What's the best way to use Murkalot, Graves and MPD?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sylvaine
Pet Score:11692
Realm:Kargath-us
What's the best way to use Murkalot, Graves and MPD?

Post by Sylvaine » June 20th, 2015, 11:26 am

I will be getting a Graves pet soon and I have a Murkalot- based on what I'm hearing this is a great group to have in PVP.

Also, I'm terrible at PVP- can anyone advise the best rotation for this trio? I promise not to abuse it, I just lose all the time so it will be nice to have a group with a great strat- thanks again for any tips in advance!! :D

Vevy
Pet Score:1959
Realm:Garrosh-us

Re: What's the best way to use Murkalot, Graves and MPD?

Post by Vevy » June 20th, 2015, 3:46 pm

Basically you are setting up a Righteous Inspiration to allow Graves a turn to do massive AoE damage with a buffed Grave Destruction.

That is the gist of the strategy. All you really need to look out for is a team that runs a blind or a stun/prism. If you cast Righteous Inspiration on turn one and they use a blind or a stun, it will affect your Graves as he enters the field and it will disable him for the round that he is buffed.

If you want to get fancy to, for instance, avoid the other teams Haunting of your Graves, you could open MPD and drop a decoy. But basically, given that Righteous Inspiration buffs the recipient's speed by 100%, you will be going first with your buffed Graves in 99% of all situations which allows you to drop that massive Grave Destruction. From there on out, it's just steady does it.

I'm not trying to be unconstructive here but just using these 3 pets on auto-pilot will still win you a lot of games as long as you pull off the Righteous Inspiration/Grave Destruction combo. If you don't pull it off, your Murkalot is just another human waiting to be eaten by an undead-AoE heavy meta.

Sylvaine
Pet Score:11692
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Sylvaine » June 20th, 2015, 8:19 pm

I appreciate the help! I've been under the impression most of my Blizzcon pets are nice to show but not so great in PVP so it's cool to see Murkalot has some added value. I wasn't aware he had an ability of that nature.

After getting owned all the time trying to get wins with Murkablo in PVP I kinda gave up on using Blizzcon pets, at least till now!

Soralin
Pet Score:4217
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Soralin » June 23rd, 2015, 1:57 am

Wouldn't Bonestorm be a better choice with RI than Grave Destruction? Works out to be more damage overall.

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » June 23rd, 2015, 5:03 am

Bonestorm is indeed more damage than Grave Destruction if 3 pets are valid targets for AoE, it's a very small difference (250 to each pet vs 222). The only reason you'd want to use it on Grave Destruction are if your opponent has 2 or less pets on the field or you want to destroy an object at the same time.

If you're really meticulous you might also have some plan in mind where you'll want to use it again ASAP 5 turns later and want it going on cooldown as fast as possible (maybe you've calculated that your Graves is going to last 6 turns before dying, and this is the only sequence that lets you get 2 Grave Destructions out - something along those lines).