Searching for new op Legion battle pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Adrenalin
Realm:Blackmoore-eu
Searching for new op Legion battle pets

Post by Adrenalin » September 11th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Hey, was already any op Legion battle pet discovered, pve and pvp respectively? All the ones im encountering seem very generic and weak.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Searching for new op Legion battle pets

Post by Paladance » September 12th, 2016, 1:39 am

Did someone say [pet]Broot[/pet]?

On the other hand, [pet]Nightmare Whelpling[/pet], [pet]Nightmare Lasher[/pet] and [pet]Nightmare Treant[/pet] can dismantle non-elemental healers completely, but that won't go with poor speed or careful players. Still, they'd be a tool of a more… psychological war. They're Nightmare after all! :lol:

Some pets could be OK but uncertainty or inferiority of breeds make them merely a "what if" (Yes [pet]Dream Whelpling[/pet], I look at you).

[pet]Rose Taipan[/pet] still can be S/S tho.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 12th, 2016, 6:48 am

There don't seem to be any OP pets, and that's the best pet news I've heard in Legion so far!

While people may grumble that there is "nothing interesting", I will happily do without another "interesting" Graves, or even Teroclaw, thank you.

Hurray to the devs who restrained themselves from creating a new imbalance!

Adrenalin

Post by Adrenalin » September 13th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Gráinne wrote:There don't seem to be any OP pets, and that's the best pet news I've heard in Legion so far!

While people may grumble that there is "nothing interesting", I will happily do without another "interesting" Graves, or even Teroclaw, thank you.

Hurray to the devs who restrained themselves from creating a new imbalance!
Howso tho? It's not like they fixed the established imbalance except for Howl Bomb and Graves. A shift would have been nice atleast.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 15th, 2016, 8:10 am

Where do you see an established imbalance?

Photosynthesis in Sunlight could do with a tone-down, at least on the back line.

There are better and worser pets. You're not going to go very far with a [pet]Marsh Fiddler[/pet], [pet]Twilight Fiendling[/pet], [pet]White Kitten[/pet] team. But it has always been thus.

[pet]Teroclaw Hatchling[/pet] is overtuned. It just soloed the three epics of Grixis Tinypop for me this morning.

After that, it's not clear to me what intervention would make things more balanced without the risk of creating more problems. Undead and Mechs still have racials that are a touch too good? Maybe a little buff for magic pets? Critter racial? All very debatable.

Adrenalin

Post by Adrenalin » September 16th, 2016, 1:17 am

At the very least they could have released the first good critter pet as a counter to all the undead cancer.