My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

On the Dragonkin passive

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladance

Pet Score: 3771
Realm: Burning Legion-EU

On the Dragonkin passive

Postby Paladance » December 8th, 2015, 7:15 am

I've seen several doubts and questions about how the Dragonkin racial really works, but couldn't find any sorted concern here.

Let's start from the obvious things:

• When you bring the enemy pet below 50% health, your dragon indeed gets a 50% damage boost for one round.
  • It's triggered on the backrow pets aswell. I don't know if the current movesets allow to do this but you can make use of it taking a wounded pet into the backrow and then performing an AoE attack.
  • This racial puts dragons in specific relationships with flyers and beasts. The first ones can suffer badly because of that.
Now it's more complicated:

• From some reasons, if the enemy is still alive for several rounds, this racial triggers itself every second time as long as your dragon attacks and enemy's HP stay below 50%, so not only in the 1st round after the climax, but the 3rd and 5th aswell.
  • This also causes a bug in the opposite way -- if you bring an enemy below 50% HP twice a row (e.g. Mana Surge killing two pets in two rounds), the second round doesn't grant you a bonus.

One can say that the second situation is needed because damage bonus itself causes increased probability to trigger this racial anyway. Still that makes the description kinda not worth the trust! :D
Last edited by Paladance on December 10th, 2015, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://hastebin.com/raw/ifaqipexuq

Biscuit
Top Rater

Pet Score: 4764
Realm: Jaedenar-US

Re: On the Dragonkin passive

Postby Biscuit » December 8th, 2015, 11:05 am

Makes me wonder just how high up the racial rankings Dragons would climb if they DIDN"T lose the damage bonus racial every other turn. I'd imagine it'd be similar to the beast racial, but on 'roids.

Return to Pet Battles