Two pet carry strategy, works 99% of the time and pretty quick.
1. Level desired pet to at least level 5
2. Make sure you have your Safari Hat buff up
3. Go to where the BMAH used to be in Pandaria.
4. Slot 1 - your carry pet; Slot 2 - any Beast pet with Devour (I use a 25 P/P Sand Kitten); slot 3 - any pet (you won't ever need it 99% of the time)
5. Lead off with your carry, then immediately swap to your 2nd pet
6. Get enemy pet to 40% or less and then use Devour, it should heal you back up to full
7. Rinse and repeat x all 3 enemy pets
This has several advantages:
- Every pet battle in this area consists of nothing but 3-Critter groups, which get wrecked by beasts
- The enemy pets respawn really fast out here
- There is a stable master located right there near the BMAH for instant heals if you don't stock bandages - less downtime
With 2 level 25's and a level 20, and hat buff, the level 20 gets 500-800 per battle, down to 350-550 at level 25. 5 to 25 is easy and you almost never lose a pet.