Pet Battle Bots in PvP?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vevy
Pet Score:1959
Realm:Garrosh-us
Pet Battle Bots in PvP?

Post by Vevy » June 16th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Over the past few days I've been running into a team made up of two Fragments of Anger and a Lil' Ragnaros named Fnale. I have a counter to this team so any time I encounter this player, I concede and queue up my counter hoping to catch the player on the requeue. I run a fox that almost solos the two angers and then follow up with a Zomstrock Carpnado on the Lil' Rag.

I have yet to lose to this player because...well...because he or she never adapts. In fact, so thorough is this player's commitment to this composition and play style that he or she does the same exact moves every time and they perform these moves at a regular pace--no thinking in between and no hesitation.

I'm convinced this is a bot. Hell, if I was playing as this team, I wouldn't even both against a team running a fox.

Anyone else had experience with a Lil' Rag named Finale or any other suspiciously botty players?

Thank you Finale, you always guarantee me a win.

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: Pet Battle Bots in PvP?

Post by Painbow » June 16th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Not that I don't believe you, but you should record video of it. ShadowPlay, Fraps, or OBS. Then send it to hacks@blizzard.com.

I hate cheaters.

Vevy
Pet Score:1959
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Vevy » June 16th, 2015, 1:27 pm

Painbow wrote:Not that I don't believe you, but you should record video of it. ShadowPlay, Fraps, or OBS. Then send it to hacks@blizzard.com.

I hate cheaters.
Good Idea. I would love for it to not be a bot.

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » June 16th, 2015, 1:33 pm

There used to be a rather well known 'quit bot' that I and a couple of others in my matchmaking pool used to see quite often. Always ran the same team and would concede immediately the moment the fight started.

The funny thing is that there were actually two of these bots - the other one would also concede automatically, but after a short delay after the start of the fight.

They were quite definitely bots, and I'm guessing the intent was to have them farm wins off each other by queuing them into each other at the same time and having the faster conceding one give up wins. Was always funny to mess up their sync by queuing into one of them and depriving it of its partner - you'd then see them disappear from the queue for a short period, the owner trying to get them synced back up or something.