That moment when...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Blue_frog
Pet Score:4970
BattleTag®:Kalyn#1830
Realm:Windrunner-us
Re: That moment when...

Post by Blue_frog » March 7th, 2016, 3:51 am

That moment when...

You're so tired and out of it that you go into an "auto pilot mode" and make the most basic pvp mistakes over and over again

Example 1: Using stun on critters

Example 2: Using [ability]nocturnal-strike[/ability] without [ability]call-darkness[/ability]

Example 3: Using graves aoe ability with any form of blind debuff

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » March 7th, 2016, 4:16 am

Back from the 6 week hospital stay for Guillian Barre, and I can now walk around for about 3 mins before I am exhausted. Overjoyed to be at home and able to play some wow with my super hubby.

Thanks Paladance for the signature. I had to wait to get home to set it up. Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Now onto pet battles. So, I try some pve pet battles and...

I do the garrison battle without taking the quest. Then I repeat it and logout without healing. So another bandage spent on my next toon. My computer freezes up in the middle of it and I have to reboot due to some stupid windows update from my long absence. I go and do the weekly and hearth before turning in the fifth tamer and have to fly back. Situation normal. It's good to be back.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » March 7th, 2016, 11:48 am

Blue_frog wrote:That moment when...

You're so tired and out of it that you go into an "auto pilot mode" and make the most basic pvp mistakes over and over again

Example 2: Using [ability]nocturnal-strike[/ability] without [ability]call-darkness[/ability]

Better be careful, someone could report you for being a bot. ;)

Seriously though, this is why I'm scared of PvP...if I make those mistakes against trainers, or wild pets, who cares? But against another PERSON? The embarrassment possibility is waaaaaay too high.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 7th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Probably the most popular confession of the US pet battle forums is similar to them: "Using the Darkness combo on Elementals". ;)
Milotha wrote:Back from the 6 week hospital stay for Guillian Barre, and I can now walk around for about 3 mins before I am exhausted. Overjoyed to be at home and able to play some wow with my super hubby.
Great that you feel better. *hug* And that you have someone who helps you all the time!
Milotha wrote:Thanks Paladance for the signature. I had to wait to get home to set it up. Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Haha, no worries about that one. ^^ Though I was a bit afraid that you're not so fine to be honest.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Blue_frog

Post by Blue_frog » March 7th, 2016, 12:50 pm

Darolyn wrote:

Seriously though, this is why I'm scared of PvP...if I make those mistakes against trainers, or wild pets, who cares? But against another PERSON? The embarrassment possibility is waaaaaay too high.
I'm not a bot, just a lousy PvP pet battler.

Which is why i chuckle when I see any PvP botting thread. It seems inconceivable that bad players exist therefore they must be bots. And no one will ever argue against it because of no one wants to say, "No, I just suck that badly."

I have good and bad moments but i'm playing during my bad moments

Blue_frog

Post by Blue_frog » March 7th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Paladance wrote:

Probably the most popular confession of the US pet battle forums is similar to them: "Using the Darkness combo on Elementals". ;)
Milotha wrote:Back from the 6 week hospital stay for Guillian Barre, and I can now walk around for about 3 mins before I am exhausted. Overjoyed to be at home and able to play some wow with my super hubby.
Great that you feel better. *hug* And that you have someone who helps you all the time!
Milotha wrote:Thanks Paladance for the signature. I had to wait to get home to set it up. Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Haha, no worries about that one. ^^ Though I was a bit afraid that you're not so fine to be honest.
No, I've been sick recently. I did this on a dragonkin. I have a case of bad food poisoning that has me on bed rest.

I've also been partly bored so I found people on the internet to argue Constitutional law with old supreme court cases... arguing the winning side with them deeply believing the opposing.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » March 7th, 2016, 1:05 pm

Blue_frog wrote:

Which is why i chuckle when I see any PvP botting thread. It seems inconceivable that bad players exist therefore they must be bots. And no one will ever argue against it because of no one wants to say, "No, I just suck that badly."

I hope you feel better soon. That thread was specifically what I was referring to, because some of those people actually DO think that people can't be that bad.

Well, I am. I'm horrible at it, as I've stated over there, I may never see that stunted direhorn.

Anyway, we are hijacking the thread again, lol!

That moment when you spend half an hour searching for the answer to someone's forum topic, only to find someone else posted the solution in the meantime. Not here, there.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Blue_frog

Post by Blue_frog » March 7th, 2016, 1:13 pm

Darolyn wrote:
Blue_frog wrote:

I hope you feel better soon. That thread was specifically what I was referring to, because some of those people actually DO think that people can't be that bad.

Well, I am. I'm horrible at it, as I've stated over there, I may never see that stunted direhorn.

Anyway, we are hijacking the thread again, lol!

That moment when you spend half an hour searching for the answer to someone's forum topic, only to find someone else posted the solution in the meantime. Not here, there.
That moment when you accidentally hijack a forum thread talking about pet battles out of being social and so bored

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 7th, 2016, 1:42 pm

That moment when you spend several hours on Timeless Isle looking for pets and all what you get is watching other players from both factions killing bosses before you can ride to them.

It includes AFKing "just for a while" and after coming back, seeing dead Gu'chi with lil' family.

And a blind and deaf guy from the same faction. Why do I say that? He performed a kill for a coin (away from the rares) despite my sacrificed debuff, about that I wanted to inform him anyway. :mrgreen:

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » March 7th, 2016, 1:54 pm

Blue_frog wrote: That moment when you accidentally hijack a forum thread talking about pet battles out of being social and so bored
I don't think anyone minds. It's good to have you. :)

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » March 7th, 2016, 3:21 pm

Paladance wrote:That moment when you spend several hours on Timeless Isle looking for pets and all what you get is watching other players from both factions killing bosses before you can ride to them.

It includes AFKing "just for a while" and after coming back, seeing dead Gu'chi with lil' family.

And a blind and deaf guy from the same faction. Why do I say that? He performed a kill for a coin (away from the rares) despite my sacrificed debuff, about that I wanted to inform him anyway. :mrgreen:
I remember the hell of farming for that darn crab on timeless isle. The horror!

Blue_frog

Post by Blue_frog » March 8th, 2016, 12:57 am

Milotha wrote:
Paladance wrote:That moment when you spend several hours on Timeless Isle looking for pets and all what you get is watching other players from both factions killing bosses before you can ride to them.

I remember the hell of farming for that darn crab on timeless isle. The horror!
That moment when you say f**k farming this and buy it off the ah

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 8th, 2016, 4:56 am

Milotha wrote:I remember the hell of farming for that darn crab on timeless isle. The horror!
And what about an Imperial Python? :roll:
Blue_frog wrote:That moment when you say f**k farming this and buy it off the ah
And then it drops anyway faster than you perform a non-Mage blink :P

Yeah, definitely AH has this advantage that you can choose breeds of your wished pet.
But I refuse to think about the phenomenon that pets that used to cost a 2,5-3k are put for thrice of that now.
Last edited by Paladance on May 1st, 2017, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » March 13th, 2016, 6:51 pm

That moment when you look at the clock and think "I have an hour and a half of work left, this has been the longest day ever....maybe I should organize my queue for tomorrow's Squirt leveling epicness."

Then fifteen minutes later, look at your phone and realize that it's 4:45...and you never changed the clock on the wall at work. And you only have fifteen minutes left and no time to organize your queue.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » April 29th, 2016, 12:19 am

A classic Murphy's Law:
That moment when you are in Tanaan, want to get exactly 2 charms to balance out your bag space and you end with getting 1, then 2 charms.

And that moment when there's a pet event and that one hot-headed guy in your guild moans that there should've happened something else.

Nerthel
Top Rater
Pet Score:9458
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Nerthel » June 27th, 2016, 2:07 pm

That moment when...

You finally got Ashes of Al'ar on Tuesday June 21st and the next Monday June 27th you get Onyxian Drake. What are the odds for seeing this again?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 28th, 2016, 12:19 pm

Darolyn wrote:

But pvp battles is completely aynounmous. You don't know who you are facing it is just a generic stand-in and neither pet battlers in game name is shown,' you show up as a generic stand-in on thier side too.
The only way to even know if you are facing a opponent more than once is if they named thier pets that shows up. Even then nothing stops people from havin the same name. But named pets and using exact same teams and moves lets one know they are probably facing the same battler again but otherwise it is completely aynounmous.
So you have nothing to fear there

Paladance

Post by Paladance » June 28th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Nerthel wrote:That moment when...

You finally got Ashes of Al'ar on Tuesday June 21st and the next Monday June 27th you get Onyxian Drake. What are the odds for seeing this again?
It's good you've dared to share this, my dear. I can believe that luck is contagious. ;)

I've just got a [pet]Frigid Frostling[/pet] (I have it, but still) and Frostscythe of Lord Ahune in one satchel.

I just hope hunters would apply it to wardrobe. If Blizz can't allow learning things all along, at least the event drops should be learnable from everywhere…

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » July 3rd, 2016, 2:15 pm

You decide to clean up some duplicates and you accidentally release the wrong wild pet... confirm release...Doh! Back to capturing a rare of that again.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » July 4th, 2016, 10:41 pm

When you miscalculate your gametime length before income time and end with a starter access, unspent 370 Burning Blossoms on a main at the end of the event, and no way to buy a token.

(It has a good ending, don't worry ^^)