What's the fastest way to boost lvl 1 pets without trainers?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bignasty
Top Rater
What's the fastest way to boost lvl 1 pets without trainers?

Post by Bignasty » June 12th, 2015, 11:06 am

we all know beating trainers with low pets nets big XP, but what are your secrets for getting a lvl 1 to lvl 10 in the fastest amount of time? so far I've been putting 2 lvl 1's with a nexus whelping and use it the first round, If the lvl 1 dies on the first hit, swap the other lvl 1 in and immediate swap for the nexus that can normally solo the royal moth teams in SMV draenor. I'm sure there are better and much faster ways and would love your advice and feedback on the matter

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: What's the fastest way to boost lvl 1 pets without train

Post by Graven » June 12th, 2015, 1:09 pm

It's not going to be the fastest, but personally I get them to level 4 using wild battles in and just outside Orgrimmar, then I hit the Everlook or Deadwind Pass trainer which gets then to 10-ish. After that they are ready for a Pandaria tamer for a nice big chunk of xp.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 12th, 2015, 1:21 pm

I know you say without trainers, however....

I use Rematch to sort levelling pets "Ascending & Active Sort".. Then I go my round in Draenor (all trainers can be done with level 1 pets) and the Pandaland (7 of 11 can be done with level 1 pets, the other auto select apropriate level due to sort)..

This means, I get 12 pets from 1 to 11 and 2 pets from 1 to 9 (Ashlei) levelles 2 pets at the same time) and 4-5 various other levelling (Fire spirit can do 2 pets level 10+)..

On Squirt-day, I either change to "Decending & non-active sort" or "Median & Active Sort" to gain a boat load of XP..

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » June 12th, 2015, 1:31 pm

I take a toon even a level 1 toon over to Halfhill by the legendary pet.

The Marsh Fiddlers there 95% of the time start with a heal. So a level 1 in a slot 1 works fine. I use all possible xp stuff when I level pets here. I normally level to level 10 then take them to the dailies if I feel like dailies. Sometimes I only level to lvl 5 or so then take them to Draenor to work on the 2k pet battle achieve in Draenor.

Level 1 pet
I use a Zandalari raptor level 25 - use Hunting Party - Primal Cry - Blood Fang
Emerald Proto Whelping or Infinite Whelping - take one of the heal options

Foxyproxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:2937
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Foxyproxy » June 13th, 2015, 8:20 am

This is currently the fastest possible way to level lvl 1 battle pets , takes less than 2 minutes per fight and nets full experience + you can heal pets instantly afterwards using the menagerie NPC , so far i have leveled over 150 pets from 1 - 25 using this method and it's fail-proof

Daily Menagerie Squirt’s Deebs, Tyri & Puzzle ( The only daily which survived the exp nerf )
Sepsis wrote: Enchanted Broom (2/2/2)
Weebomination (just Cleave)

Round 1: Sweep
Round 2: Switch to Carry Pet
Round 3: Switch to Weebomination
Round 4-11: Cleave (the back row should die by round 10, death round should trigger on 11)
Round 12: Switch to Enchanted Broom (Puzzle should waste Portal)
Round 13: Batter

You can find out when this daily will be available using the following Calendar :

http://battlepetroundup.com/pet-events-calendar/

It will be on Thursday next , try to use all the extra exp treats+hat and you'll be able to get a single pet from 1-25 in 6 fights taking 10 minutes , - i usually do 4 fights ( pet will be lvl 22 ) and use 3 stones to take it to 25 -

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » June 13th, 2015, 7:49 pm

Foxyproxy wrote:This is currently the fastest possible way to level lvl 1 battle pets
As a note, I think the Broom + XT strat is currently the fastest (both clock in at 13 rounds for a level 1 pet, but the weebom's cleave has a much slower animation). I posted a modified version for the level 1 carries on these forums.

EDIT:

Level 1 carry version:
Round 2: Switch to Carry Pet
Round 3: Switch to Lil' XT
Round 4: Heartbroken
Round 5-7: Tantrum (Puzzle dodges last round)
Round 8: Heartbroken
Round 9: Zap (Puzzle Dies)
Round 10: Switch to Enchanted Broom
Round 11: Wind-Up
Round 12: Sweep or Broom (Deebs dies)
Round 13: Wind-Up (Tyri dies)

Level 2-24 version
Round 2: Switch to Lil' XT
Round 3: Heartbroken
Round 4-6: Tantrum (Puzzle dies)
Round 7: Switch to Carry Pet
Round 8: Switch to Enchanted Broom
Round 9: Wind-Up
Round 10: Sweep or Broom (Deebs dies)
Round 11: Wind-Up (Tyri dies)

The nice thing about this team is you can also do the level 2-24 version twice in a row without healing (saves some extra time).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » June 13th, 2015, 10:10 pm

I try to get the pet to level 4 and battle wild pets outside my garrision and if I have treat to increase xp that's all the better. It saves on bandages if you happen to be low w/ having your healer near by. Its not the fastest means but steady wins the race :)

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 13th, 2015, 11:24 pm

Usually a level 3 or 4 pet can handle first hit from a 25. I occasionally send a lowbie ally toon down to Stranglethorne Vale to batch level a bunch of my level 1's. One hit against a 7 to 10 wild pet team then switch to a 25 rare and they're good enough to send into the majors.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » June 15th, 2015, 9:23 am

Dragonbone Hatchlings over in Northend are great for powerleveling pets up to level 12. There are always plenty of them around and they are really easy to kill. I use a Nexus Whelpling to finish off the battle and keep my Mech Tranquil Yeti as backup just incase there was something I wanted to capture.

The thing with low level pets, there is really no reason to power-level them on level 25 pets, it really just slows you down and you won't get as much experience.

I also power-leveled a bunch of pets under level 5 up to level 7 while waiting for it to rain on that island outside Stranglehorn Vale where the Baby Apes are found. I was just waiting and there were plenty of crabs about level 10 I believe. By the time the rains came I didn't have a single non-duplicate pet under level 5.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » June 15th, 2015, 1:43 pm

Just gonna copy from a previous post I made (http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =3&t=13632) but I find it to be a 3-4 battle process to get a shiny new pet to L10 in WoD:

Relevant part:
"If you need to carry a < L5, use any pet with decoy (Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Darkmoon Zeppelin, etc.) or similar 2 round block (like Prismatic Barrier on the Lesser Voidcaller). Upon successful completion, your carry pet will jump to level 5-6 and you can use the method described above for the remaining levels:

Start with blocker- Drop block
Switch in carry pet for a single round (block will prevent any damage)
Switch in Feline Familiar who can solo the remaining entire battle.

Pretty tedious, but a very safe way to level pets and low level chars."
So initial fight against 3 L23-25 pets jumps your pet from L1 to L5-6, then the next battle will take you to 8 (possibly 9). usually only requires one or 2 battles after that to get the new guy to L10.

You can check out the referenced post for additional tips.

-Gaht.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » June 15th, 2015, 7:49 pm

The fastest way is to pay me to do it for you, Nasty dear ;)

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » June 16th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Sibi wrote:The fastest way is to pay me to do it for you, Nasty dear ;)
hahah you know what Sibi... I'm almost ready to take you up on that offer, Aquaa is happy to do it for 60g per stone/lvl care to start a bidding war for that job :P

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » June 17th, 2015, 12:46 am

What do you mean 60g per stone...so like 60g per level? Going rate is usually something like 1k from 1 to 25. I just traded 30 leveled pets for Mystic Runesaber (so roughly 25k). But no I don't want to have a bidding war ;)

Bellaryl
Pet Score:4595
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Bellaryl » June 18th, 2015, 8:55 am

For what it's worth, here's another way to do it:

I wait until I have a bunch of level 1 pets. Then, I go to Outland - Shattrath / Terrokar Forest and do wild pet battles. Not the Draenor Shattrath!! If memory serves, the wild pets there are around level 18. Each battle will take your baby pet from 1-5. I'll usually start with my superstar go-to, the Anubisath Idol, lay down a Sandstorm (to minimize damage), swap out my level 1, and then go back to the Idol and mop up the team.

At Level 5, your pets will have high enough HPs to be powerleveled in Draenor without getting one-shotted (I have a thread on how to powerlevel pets in Draenor right outside your garrison, using the Feline Familiar battle pet!).

Note - the mod "Rematch" is indispensible here. Well, it's awesome all the time but it's super awesome here, and I can't imagine pet battling without it. You just create a group (mine is called "Baby Powerlevel") and tell it to only level pets to Level 5 and then swap to the next one. That way your stable of level 1's can easily become a group of level 5's (for my Draenor Powerleveling group).

I hope this helps!

Bela
Pet Score:13688
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Bela » June 14th, 2016, 10:34 am

Bellaryl wrote:Note - the mod "Rematch" is indispensible here. Well, it's awesome all the time but it's super awesome here, and I can't imagine pet battling without it. You just create a group (mine is called "Baby Powerlevel") and tell it to only level pets to Level 5 and then swap to the next one. That way your stable of level 1's can easily become a group of level 5's (for my Draenor Powerleveling group).

I hope this helps!
I just got this addon. Trying to figure it out. I have tons of level 1 pets.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 16th, 2016, 10:16 am

I use the instant 25 leveling stone. You asked for the fastest way without trainers ;p

Paralyse
Top Rater
Pet Score:5390
BattleTag®:Nassin#1630
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Paralyse » July 4th, 2016, 9:39 pm

Two pet carry strategy, works 99% of the time and pretty quick.

1. Level desired pet to at least level 5
2. Make sure you have your Safari Hat buff up
3. Go to where the BMAH used to be in Pandaria.
4. Slot 1 - your carry pet; Slot 2 - any Beast pet with Devour (I use a 25 P/P Sand Kitten); slot 3 - any pet (you won't ever need it 99% of the time)
5. Lead off with your carry, then immediately swap to your 2nd pet
6. Get enemy pet to 40% or less and then use Devour, it should heal you back up to full
7. Rinse and repeat x all 3 enemy pets

This has several advantages:
- Every pet battle in this area consists of nothing but 3-Critter groups, which get wrecked by beasts
- The enemy pets respawn really fast out here
- There is a stable master located right there near the BMAH for instant heals if you don't stock bandages - less downtime

With 2 level 25's and a level 20, and hat buff, the level 20 gets 500-800 per battle, down to 350-550 at level 25. 5 to 25 is easy and you almost never lose a pet. :D

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » July 5th, 2016, 3:51 am

Not necessarily the fastest, but here was my lazy approach. If you have the hallows eve garrison critters, then there is one that you can battle standing next to the pet healer in your garrison. They respawn instantly, so you don't even have to move. I had Murkalot as my first pet. Throw up his shield the team ability. Then you can sub in any level 1 pet and it is guaranteed to live. Plus you are in your garrison, so no one else can come along and clean out all the pets.

In summary:
infinite battles- no waiting
free heals without moving or bandages
no competition
*can do this with a level 1 if you have murkalot

requires: hallows end critters and murkalot to carry a level 1
Last edited by Milotha on July 5th, 2016, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Post by Shagina » July 5th, 2016, 11:03 am

I level a batch to 4 in Stormwing, then I go to an alt near Gorespine in Dread Wastes and farm there. This way I get a lot of alt exp as well. The setup I use is Murkalot and a P/P Blackfuse Bombling.

Open with the carry pet and do anything. Switch to Murkalot, use Righteous Inspiration and then Armageddon. Murkalot can then clean up any leftovers. Battles can be over in as little as 4 rounds, though usually it's more like 6-7. Do note that this requires a big stash of bandages.