[Late Battling] Christoph von Feasel: Could you test that?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
[Late Battling] Christoph von Feasel: Could you test that?

Post by Paladance » March 8th, 2016, 2:48 pm

I'm looking for finding a solution against Christoph without a carry taking damage.
While the Foxling-Starlette method is excellent, it requires a pre-levelled carry, especially when it's a flyer.

What I've found so far consists on some funny RNG, so I'd like to ask you for some testing. I probably won't encourage you with admitting that it's quite a long story? :roll:

Pets:
[pet]Trunks[/pet] ([ability]Smash[/ability], [ability]Ethereal[/ability], [ability]Avalanche[/ability]) &
[pet]Draenei Micro Defender[/pet] ([ability]Metal Fist[/ability], [ability]Reflective Shield[/ability], [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability])
Moves:
Start with your levelling pet.
Switch to Trunks, put immediately Ethereal, then Avalanche on cooldown and keep smashing, avoiding each incoming [ability]whirlpool[/ability] including the posthumous one.
If Pointy's [ability]Trihorn Shield[/ability] is still up, put a Reflective Shield on your DMD and fist your way to Otto.
Use a Metal Fist again. If Reflective Shield is available just before Otto's [ability]Feed[/ability], put it again and then [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability]. Otherwise, use Metal Fist as long as possible until DMD goes into Failsafe (to time Ion Cannon properly).

Two the most unsure parts here are:
Does it often happen that Trunks can't take down Syd before his [ability]Bubble[/ability]'s refreshed?
Can the damage nerf break the attack against Otto because neither reflection nor timing is possible?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Re: [Late Battling] Christoph von Feasel: Could you test tha

Post by Khorah » March 8th, 2016, 4:37 pm

I use [pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet] {2,2,2}, [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] (or [pet]Landro's Lil' XT[/pet]) {1,2,2}, and Carry Pet.
Lead with Broom, and start with [ability]Sweep[/ability] which swaps out Syd and loads the Cow, Switch in XT and use [ability]Heartbroken[/ability] then [ability]Tympanic Tantrum[/ability].
This will take out the cow and beat down the 2 back pets.
Syd will come up and you can hit him with a [ability]Zap[/ability] before XT goes down.
Swap in Carry, then switch out to the Broom.
[ability]Wind-Up[/ability] once, then [ability]Batter[/ability] til Syd goes down, then when Mr. Pointy comes in lead off with [ability]Wind-Up[/ability] which should take him down..
Rinse, repeat.

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » March 10th, 2016, 10:10 am

Smash does variable dmg so will always be some variation in how he's doing against Syd (and how many Avalanches he can cast?)

Have also used an aoe strategy, with an Empowered Manafiend and Mechanical Axebreak (P/P):
Manafiend:
Amplify Magic, Flux, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion
repeat until manafiend dies

Axebreak:
Haywire to finish Syd
Peck (and Peck again if needed) to finish Pointy

Decoy when Otto comes in and swap in/out. Then Haywire.

It's not entirely crit safe (Syd does one attack against Axebreak and if it crits you have to go again) but generally it works fine

Edit: just tested and it's the manafiend that can't be critted against. If that happens the Axebreak needs another round to take down Syd which allows Syd to cast Whirlpool, which will bring the Axebreak below 50% and lose the speed advantage. Syd has to be below 862 hp when Axebreak comes in.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » March 10th, 2016, 11:37 am

Khorah wrote:I use [pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet] {2,2,2}, [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] (or [pet]Landro's Lil' XT[/pet]) {1,2,2}, and Carry Pet.
Lead with Broom, and start with [ability]Sweep[/ability] which swaps out Syd and loads the Cow, Switch in XT and use [ability]Heartbroken[/ability] then [ability]Tympanic Tantrum[/ability].
This will take out the cow and beat down the 2 back pets.
Syd will come up and you can hit him with a [ability]Zap[/ability] before XT goes down.
Swap in Carry, then switch out to the Broom.
[ability]Wind-Up[/ability] once, then [ability]Batter[/ability] til Syd goes down, then when Mr. Pointy comes in lead off with [ability]Wind-Up[/ability] which should take him down..
Rinse, repeat.
This one seems far less variable than some of the other strats out there.

Pala, I'd check yours, but I've been lazy and haven't done Trunks yet. My bad.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » March 10th, 2016, 11:44 am

I have one using a Scourged Whelpling and Iron Starlette. It requires H/H breed from your Whelpling though, that's the only catch.
Full strategy: http://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=7&s=30&a=4

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 10th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Flow wrote:Smash does variable dmg so will always be some variation in how he's doing against Syd (and how many Avalanches he can cast?)

Have also used an aoe strategy, with an Empowered Manafiend and Mechanical Axebreak (P/P):
Manafiend:
Amplify Magic, Flux, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion
repeat until manafiend dies

Axebreak:
Haywire to finish Syd
Peck (and Peck again if needed) to finish Pointy

Decoy when Otto comes in and swap in/out. Then Haywire.

It's not entirely crit safe (Syd does one attack against Axebreak and if it crits you have to go again) but generally it works fine

Edit: just tested and it's the manafiend that can't be critted against. If that happens the Axebreak needs another round to take down Syd which allows Syd to cast Whirlpool, which will bring the Axebreak below 50% and lose the speed advantage. Syd has to be below 862 hp when Axebreak comes in.
I can't tell if it's a valuable sample as I had a crit on the backline, but I've tried that one with using [ability]Alpha Strike[/ability] instead (as pet is faster most of the time, huh?) and having that luck of no Syd's crits, it was okay.
Darolyn wrote:Pala, I'd check yours, but I've been lazy and haven't done Trunks yet. My bad.
I'm so lazy that I can't look to your armory to check which tamers you're missing (I don't have a trust in it too). P:
Aranesh wrote:I have one using a Scourged Whelpling and Iron Starlette. It requires H/H breed from your Whelpling though, that's the only catch.
Full strategy: http://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=7&s=30&a=4
:3
But just tell it, that Elekk reply has brought you here rather than that old stuff. :mrgreen:
</spoiler>

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » March 10th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Paladance wrote:
Darolyn wrote:Pala, I'd check yours, but I've been lazy and haven't done Trunks yet. My bad.
I'm so lazy that I can't look to your armory to check which tamers you're missing (I don't have a trust in it too). P:
All the Pandaren Spirits, two weeks of CT, and Bordin Steadyfuse, because the last time I was there, I forgot about Trunks, lol!

I could have it done in two weeks, tops, and just haven't. Maybe I'll do my best and have him by next DMF and be able to test for you. ;)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Hashat
Pet Score:8215
Realm:Kilrogg-eu

Post by Hashat » March 11th, 2016, 9:38 am

Had some time to kill so I figured I would give this a shot.

After messing around with a bunch of different Immolation and Death and Decay pets that didn't really work, I found that the Hyjal Wisp (2,1,1) and P/P Mechanical Axebeak (2,2,1 or 1,2,1) can do it with the following strategy:

--Start with leveling pet
Pass
Swap to Hyjal Wisp
Wish
Arcane Blast
Arcane Blast
Evanescence
Arcane Blast - until Syd goes down (should be 5 times)
--Mr. Pointy comes in
Wish
Evanescence
Arcane Blast - until Wisp is knocked out (should be 4 times)
Bring in Mechanical Axebeak
Haywire - Mr. Pointy goes down
--Otto comes in
2nd Round of Haywire
Decoy
Peck/Alpha Strike
Peck/Alpha Strike
Haywire - for victory!

It requires no crits on our side to win. Not sure how crits from Christoph's pets might affect the strategy, but the magic racial of the Wisp should help with that!

Flow

Post by Flow » March 11th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Going back today to test pets I too settled on the Hyjal Wisp, although with slightly different moves than Hashat:

Start with carry pet and swap in Hyjal Wisp
Arcane Blast
Wish
Arcane Blast x3
Evanscene
Arcane Blast x3 (Syd dies here)

Wish (this will heal the wisp back to full)
Evanscene
Arcane Blast x4 (wisp may die here if critted against, Pointy will have 596 hp))
Evanscene
Arcane Blast x2 (wisp dies, Pointy has 94 hp)

As second pet many can do, the Axebreak, DMD, Iron Starlette or others. You probably wanna use Peck on the Axebreak because of Pointy's shield.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284

Post by Gráinne » March 11th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Paladance wrote:[pet]Trunks[/pet] ([ability]Smash[/ability], [ability]Ethereal[/ability], [ability]Avalanche[/ability]) &
[pet]Draenei Micro Defender[/pet] ([ability]Metal Fist[/ability], [ability]Reflective Shield[/ability], [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability])
Moves:
Start with your levelling pet.
Switch to Trunks, put immediately Ethereal, then Avalanche on cooldown and keep smashing, avoiding each incoming [ability]whirlpool[/ability] including the posthumous one.
If Pointy's [ability]Trihorn Shield[/ability] is still up, put a Reflective Shield on your DMD and fist your way to Otto.
Use a Metal Fist again. If Reflective Shield is available just before Otto's [ability]Feed[/ability], put it again and then [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability]. Otherwise, use Metal Fist as long as possible until DMD goes into Failsafe (to time Ion Cannon properly).
This worked perfectly for me just now. I'm not sure I could answer your questions definitively, though.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » March 12th, 2016, 10:40 am

Maybe too late for March DMF, but I'm using my Fossilized Hatchling, Mechanical Squirrel team without breed variation trouble https://youtu.be/isMh0go1hKo

Pry
Pet Score:8382
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Pry » April 4th, 2016, 8:17 pm

I am curious if anyone has a non-carry least rounds strategy? No need for me to carry a level yet so would like to get it down as fast as possible!