Beat this team...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us
Re: Beat this team...

Post by Baldulf » August 12th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Hogs and the pup are both pretty slow, and depending on the flavor of rabbit, the whole team could be relatively slow. Put together a good speed team, maybe with a Zandalari with Primal Cry just in case, and you should be fine.

Tarnlad
Pet Score:13880
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Tarnlad » August 13th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Unborn Val'kyr, S/S Death Adder. Start with unborn cast Curse of Doom, then Haunt. Bring in Death Adder Hatchling and cast Blinding poison, poison fang, then puncture. When Val'kyr is back up cast Shadow Shock then rinse and reapeat. My third pet is the Teroclaw Hatchling. I am 95% win chance in randoms. Strat from YouTube channel Insane Pain Game

Vevy
Pet Score:1959
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Vevy » August 13th, 2015, 11:14 pm

I haven's run across a comp quite like this and I appreciate your desire to use some non-top-tier pets. I can't suggest a comp but I will say that I like the Vengeful Porcupette when fighting against rabbit/undead combos. You can't always run a pet that is faster than a rabbit. But the Porcupette allows you to powerball so that you have the initiative. If they open rabbit and you open porc, you will take some dmg as you powerball up. But if they open undead, you can powerball and do decent dmg or flank and eat the undead quickly.

Good luck. I enjoy these problem solving games.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 15th, 2015, 6:21 am

So..a hard counter comp...

vs the hum- s/b Sister of temptation (fast stun anD CoD) or MrWiggles with crouch and headbutt
vs the critter -p/p Imperial eagle-with thrash
vs the undead -p/b alpine foxling-flurry/crouch/dazzling dance or veng.porc

the eagle gives you the advantage here...cyclone is solid and liftoff for avoid
Tekulve

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 3rd, 2015, 10:15 am

Against humanoids I like to use:
Unborn Valkyrie, crawling claw or blight hawk- as of lately blight hawk the one I use most.

Against critters I like to use:
Zandalori Raptors- make sure it has primal scream, black claw and hunting party , or any direhorn since rabbit and has annoying dodge and burrow and can't be stun use shield instead of stun move and it does next to no damage to you.

Against undead I like to use:
Any frog pick one with highest damage- swarm of of flies and tongue lash destroy undead.
Frogs take low damage from undead and have a heal.
If want to annoy opponent frog kiss also works well and can stun lock them.
Even if they try to counter frog use mechanical frog.
Most don't notice it isn't aquatic, specially if rename it toad.
Really seem to run away and get annoyed by that when they try an aquatic counter and it isn't super effective.
Also foxes good with moves like swipe and howl.
Also have move that speeds up whole team for 9 rounds which is nice.

These are a few I would team together to take on that team

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » September 19th, 2015, 7:22 am

fwiw, Cursing with a Val'kyr *then* using a Death Adder Puncture is just overkill, you're wasting your Curse of Doom and putting your puncture on cooldown which can be used for the next pet. Unless it's a pet with 1800+ hps, I would never waste all the cooldowns like that. You're putting yourself in a weakened position for the next pet. Haunt has a cooldown as well now, you won't be able to use it again right away like before. Also, switching gives your opponent a free turn - if your plan is to use CoD + Blinding Poison again, it's just a weak combo now in this faster moving meta.

There is a reason people use Graves and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonlings and Fossilized Hatchlings. They win. There is nothing wrong or *horrible* about people wanting to win in a competition. They will beat this comp you want to beat, hands down, easily, every time. (They'll beat almost every other comp out there as well). Nothing at all wrong with wanting to win.

I used to be angry and frustrated with people using the "OP" teams, I wanted to use fun and themed teams. I mean, I have named over 500 of my pets, I love them. I have dozens of teams that I crafted for a theme, for fun. They don't win unless I come up against a really weak team.

But when I queue for PvP, I want to win. Simple as that.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » October 9th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Biscuit wrote:There's nothing more satisfying than knowing you stopped someone's winning streak with a team your opponent thought it was going to steamroll.
I tried using some of the fancy tactical teams from Discodoggy's blog (tried to pick recent teams) and then got fed up with the OP aoe teams I encountered. So I created a mindless OP aoe team and just spammed that with much better win rate. One Graves team even forfeited after they encountered me for the 2nd time in a row.

What I thought hilarious was that when the pet battle bonus event was on, I encountered a completely random team (one or two pets were uncommon quality, no synergy etc) and they were really close to beating my stupid OP team because one stun got through in the beginning. I don't remember if it was that team that lost simply because of my pet's undead racial, but nevertheless it was really close. I was pretty much laughing out loud alone.