pets all the time, and still get a result. My favorites still are Tarr without a bomb, and Veeshar without a bomb!

As an example, I do the Tarr fight without the bombs. They are not needed, but you got to find a way for the AoE to get done twice, and hopefully 3 times, so that your way about the fight is much easier with a good one quarter to one third of the hit points on the gladiators already gone. That is a massive "advantage", all around, and you just have to work around the 'blocks" and the fight is over.

User avatar
Gráinne
 
Posts: 350
Joined: July 7th, 2015
Pet Score: 4820
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Gráinne » October 19th, 2016, 9:41 pm

What's best depends on the team you're facing, and in PvP you don't get to know that before it happens.

Given the frequency of Teroclaws and Imps at the moment, I'd put my money on Cyclone AoE rather than single-target multi-hits. I'll be wrong 30% of the time, but probably right the other 70%. :)

Shiko
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 17th, 2016
Pet Score: 0
Realm: Lothar-US

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Shiko » October 20th, 2016, 11:40 am

Uduwudu wrote:
Shiko wrote:thats the thing, I dont know if aoe is best, or for pure single target multihit/dots strat.
...


Trial and error is best I imagine, and each fight is different, but the minute one person says use this, someone else found a different way to do it, and it also works.

It's more about your knowledge of the pets and your "enemy" that helps you win a larger percentage of fights ... I kinda doubt that anyone using a standardized set of pets is a winner, since it would mean that most of us can easily come up with a strategy to negate a lot of that ideology and make the fight more difficult at which point I guarantee you that your "enemy" will hit a wrong key, or make a mistake that hands you the fight.

If we're talking how to take down this one and that one and that one .. then I recommend start a mickey mouse spreadsheet so you have yourself a small list that allows you to find what you need and then put them together. SO FAR, I have not worked on "teams" because I have not needed them, and I work different pets all the time, and still get a result. My favorites still are Tarr without a bomb, and Veeshar without a bomb!

As an example, I do the Tarr fight without the bombs. They are not needed, but you got to find a way for the AoE to get done twice, and hopefully 3 times, so that your way about the fight is much easier with a good one quarter to one third of the hit points on the gladiators already gone. That is a massive "advantage", all around, and you just have to work around the 'blocks" and the fight is over.


Yeah, I was hoping someone had maybe already tried and did testing before I went out and did it all and knew which was overall better. These are just for PvP though, no PVE

Gráinne wrote:What's best depends on the team you're facing, and in PvP you don't get to know that before it happens.

Given the frequency of Teroclaws and Imps at the moment, I'd put my money on Cyclone AoE rather than single-target multi-hits. I'll be wrong 30% of the time, but probably right the other 70%. :)


Yeah, this is only for wild pets, so dont have to deal with terroclaw hatching :)

Thats fine, im not looking for one to win 100%, just one that was overall better

User avatar
Uduwudu
 
Posts: 178
Joined: June 30th, 2016
Pet Score: 3499
Realm: Draka-US

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Uduwudu » October 20th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Hi,

Go to Val'sharah (can't even spell it!) ... and start at the bottom and fight all those Gleamhoofs ... and I'm about to start using them for leveling my pets ... if you use the Teroclaw they do OK, but if you use Anubiseth (for example) the Fawn's make it heck for you. And ... just when you hit the wrong keys they do 2 heals ... and SOAG ... they are back up to 850 hit points again after you worked so hard to get them down. I'm also gonna try the Darkshore bear and others that like to lay down.

User avatar
Gráinne
 
Posts: 350
Joined: July 7th, 2015
Pet Score: 4820
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Gráinne » October 20th, 2016, 1:28 pm

My favourite wild battle PvP team is P/P Emperor Crab, S/S Alpine Foxling and (some) Moth - I keep changing my mind which.

However, for one that is easier to play, outside the queue, I'd suggest

H/P or H/H Blighthawk with Consume Corpse and Cyclone
H/P Axeclaw or Bloodbeak with Peck, Rain Dance, Nocturnal Strike
P/P EPW

Cyclone. Switch to Axeclaw, Rain Dance, Nocturnal Strike, probably Pech while Rain Dance is up

After that, ideally bring in your EPW to tank while your two strikers get their CDs back.

The problem with Lightning is that it can work against you as much as in your favour, if your opponent has more AoE than you do. Cyclone, like Lightning, can be nullified, but it can't be used against you.

Shiko
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 17th, 2016
Pet Score: 0
Realm: Lothar-US

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Shiko » October 20th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

Go to Val'sharah (can't even spell it!) ... and start at the bottom and fight all those Gleamhoofs ... and I'm about to start using them for leveling my pets ... if you use the Teroclaw they do OK, but if you use Anubiseth (for example) the Fawn's make it heck for you. And ... just when you hit the wrong keys they do 2 heals ... and SOAG ... they are back up to 850 hit points again after you worked so hard to get them down. I'm also gonna try the Darkshore bear and others that like to lay down.


think misunderstanding.

Its PvP with guild, but we are only allowing Wild Pets :) So no special pets, boss/world drops, archeology or vendor bought pets. Only what you can catch in the wild. Any breed or rarity.

Shiko
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 17th, 2016
Pet Score: 0
Realm: Lothar-US

Re: Help on a lightning team

Postby Shiko » October 21st, 2016, 6:50 am

well took Tiny Twister, Vale flitter & few other 3rds as tests, arcane eye, cog raptor, oozes snail. But..apparently it just couldn't work. Didn't realize only lasted 5 turns..which makes it hard to set up with. Fought about 20 matches and was basically soloed by every pet I came across.

Think ill try an arcane winds team instead :(

this was really depressing.


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biscuit and 5 guests