My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Sir Galveston - all Elementals

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Grantus

Pet Score: 3234
Realm: Shadowsong-EU

Sir Galveston - all Elementals

Postby Grantus » September 8th, 2016, 3:21 am

So, on my way to Family Familiar, I got stuck on Sir Galveston when trying to beat him with all Elementals.

I tried several strategies of my own as well as Xu-Fu's (cant post links but it is Electrified Razortooth, PWS and Terrible turnip) and nothing works for me. Anyone had more success?

Aranesh

Pet Score: 4260
Realm: Darkspear-EU

Re: Sir Galveston - all Elementals

Postby Aranesh » September 8th, 2016, 5:05 am

Hey Grantus!

It seems my strategy is depending on specific breeds and I didn't capture that when creating it. Right now I can't test it because I'm not 110, yet. But for future reference, I got a suggestion from one of my visitors. It might work for you!

Pet 1: Electrified Razortooth (2 1 2)
Pet 2: Elementium Geode (1 2 2)
Pet 3: Crazy Carrot (1 1 1)

Paralyzing Shock, Jolt, Lightning Shield, Jolt. Enemy first pet has about 100 hp remaining.
Bring elementium geode, feedback to kill.
Enemy brings flying pet. Amplify magic, feedback until it's dead.
Enemy brings last pet. If enough hp - amplify magic, elementium bolt, else simple elementium bolt. Geode dies.
Bring crazy carrot. Jab until victory.

Kudos to Alex for posting it to me!

Painbow

Pet Score: 4450
Realm: Mal'Ganis-US

Postby Painbow » September 8th, 2016, 8:03 am

Aranesh wrote:Hey Grantus!

It seems my strategy is depending on specific breeds and I didn't capture that when creating it. Right now I can't test it because I'm not 110, yet. But for future reference, I got a suggestion from one of my visitors. It might work for you!

Paralyzing Shock, Jolt, Lightning Shield, Jolt. Enemy first pet has about 100 hp remaining.
Bring elementium geode, feedback to kill.
Enemy brings flying pet. Amplify magic, feedback until it's dead.
Enemy brings last pet. If enough hp - amplify magic, elementium bolt, else simple elementium bolt. Geode dies.
Bring crazy carrot. Jab until victory.

Kudos to Alex for posting it to me!

Nope. Doesn't work. 2 failed attempts in a row and all 3 of those pets only have one breed, so that isn't it.

Prettyheals

Pet Score: 4986
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Postby Prettyheals » September 8th, 2016, 1:45 pm

This variation doesn't work either. In all my attempts the elementium geode died well before Coach was dead. My carrot killed Coach with jab. Then Greatest Foe took one hit from the carrot's jab, healed, then nuked the carrot in two turns.

I realize at this point that these pet battles must have changed quite a bit since the beta test. I started working on the Family Familiar achievement right away, and I noticed that a good many of the strategies posted on Xu-Fu's site just don't seem to work in live. I spent a good while trying a bunch of different pets for this battle. (Tiny Snowman, Crazy Carrot, Core Hound Pup) None seemed to work well. I felt like Xu-Fu's use of the Electrified Razortooth against the 1st pet worked well enough, so I left that in and replaced the other two pets with Ruby Droplet and Lil' Ragnaros.

What I ended up with was the following:

Pet 2: Ruby Droplet (2 2 2)
Pet 3: Lil' Ragnaros (1 2 1)

Paralyzing Shock, Jolt, Lightning Shield, Jolt. Enemy Pet at about 116 health

Bring in Ruby Droplet, Absorb to kill.

Bubble when Coach comes in (to avoid lift off), Absorb, Absorb, Drain Blood, Absorb, Absorb, Absorb, Drain Blood, Absorb, Bubble, Absorb, Drain Blood, Absorb, Absorb...Coach Dead

Greatest Foe enters battle, Absorb, Drain Blood, Absorb (my Ruby Droplet died here)

Enter Lil' Ragnaros, Burn, Conflag, Smash (Greatest Foe should be dead, if not Smash again)

Sepsis

Pet Score: 4447
BattleTag®: Kaivic#1622
Realm: Gnomeregan-US

Postby Sepsis » September 9th, 2016, 3:15 am

If anyone is having trouble with Coach, I found a Jademist Dancer pretty effective (I used a P/S, not sure on other breeds).
Geyser on Lift-Off-> Rain Dance -> Jade Claw till dead.
I also found a Living Sandling worked well vs the dragon, lots of HP to outlast it.

My third pet was Lil' Ragnaros... he wasn't much help but did enough to get the job done, replace this with the Electrified Razortooth and I think you have a golden team.

Grantus

Pet Score: 3234
Realm: Shadowsong-EU

Postby Grantus » September 9th, 2016, 4:16 am

Sepsis wrote:If anyone is having trouble with Coach, I found a Jademist Dancer pretty effective (I used a P/S, not sure on other breeds).
Geyser on Lift-Off-> Rain Dance -> Jade Claw till dead.
I also found a Living Sandling worked well vs the dragon, lots of HP to outlast it.

My third pet was Lil' Ragnaros... he wasn't much help but did enough to get the job done, replace this with the Electrified Razortooth and I think you have a golden team.

This one worked wonders, after so many tries this went so smooth....Electrified Razortooth, Jademist Dancer, Living Sandling did it!

Gráinne

Pet Score: 4820
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Postby Gráinne » September 9th, 2016, 6:59 am

This just became available for me AGAIN. I had done it earlier.

I decided to try with wild Elementals. I tried a couple of things, and found that Sir Galveston changed his rotation. In my first two attempts, Murk switched out to Coach immediately after his Falling Murloc. Didn't happen third time, which foiled my fiendish plan. Third time was a success, though.

I do not suggest this is a reliable strat. Just one success.

And now I realise Molten Corgi isn't wild..... DOH!

Molten Corgi
- started with Puppies to avoid the opening Falling Murloc
- Bark when Puppies done
- Cauterize
- Bark

I swap to P/P Crimson Geode as Murk just stunned himself. This time, he swaps to Coach
- Elementium Bolt as he lifts off
- Two Feedbacks and Elementium Bolt finished Coach

Murk comes back. I swapped to Molten Corgi, which was a mistake (I think). Falling Murloc kills Corgi. Murk stunned.

I bring in H/P Tiny Bog Beast. He brings in Greatest Foe.
- Four Crushes finish off Greatest Foe

Murk comes back
- Poison Lash, Leap, Crush, and my Bog Beast is on 70 HP, but Murk is by a thread as well. That Leap was a mistake, because Murk stunned himself that round. I should have done Poison Lash, Crush, Crush.

My Geode finished it with one more Feedback.

If I ever try that again, I think I'll go with Superbark instead of Cauterize. Would have been a lot easier if the Corgi had finished Murk with Superbark, Bark, Bark.

Kalium
Top Rater

Pet Score: 5030
Realm: Baelgun-US

Postby Kalium » September 9th, 2016, 9:40 am

Thanks to Exocia on Wowhead for this strat:

For the Achievement Ragnaros, Watch and Learn

Your Team:
Droplet of Y'Shaarj (2,2,2) - Swallow You Whole, Expunge, Curse of Doom
Jademist Dancer (2,2,2) - Jade Claw, Rain Dance, Geyser
Tiny Bog Beast (1,2,2) - Crush, Leap, Rampage

Strategy:
Start with your Droplet and Curse of Doom on Sir Murkeston. He switches out to Coach, use Expunge and Swallow You Whole. Droplet will die, swap to your Jademist Dancer to finish Coach with x2 Jade Claw.

After this, there will be switching between Sir Murkeston and Greatest Foe. Cast Geyser on Greatest Foe before swapping to your Tiny Bog Beast and use Crush on Greatest Foe until your Tiny Bog Beast dies.

Once your Tiny Bog Beast dies, use your Jademist Dancer's Rain Dance to heal up. Use Jade Claw against both Greatest Foe and Sir Murkeston to finish the battle.

**My droplet was able to finish Coach before dying so this went even easier than described.

Return to Pet Battles