Cursed spirit and Dark Gazer.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us
Cursed spirit and Dark Gazer.

Post by Papazol » June 23rd, 2015, 7:33 pm

So, 6.2 is life. And new legendaries with new revards are waiting for us. First legendary pet, what I founded, was Cursed spirit. He was undead with moth and snake like back line pets. He hits realy hard - Fel corruption hits all pets for 350 elemental dmg and put buff for his pets. Also he uses [ability]ghostly bite[/ability] for 700 dmg and [ability]death coil[/ability] for 250 dmg + 125 self heal. I wasn't able easily swap him cose his speed 366. After few (like 30-40 :lol: ) tries, I founded that easier way to defeat him - just aoe him on back line. So I created team:
1. Highland turkey - slicing wing, gobble strike, food coma
2. Crawling claw - shadow slash, death grip, curse of doom
3. Graves - consume, bonestorm, grave destruction
Main idea of fight was: turkey starts from food coma, swap on claw - death grip, swap on graves - aoe dance (storm, consume,destruction, consume...) before moth is almost dies, swap on turkey, kill moth, food coma on spirit, swap on claw - grip, swap on graves and aoe dance for death. For this time snake should be dead too and, in best case spitir aleady used first bite on graves. Claw starts from doom and slash before he dies. In best case he uses doom 2d time and kills spirit. If no, turkey uses gobble strike, food coma, strike, strike... but actualy may be killed by ghostly bite.
After I got spirit, I found another legendary pet - Dark Gazer. He is almost same ,exept he is magic, hasn't heavy atacks and his another pets rat and moths. After spirit he was realy easy and on 2d try I just changed graves on
3. Pandaren fire spirit with magma wave , flamethrower, cauterize.
I did it same way - food coma+death grip switched Gazer on rat, than I switched on my pandaren fire spirit and just magma wave+heal rat down (better if rat has survival, worse if stampede). For this time moth was also dead, and Gazer had half hp, so crawling claw kills him.
Hope it helps someone.
And grats all with new patch.

Endaira
Pet Score:13750
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Cursed spirit and Dark Gazer.

Post by Endaira » June 24th, 2015, 2:22 am

I am a little disappointed in how little variation there is between the tamers.
I have been using pamdaren water spirit, chromimius, and emerald protowhelp, works for almost every tamer.
Maybe the challenge is fighting your way to get to the tamers.

Vesuvial
Pet Score:3705
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Vesuvial » June 24th, 2015, 3:07 am

Yeah howl bomb with emerald proto is the go to easy way for all these battles. Like said above the hard part is just getting to them :|

Erleichda
Pet Score:2768
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Erleichda » June 25th, 2015, 1:03 am

I've been using the zandalari raptors plus a red cricket, but the idea is the same.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » June 25th, 2015, 3:30 pm

Endaira wrote:I am a little disappointed in how little variation there is between the tamers.
I have been using pamdaren water spirit, chromimius, and emerald protowhelp, works for almost every tamer.
Maybe the challenge is fighting your way to get to the tamers.
I am also really disappointed. The Celestial Tournament at the end of MoP offered a lot more challenge and diversity. I also thought the MoP lengedaries were more fun because they required different teams. I was expecting from the 6.2 legendaries.

Vevy
Pet Score:1959
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Vevy » June 25th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Vesuvial wrote:Yeah howl bomb with emerald proto is the go to easy way for all these battles. Like said above the hard part is just getting to them :|
Not exactly a straightforward strat vs an opponent that throws off your timing with counterspell. I get that most people on this forum are experienced, but howl bpmb + emerald proto doesn't magically win this fight.

OP, I've enjoyed running a turkey on a lot of these opponents and using Broom for swaps. On Dark Gazer I an currently running Turkey + howl bomb.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » June 27th, 2015, 10:58 pm

I got him down yesterday, but I can't remember what I did. I've tried Howl Bomb, I've tried Zandalari combos...I just CANNOT kill Dark Gazer today!

I don't have any leveled turkeys, and I don't have a leveled wolpertinger.

I'm pretty sure Lil Deathwing was the key in this fight, but now I can't remember how to use him, and my friend who helped me last night isn't online.

Any thoughts?
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 28th, 2015, 12:55 am

Darolyn wrote:I got him down yesterday, but I can't remember what I did. I've tried Howl Bomb, I've tried Zandalari combos...I just CANNOT kill Dark Gazer today!

Any thoughts?
Give my team a whirl:
- Val'kyr casts CoD, then Haunt.
- Bring in a Zandalari raptor (I use S/S Kneebiter) for Black Claw and Hunting Party.
- Swap in Emerald Proto-Whelp to handle clean up duty for the backup pets. Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream as needed to keep it alive, otherwise Emerald Bite.

Dark Gazer's interrupts don't interfere with the timing on the above strat.

Narish
Pet Score:5700
Realm:Kor'gall-eu

Post by Narish » June 28th, 2015, 9:54 pm

A P/P Kneebiter/Anklerender works for Darkgazer (I generally use an Emerald proto and something random (PP nether fairy drake) for turtling the buff (Emerald Dream) though the opposing team often die before it expires)

1 - Primal cry (to counter the interrupting gaze on R2, Darkgazer speed is 366 and 274 after the debuff I believe)
2- black claw
3-4 hunting party
5- primal cry and it should die there

Then clean up with the proto and whatever (hardly needed)

A S/S (Not sure, I would need to check ingame, I recall the speed of the spirit being 319 < 341) Zandalari toenibbler will kill the cursed spirit if he get one round of 3 Flank after a black claw

Edit : If the speed is 366 like in the OP then Primal cry is on the first round and the Toenibbler is a P/P

1- Black claw
2-3 Flank (dead there)

Then clean up with a proto or whatever counter the others, possibily something with a strong heal to wait out the debuff for a safe strategy

It should be noted that most of these will die to a Zandalari, except for the ones using (duh) mechanical damage.

Cydwarf
Top Rater
Pet Score:12744
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Cydwarf » July 1st, 2015, 2:55 pm

I've found so far that the trusty Anubisath Idol in first slot to weedle Dark Gazer down to less than half hp, works really well. With a combination of Sandstorm on cooldown, dodge for his interrupt spell, and crush inbetween has been successful. then emerald proto whelp with breath and proto-strike to finish him off, with a little bit of hp leftover to kill one of the rats. Any pet with beast attacks for the last rat would work well. Most people resort to howl bomb strats but this one seems to work just as well, if not - easier.

Leesh42
Pet Score:13033
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Leesh42 » July 1st, 2015, 5:09 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Give my team a whirl:
- Val'kyr casts CoD, then Haunt.
- Bring in a Zandalari raptor (I use S/S Kneebiter) for Black Claw and Hunting Party.
- Swap in Emerald Proto-Whelp to handle clean up duty for the backup pets. Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream as needed to keep it alive, otherwise Emerald Bite.

Dark Gazer's interrupts don't interfere with the timing on the above strat.
That worked for me, thank you! Dark Gazer was making me cross-eyed.