Cymre Brightblade with 1 pet (+2 optional carries)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Polygasms
Top Rater
Pet Score:4331
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Cymre Brightblade with 1 pet (+2 optional carries)

Post by Polygasms » April 10th, 2015, 7:18 am

I get a lot of questions from friends and other pet battlers on how to tackle this boss. So I made a little post here and on wowhead if anyone would like to see it.

Guaranteed win with 1 pet and 2 carry - long but easy method (2 carries are optional)

Pets: any pet that can survive 1 cast of rot, and pet that can take one tick of the swarm fly. (Normally I go with pets above lvl 9)
<Puddle of Terror>

Slots: Carry 1, Carry 2, <Puddle of Terror>

Cycle through your 1st 2 carries, then with <Puddle of Terror> open with <Sunlight>.
Cast <Nature's Ward>.
Keep recasting ONLY <Nature's Ward> till <Sunlight> is up, then cast <Sunlight>. Recasting Nature's Ward negates the effect of rot turning you into an undead so the Swarm of Flies dot will do very little.
Repeat this process. I know it takes forever.. but the goal is to DPS the back-line enemy pets till they are dead or nearly dead with <Sunlight>. Kill Idol with <Sunlight>.

Finish off with <Punch> if pets remain (should only be 1 cast, and mech passive should have already been spent)

Note: If it looks like Idol of Decay is about to die and Gyrexle has not spent his mech passive (never happened, but I guess you could get some really lucky sunlight crits on Idol), pass on the sunlight til Idol of Decay has rebirth has a 1 round cooldown, then kill him with sunlight, his passive and rebirth with proc, and you will have one more chance to cast sunlight before Idol dies. (He will cast it on CD when at low health)

Hope this helps with people with limited pet pools, or people trying for their Plushie achievement. I do it this way to level up some lowbie pets.
Last edited by Polygasms on April 11th, 2015, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donnamartin
Pet Score:3930
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Re: Cymre Brightblade with 1 pet (+2 optional carries)

Post by Donnamartin » April 10th, 2015, 7:29 pm

I'm so happy we usually don't gank each other when we cross paths, Poly. lol.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 10th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Just tried this..

It Works... But it's torture to fight like that... :lol: ;)

Polygasms
Top Rater

Post by Polygasms » April 10th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Donnamartin wrote:I'm so happy we usually don't gank each other when we cross paths, Poly. lol.
:D <3

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » April 10th, 2015, 9:25 pm

I like it...

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » April 10th, 2015, 10:10 pm

I get using strats like this to get the achievement, but why do people like incredibly drawn out tamer battles for XP, when in the same time you could fight several wild battles for XP and get credit for that many battles towards the monument? Also if you happen to screw up with the battle, and have to start over, and you have lost that much more time that could have been spent doing wild battles.

Just my two cents.
mykro9#1585

Polygasms
Top Rater

Post by Polygasms » April 11th, 2015, 4:05 am

Mykro9 wrote:I get using strats like this to get the achievement, but why do people like incredibly drawn out tamer battles for XP, when in the same time you could fight several wild battles for XP and get credit for that many battles towards the monument? Also if you happen to screw up with the battle, and have to start over, and you have lost that much more time that could have been spent doing wild battles.

Just my two cents.
Most strats for this tamer use a lot of pet swapping, and most have a decent chance to fail. This one you could practically fall asleep (mostly because it long) and its very simple and hard to fail, you really are only pressing 2 buttons the whole fight. I posted this mostly for people that don't have a huge pool of 25's to select from. I know most of us here are probably the "go to" guy/gal in your guild for Pet questions. Also, if you have guild-mates that just can not get this last boss, you can always cage up an extra Puddle and loan it out.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 11th, 2015, 9:15 am

I would suggest changing how you lead in a bit differently:
Start with Puddle Terror:

R1: Cast Nature's Ward (yes, Rot will overwrite the racial debuff...but the healing while backlined will make up for it)
R2: Swap to carry
R3: Swap to carry2
R4: Swap to Puddle Terror
R5: Sunlight
R6: Nature's Ward

Then go into your normal rotation. That way both carry pets can be lower level (have enough health to survive a tick of swarm). Try it out and see what you think.

I would also suggest Punch over Water Jet on the off chance you have to fight the magic pet at all (water jet is weak versus the magic pet).

You also mention not seeing a lot of solid Cymre strats. This one I passed on to Donna is pretty solid (pretty rare chance to fail): http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =3&t=13853

Aside from possibly breed specific (never tested with other breeds), the pets are pretty easy to get (both wild caught) and with how easy it is to get stones now, easy to rarify if you get the right breed.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Polygasms
Top Rater

Post by Polygasms » April 11th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Changed water jets to Punch, because it makes more sense just in case you didn't kill the backline pets with sunlight. (I think that has happened to me just once in like 30 battles) Also I want to try the infinite whelp strat, looks good but I have the wrong breed.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » April 11th, 2015, 7:06 pm

I nabbed a P/S infinite whelp today, stoned it and levelled it up. The P/S worked in the same manner as the P/P the one time I tried it (was a slight bit tighter on health due to lower heal). I didn't run it multiple times. The P/B should be just as good since it has the same power as the P/S and the other stats don't affect the strat as much.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » April 15th, 2015, 12:51 am

This strat is hilarious. Tedious... But hilarious.

Since the xp gets split between the leveling pets, I think I'll stick with my Blossoming Ancient/Infinite Whelp/Carry strat.

Still, it is fun to get to "phone it in" against one of the harder tamers around.