Battlestone Drop Rates

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: Battlestone Drop Rates

Post by NathKnave » December 19th, 2012, 1:06 am

I had been getting one or two stones a day from doing the tamer dailies up until this week. I'm currently in a three-day dry spell and it's kind of frustrating to be going through all the dailies and having nothing to show for it. I know RNG is RNG and my luck will turn around again though.

I've had decent luck getting stones from wild battles although I haven't been doing a lot lately. Today I happened upon about a dozen Flayer Younglings and got a humanoid stone from my last battle. I told myself that I would upgrade my uncommon non-wild pets before I started worrying about upgrading wild pets (I'd hate to see a rare pet I've been farming after I used a stone to upgrade one), but I used it on the uncommon speedy flayer I'd been saving. I figured getting the stone while farming for a hard-to-find pet was a sign.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 19th, 2012, 3:29 am

I scored three Critter stones in a twenty minute span while leveling my Ghostly Skull in the Heartland tonight just from battling.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Stormrow
Pet Score:9203
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Stormrow » December 19th, 2012, 4:33 am

U have HAD stones? not got one at all :cry:

Mythichunter
Pet Score:4548

Post by Mythichunter » December 19th, 2012, 11:05 am

I had been getting from 1 to 3 stones per day from the dailies. I haven't seen a single stone since patch 5.1. As far as from battles the only ones I had ever received was while looking for my rare Kun Lai Runt. I picked up 3 humanoid stones from that but it was well before patch 5.1. They have certainly changed something with the drop rates.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » December 20th, 2012, 9:01 am

I got a Magic stone fighting the Arcane Eyes outside Kara tonight, and a Flawless Battle Stone from Heartlands.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » December 20th, 2012, 9:43 am

Mythichunter wrote:I had been getting from 1 to 3 stones per day from the dailies. I haven't seen a single stone since patch 5.1. As far as from battles the only ones I had ever received was while looking for my rare Kun Lai Runt. I picked up 3 humanoid stones from that but it was well before patch 5.1. They have certainly changed something with the drop rates.
I'm confused, weren't the stones only added in 5.1? Which patch/hotfix do you mean?

Mythichunter
Pet Score:4548

Post by Mythichunter » December 20th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Gromagrim wrote:
Mythichunter wrote:I had been getting from 1 to 3 stones per day from the dailies. I haven't seen a single stone since patch 5.1. As far as from battles the only ones I had ever received was while looking for my rare Kun Lai Runt. I picked up 3 humanoid stones from that but it was well before patch 5.1. They have certainly changed something with the drop rates.
I'm confused, weren't the stones only added in 5.1? Which patch/hotfix do you mean?
Yeah sorry, Tired when I wrote that, The 5.1.x hotfix they did a week and a half ago.

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » December 20th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Doobjanka wrote:I got a Magic stone fighting the Arcane Eyes outside Kara tonight, and a Flawless Battle Stone from Heartlands.
I have to say, you seem to have way better luck with stones from battles than I have ever had. I have done probably close to 200 battles in just Valley of Four Winds leveling pets on critters, never received a stone. In fact I think I've gotten a total of two stones from battles since they've been introduced, but I've done a lot of battling since 5.1. Maybe I have below average luck, I don't know.

Waterloobob
Top Rater
Pet Score:2918
Realm:Tanaris-us

Post by Waterloobob » December 20th, 2012, 7:41 pm

I have only gotten one per day from trainer bag drops after doing all of the trainer's...takes too long! Haven't gotten one from pet battles, but I haven't been doing that much at all lately. The first week they started, I was getting 1 per 3 trainer bags it seemed...

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » December 21st, 2012, 12:02 am

I must been real good this christmas since yesterday I pulled four (2x mech, ud and dragonkin) stones from trainers. On top of that, got also the Air Spirit.

But then again, I have gotten only one Aquatic stone from the battles itself.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » December 21st, 2012, 7:32 am

Yeah RNG is a pain with this, although I would say I've been pretty lucky with it.

Have had about 15 to 20 stones so far. 3 or 4 from bags, and the rest from battles. I was farming specifically for an aquatic stone and then a beast stone, and for the aqua I took a level 10 pet to 25, and then another to 23 before one dropped.

And then for the beast stone I did one pet from 10 to 25, and then another from 10 to about 19 before that dropped.

There was one night though where I got a flawless stone and a family stone on the consecutive fights though.

The joys of blind luck. :)

Arve,
alticious.

Crandor
Pet Score:3876
Realm:Thaurissan-us

Post by Crandor » December 21st, 2012, 3:17 pm

Been doing all 16 bags per day..i'll definitely say the drop rate really varies, as some days i get like none, some days i get 3 different stones. Only got one drop during a battle in Krasarang wilds where i got a critter stone, the rest were from bags.

Not sure if anyone asked or mention this yet.. But does the quality of the enemy pets even affect the drop rates for the stones?

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » December 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm

I'd say no, since it doesn't even change the amount of xp that you get. Granted, the drop rate is so miniscule that I doubt it would change anything.

Like Arvelayne though, I got 2 dragon stones pretty quick from the wavelings, then but a dozen pets to 25 later still nothing. Bait & switch I tellya~ lol

Rimsala
Pet Score:2580
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Rimsala » January 12th, 2013, 2:44 am

Arvelayne wrote:Yeah RNG is a pain with this, although I would say I've been pretty lucky with it.

Have had about 15 to 20 stones so far. 3 or 4 from bags, and the rest from battles. I was farming specifically for an aquatic stone and then a beast stone, and for the aqua I took a level 10 pet to 25, and then another to 23 before one dropped.

And then for the beast stone I did one pet from 10 to 25, and then another from 10 to about 19 before that dropped.

There was one night though where I got a flawless stone and a family stone on the consecutive fights though.

The joys of blind luck. :)

Arve,
alticious.
Dang I wish i was that lucky.
I found 4 so far and it's been a dry spell since I found the 4th.

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » January 12th, 2013, 7:21 pm

At wowhead some people told they had saved bags for 5.1, when opening 150 one got 15 stones. Other got 50ish bags and got roughly 10% aswell. Not perfect, but still kind of good data to work from.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 13th, 2013, 3:52 am

Kagalii wrote:I noticed a sharp decrease in the drop rates this last week or so.
As did I, to the point that I started wondering if there was something I was doing.
Ultimately, I think you're right: RNG is Random.

But still... seems like the last week, even doing all of the bag quests, it feels like there are a LOT fewer stones.
ImageImage

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » January 13th, 2013, 11:57 am

I too go days without seeing any stones. I do all the Pandaria trainers (I skip the earth spirit sometimes just because he's a pain) and the 2 lowbie trainers every day and average 1 stone every 2 days or so. The drop rate definitely seems lower than 10% for me, but I suppose that's RNG for ya...