Addon Question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sargon_starblade
Pet Score:9635
BattleTag®:Sargon1791#1915
Realm:Velen-us
Addon Question

Post by Sargon_starblade » July 2nd, 2015, 10:17 am

I was wondering with all the different pet breeds, is there an addon out there that will tell you the best breed to collect?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Addon Question

Post by Kpb321 » July 2nd, 2015, 10:29 am

No because there is no definitive "best" breed. It can depend on the pet, the move set you are picking, the opponent you are fighting and any number of other things.

Sargon_starblade
Pet Score:9635
BattleTag®:Sargon1791#1915
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Sargon_starblade » July 2nd, 2015, 12:53 pm

But there are some that the way the stats are it would just be dumb to get. A primary example would be a:

S/S Rapana Whelk where the stats at Rare level 25 are
H 1644/P 276/S 260.

It would then be a toss up between

B/B Rapana Whelk where the stats at Rare level 25 are
H 1725/P 292/S 211

or

H/B Rapana Whelk where the stats at Rare level 25 are
H 1790/P 289/S 208

Getting the S/S would just be plain dumb, B/B you have more power and some more health, and H/B you have yet more health.

There are some pets that it there is no question about what to get if the power or speed is 300+. So that is what I mean by a best breed addon so you do not have to sit back ane debate the pros and cons of each pet you try and get. it would tell you this is the one you want.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » July 2nd, 2015, 2:06 pm

And rabbits...

So far as I know, there is no reason to take any breed other than S/S on them thar rascally rahbuts (outside of "just collecting them all", of course).

P/S tends to be the choice for most moths...

P/P for anything that heals or has "one huge attack".

P/P (or S/S) for most magic pets since their health is largely irrelevant (due to their racial ability).

S/S for anything that uses a "if the user strikes first" or "interrupts the opponent if strikes first" or used to force a switch.

H/H for anything that uses explode (damage based on hp of user).

Undead like to be slow so they can get 2-for-1 from their racial, so P/H or H/H there.

Flyings (FlyERS?) are already fast due to their racial, so P/P or P/H tend to be better choices.

Anything that changes the weather likes to be slow so that it always "wins" the weather war if the opponent also tries to change the weather.

As you can see, that's just a few off the top of my head. Ask the same question when referring to a specific opponent (or type of opponent), and you might get a different answer entirely.

I'm sure that is more confusing than helpful,

-Gaht

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » July 2nd, 2015, 3:16 pm

Gahtmilch wrote:And rabbits...

So far as I know, there is no reason to take any breed other than S/S on them thar rascally rahbuts (outside of "just collecting them all", of course).
I'd argue after the first couple s/s rabbits a p/s or h/s or some other breed would be better. Yes rabbits move set makes being faster than the opponent good but you don't need to be that fast to be faster than most undead which is where critters deal extra damage. I don't really need a dozen s/s rabbits or moths. Some variety is good.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » July 8th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Arguably, you will never need more than 3 of any specific breed of any given pet (outside the Celestial Tournament, rarely), but having NEVER used a rabbit because of it's damage impact, and using them frequently for trainers, legendaries, Celestial Tournament, and even on some of the Tiny Terrors because of their dodge/burrow mitigation, I stand by the statement. There are far far better critters to use to dispatch undead if you don't need the mitigation of a bunny.

You may never need more than a couple s/s bunnies, but I doubt you will ever find yourself NEEDING a non-s/s breed rabbit as the "best breed" for any opponent.

As for moths... I'd be impressed if someone managed to have all eleventybillion moths in the P/S breed. That's just silly (and some moths, like the Yellow or the newer ones with Call Lightning are better in non-p/s breed). Get 2 P/S moths and you are golden. For most enthusiasts, the rest are likely whichever breed you first encountered as a capturable rare.

I also have a b/b crow I far prefer to the s/s crow 90% of people recommend simply because he hits a bit harder and has an extra round or two of survival in 'im. I don't encounter too many opponents a crow's racial doesn't make it faster than when it counts.

Again, as per the original responses, it's all subjective to the opponent. Breeds matter far more in PvP and Celestial Tournament. I don't know too many wild battles or trainers where breed much affects the outcome (yes, there are several trainers where breed removes RNG-potential-resets or additional rounds, but you can still win with the same moveset).

-Gaht