Pets that battle alone?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kaelsidhe
Pets that battle alone?

Post by Kaelsidhe » December 10th, 2012, 9:48 am

I'm trying to find a list of mid to high level pets that do not have other pets join the the fight when you engage them. For instance, the Restless Shadeling always fights alone, and any pet you engage in Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom (that's the exterior area outside the instances) always fight alone.

The reason I'm asking is because it makes a handy way of getting a pet that is higher level than your team. I capped a L17 Rare Restless Shadeling with a team of L8 pets, then used my new L16 (he lost a level in the cap) to capture a new team of L18's, etc and so on.

Anyone know how or where to find a list of mid to high level pets/locations where the pets do not come to battle with friends?

Thanks in advance

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Re: Pets that battle alone?

Post by Darky28 » December 10th, 2012, 10:02 am

The eye in Kharazan is also alone.. around level 15 if not mistaken

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 10th, 2012, 11:38 am

I did the same with the Shadeling. I knew about the Arcane Eye by Kara as well.

Didn't know about the AQ thing though.

I captured my Shadeling with a bunch of lowbies as well. Then used my new Poor Shadeling to get a rare Shadeling and kicked my poor to the curve.

Shadeling ended up being my first 25.

Mmxcore
Pet Score:2072
Realm:Dentarg-us

Post by Mmxcore » December 10th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Actually if you go into aq, like fly over the raid entrance so you are in the zone but not in the instance, you can find a few of those sidewinders and scarabs. Most are green and fight alone so easy kill. Especially if you head to the back of the map where most don't get that far, they do hide pretty good though and no monsters to worry about if you are low level. Would love a more comprehensive list, just makes logical sense to grab a few low levels, beat up a high level to go quicker.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 10th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Kaelsidhe wrote:I'm trying to find a list of mid to high level pets that do not have other pets join the the fight when you engage them.
(...)
Anyone know how or where to find a list of mid to high level pets/locations where the pets do not come to battle with friends?

Thanks in advance
There is/was a very similar discussion 5 days ago, you can read it here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=1258

Restless shadeling, Arcane eye and the pets in the outside world of AQ would be the summary.