Pet monument worth it?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Pet monument worth it?

Post by Tekulve2012 » April 6th, 2015, 9:13 am

Hiya all

So I understand Garrisons (as they are) will stay in Draenor when the next xpac hits.

I have 1300/2000 battles done and I could get to 2k by leveling another toon from 91-100.

Id like to have the monument ..but not if it rusts in Draenor while we all build something else somewhere else!

Any wisdom/feedback on this question /topic?

Thanks
Tekulve

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Re: Pet monument worth it?

Post by Buruan » April 6th, 2015, 9:32 am

I don't think anyone can give you an answer on this.
We cannot infer whether it is worth it to *you*.

Personally, I don't care about the Monuments, just randomly unlocked some as I was going along.
If you want to know if they have any use beyond the achievement and the actual display, I would say no.

I think I will grind out the Pet Battle monument myself for the same reason you mentioned, its nice and easy to level characters doing pet battles.

Erdinger
Pet Score:12848
BattleTag®:Goldhaar#2899
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Erdinger » April 6th, 2015, 10:54 am

Battling inside of the garrison counts towards the monument now, unlike earlier in WoD, so pvp'ing at your rate (I guess) you'll get it before long, as long as you do it from your garrison :) Menagerie battles also counts now.

Happy with mine, lights up well in an otherwise dark garrison :) And I must admit I like to show it off, opening the garrison for visitors, sharing the Erris daily through group finder :p

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 6th, 2015, 2:53 pm

I personally wanted to have at least 1 monument just to fill up space in my main garrison, but the apexis one was far easier for me to get, so that's the one I have. I'd like to have the pet one but my battles completed number got completely messed up (I should be over 500 - was grinding a lot of wild battles to open the Menagerie initially - but now my achieve is showing just over 200) and so I don't know how motivated I am to trying to get it when I can't even rely on the game to credit me correctly.

Long story short, it's up to you to decide if it's worth having and if you can tolerate the grind.

Polygasms
Top Rater
Pet Score:4331
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Polygasms » April 9th, 2015, 11:02 pm

I say totaly worth it.

When I open up my garrison for people to use it, they will usually comment on how nice the monuments looks. (most people with have the apexis or crafting one, not too many with the pet one). Also, you can farm up this achievement while doing multiple other things, level an alt, level up some pets, and/or complete your PvP challenges.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » April 10th, 2015, 2:03 pm

Everybody is barking about all the work involved only to leave it behind. Do we even know if/when another xpack is coming?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com