Pet Battles End Game Content - Pet Raids !

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Pet Battles End Game Content - Pet Raids !

Post by Elfuego » November 24th, 2015, 10:57 am

Hey guys, [profile]Elfuego[/profile] here from [url]http://www.wowpetbattle.com[/url]. Its been a while but I'm getting back into the swing of things! Got some exciting things to talk about and wanted to get some feed back.

Recently I spoke with Kaivax from Blizzard at 2015 Blizzcon. I wish I could have caught up with warcraftpets.com at the meeting table the first day, but I was late getting to the con and only had time for half of Friday and all of Saturday =(. While I didn't get to meet them I DID get to tag wowpetbattle on the graffiti wall! Anyway, as we were talking we both got onto the subject of pet battles and the direction they have gone and where they COULD go. I have to admit, when I first started pet battling, it was kind of bland, and unbalanced. But it also has only taken one direction. A very pokemon style approach. I started thinking, pets with different abilities and roles, so much content. Why are we fighting each other in PVP or dailies when we could make an END GAME style raid! So heres what Ive come up with so far!

I sat and thought about all the fun Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Drakken, and other 2d scrollers used to be when I was a kid. The groups, the choices I had to make, the makeup of the teams. Everything that was so attractive and brought us back and again, the adventure! We have All those elements right now in game, just no structure for the pets to follow! So consider this: a 5 or 10 pet RAID against the Azeroth world pets themselves!

So example 1: Your guild or crew has just defeatd Garrosh Hellscream, and now theres a quest line or portal specifically for pet battlers do go and raid Garrosh's now unleashed "Evil Perky" , wich is similar to a legend, but a raid bosses pet! So you start the quest reading about how now with garosh gone, his evil little perky pug is wreacking havoc all over Orgrimar and its up to YOU to put a stop to it. So much like with those fantastic 2d scrollers of old, you choose 1 tank pet, 1 heal pet, 3 dps pets and go start a raid. You could choose different approaches. Maybe try to over power it with all dps slots? 5 Emerald Protowhelps? who knows, its endless combinations! But the main idea would be to run a small raid so it doesn't take forever and lose interest. but to battle the current and previous end game bosses minion pets. There could be different drops for pets specifically that could help them be better? Maybe a leash +5 to attack or something. Maybe they come back with a hidden piece of boss loot for current end game gear?

Example 2: Theres a que for end game Pet raids much like lfr or constructed. You start and each player gets 2 or 3 pets to take, and much like a raid group and you select a roll like tank or healer, heals dps, etc and join a real time raid choosing your pets attacks while the other players in the group do the same. So the tank pet player tanks the boss, while the healer heals the pet raid group, and the dps players try not to stand in fire! This also has a lot of potential , and Id love to see what your guys thoughts are on it!

The whole idea is that the pet battling can take new forms and direction in the game, and not just be a garrison daily or a way to find exotic pets in pags. Just imagine a WORLD PET BATTLE BOSS that took a que and 20 players to defeat all with pets! That would be so much more interactive and engaging?

I hope to hear your thoughts and additions, whatever they may be! Maybe we can get blizzard some ideas and have the petworld become an endgame possibility!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile],
[url]http://www.wowpetbattle.com[/url]
GET OWNED!!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Pet Battles End Game Content - Pet Raids !

Post by Paladance » November 24th, 2015, 12:17 pm

Not exactly related, but…
Do someone of you remember the old turn-based strategies like Heroes of Might & Magic and Disciples?

You used to lead groups with some units of several types and while you were wandering on the map like in RTS,
it happened turn by turn
and additionally the combat had place at some kind of the instance -- either a part of the wild or at the fortress.

Each unit had their own level, stats, including the speed (initiative) one -- and unlike in the pet battles, each of them attacked, including the backline (ranged units).

I can admit that one of these strategies gives me some inspiring memories while pet battling.
I even would like to see some methods taken from them, or at least a slight flavour reference.
But I don't want to be like an advertiser. :D

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » November 25th, 2015, 11:51 am

Paladance wrote:Not exactly related, but…
Do someone of you remember the old turn-based strategies like Heroes of Might & Magic and Disciples?
Sorry to keep offtopic... I don't know about Disciples, but Heroes of Might & Magic is still going strong, they released the seventh installment of the series about a month ago, in case you want to check it out!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... I sure would love some sort of cooperative Pet content, but I heavily disagree with turning it into a standard tank/healer/dps setup. Trinity sytem is limiting enough already for player content, I wouldn't want Pet Battling becoming nearly as restrictive; otherwise we'd end up seeing the same pets over and over.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » November 25th, 2015, 2:15 pm

While I would like some Community pet events, i would hope that they wont incentivize the participation.
What I love about pet battles is that I can be level with a someone who plays hours on end while only logging on for minutes at a time.
Once there are rewards that "enhance" your pets or battles that playing field becomes uneven.

What I would love to see is another event as the opening of the AQ gates. That was a real sense of community, even though the ultimate event failed due to server overload, the goals of contributing made ita really cool thing.

i.e. The severs of Dalaran are infested with 1.000.000 rats, pet battlers, get out there and rid us of this plague.

Gwynnevere
MVP
Pet Score:7223
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Gwynnevere » November 25th, 2015, 6:25 pm

This idea sounds so awesome on so many levels!! I really love the idea of expanding content on our battle pets. We've all spent so much time and effort leveling up each one of them, finding rates, etc.. It'd be so nice to be able to show them off and utilize them in different ways than we've had the opportunity to, so far.

I love the idea of pet battle end game / raiding with my entourage of beloved pets!

As if I wasn't excited enough about all the new Legion pets upcoming lol. I sure hope we see something like this appear in Legion. Sounds like epic fun to be had :)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 26th, 2015, 1:21 am

Buruan wrote:What I would love to see is another event as the opening of the AQ gates. That was a real sense of community, even though the ultimate event failed due to server overload, the goals of contributing made ita really cool thing.

i.e. The severs of Dalaran are infested with 1.000.000 rats, pet battlers, get out there and rid us of this plague.
That's just briliant. :lol: The starting menagerie quests had a similar event and it was fine, sadly not a part of the open world.

Another examples:
"Unbalanced arcane energies have started to animate objects. Let's not allow these to disturb the citizens' life."
"A mysterious living memory tries to get the people's attention, yelling about the old success in halting the titans' rage."
Outside Dalaran: "[A region of Azsuna] is haunted by [some known] vicious ghosts."

And hmmm…

There are several mini-mechs that according to the placeholder description are "Puzzle pets for Adventure Mode in 7.0".
Sounds interesting. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11331
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » November 30th, 2015, 7:45 pm

Great ideas. It would be awesome if Blizzard did find more interesting ways to utilize all these pets.

That would be fun, a pet battle because of an over-run of rats - lol!

Cubcho
Pet Score:8939
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Cubcho » November 30th, 2015, 11:08 pm

i really like the idea of say 2v2 or 3v3 pet battles where players group up and battle. also a setup like pokemon leagues is interesting to me, where say you can only use a certain group of pets (i.e. only pets that have tails or something fun like that) because there are so many fun pets to use but somehow we always fall back to using only a few certain ones. I really liked the celestial tournament setup where it was like a whole instance setup, but to be honest the predictability of pet battles with NPCs is the only thing that makes it boring after a while.

Mvallas
Pet Score:4301
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Mvallas » December 1st, 2015, 8:09 am

Biscuit wrote:Sounds like an awesome idea!

I'll admit, I'm kinda excited that Blizz is being pretty hush-hush about pet battling in Legion.
Leads me to believe there are some big (and hopefully fantastic) plans in store.
I've been getting that impression too - specifically when Blizz sighted that they're not ready to reveal pet battle details yet. You don't do that if it's just another basic set of trainers :P