My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

PvP Question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Pet Score: 4562
Realm: Eitrigg-US

PvP Question

Postby Buruan » August 8th, 2015, 4:48 pm

Having never PvP'd before today the Ultimate Battle Stone quest lured me in.

I didnt do all that much resarch but picked the first team that came up in a google search :
H/P Blighthawk (Infected Claw, Ghostly Bite, Cyclone)
S/S Jademist Dancer (Steam Vent, Rain Dance, Acid Rain)
P/P Junglebeak (Peck, Rain Dance, Nocturnal Strike)

Took me a couple of fights to get the mechanics down, but for every 4 losses I took a win.

Now here is what frustrates me, 4 out of 5 of my wins, the opponent ran away, while that still gives me a win it doesnt feel the same.
Is that a normal behavior pattern? Is that frowned upon in the PvP community or simply the way it is?

Also, when I have an undead killing the last pet of the other side in the undead round, does that count as a draw or does the other guy get the win? Had this happen 2 times or so and was wondering.

I guess due to the nature of unpredictability there is no real guides out there like we have for PVE, what are other fun teams to run?
I do enjoy the above combo but versatility is key :)

Pet Score: 4258
Realm: Terenas-US

Re: PvP Question

Postby Discodoggy » August 12th, 2015, 12:55 am

Welcome to PvP battling, it can be quite fun.

First of all, the team you found is slightly dated, but still viable as you found out. It's called a "clonedance" team for the combination of Cyclone and Rain Dance.

I've found that people will run away when they get off to a bad start, or when it is clear that they have lost. It's not uncommon, but it's not the norm. Most of the time you will finish your battles.

I wrote a guide a few years back, so it's also slightly dated, but most of the content hasn't changed:

One quicker way to get into it is to experiment with the top PvP pets, which can be found here:

Of course any top pet list is subjective, but many experienced battlers have chimed in with disagreements and suggestions so I think it's a reasonably accurate list.

Hope that helps.

Pet Score: 4562
Realm: Eitrigg-US

Re: PvP Question

Postby Buruan » August 12th, 2015, 10:35 am

Thanks DD, much appreciated.

I did enjoy the PvP aspect enough for me to be dabbling into it a bit further.
I should have all the pets needed for any given strat, and have the means to 25'ify them quickly.

Ill nose around on the website you linked below.

Return to Pet Battles