Leveling a character through wild pet battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bellaryl
Pet Score:4595
Realm:Thrall-us
Re: Leveling a character through wild pet battles

Post by Bellaryl » June 18th, 2015, 9:03 am

Gaht -thank you for this. i'm primarily Horde and it's been easy to level 4 toons to 100 via pet battles. I have one Ally toon that I'd like to get to 100 as well, but not sure where to go. Thank you for the help...I'll have to figure out a good place to park her, since I was hoping that it would be just as convenient on the Blue side.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » June 18th, 2015, 12:36 pm

The only half-usable place I found in all of WoD SMV was a place off the southwest coast with a lot of lil crabs (due South of Shaz'Gul on the map). The problem was that there were still many nearby hostiles that would happily race over to introduce themselves if you got within viewing distance of them (Makaras on the shore and in the water and Cultists of some sort on land as I recall). If you decide to farm levels here, I recommend a good flying type with a solid self-heal. I'm sure Firewing, Chi-chi, Brilliant BLoodfeather, Azure Crane Chick, WoD Toucan with rain dance, or WoD wasp with ravage would likely work well.. mebbe a Flamering Moth...). Again, there is no inn, vendor, nor pet healer in this area. It's just (presumably) an Alliance quest hub. The nearest city to it, as I recall, was the one at the crossroads in the center of the zone (Embarri Village?). Anyhow, it's a miserable death-crawl to the coast at <L20 no matter how you slice it. I have yet to find a single Alliance town/city that has a battlepet infestation like Horde locations do (take that as you will).

There LOOKS to be a good area northwest of the Alliance Garrison area full of spiderlings. Do not go there. The spiderlings are a lie. It was, hands-down, the hardest place to death-crawl to in the entire trip (I did find a ridiculously simple way to reach it, however, after the 3rd-4th time I went exploring for locations).

-Gaht

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » June 18th, 2015, 2:16 pm

***Additional Info II

If you are trying to reach WoD with a low level character, I have found a fairly effective method if you do not mind asking for help. It has been my experience that asking for help in general or trade chat seems to be a complete waste of time and just generates trolling at your expense unless you start with "WTB" (want to buy) and have a set price in mind for the service you require.

Step1: Go to Raid Finder. Select "Custom Groups". Click "Find Groups". Scroll through the list looking specifically for garrison service advertisements. There are usually several listings at any time of the day or night. Select the one with the largest number of participants. Cilick "Join Group". They are almost always autojoin so your class, level, gear score, etc. never comes into play.

Step2 (optional): Once you join, you will now be part of the "raid". You will see a large green grid with all the raid members up on the left side of your screen (using default settings). To the left of that grid should be a narrow bar with a arrow pointing to the right. This will open your raid settings. Click on the little gear thing on the top right corner. It should bring up the settings window. In the lower middle boxes, there is a choice for "Show class colors". Check that, then exit back out. All the green boxes should now be colored by class.

Step 3: Find a warlock amongst the raid members. If you did step 2, they will be purple. If there are no warlocks, wait until one joins the "raid", or repeat step 1.

Step 4: Right click the warlock's name & choose "whiper". Ask via whisper, very politely, for a summon to the garrison. I simply say something along the lines of "Sorry to bother you, but could I please get a summon to the garrison?". If he/she agrees, I generally then say in raid chat something along the lines of "Would two kind souls please assist <warlock's name> in summoning me to the garrison?". Then wait quietly. It will generally take a while for the warlock to stop/finish whatever they are at the garrison to do in the first place and, depending upon the size of the raid, for 2 people to actually help.

If for whatever reason, the summon falls through, thank the people involved that tried and try again with another warlock (in another garrison, if necessary).

Step 5: If you have money & this is an alt, tip the warlock (and any helpers that said they were helping in raid chat). The amount is up to you, your bank account, and the amount of trouble the warlock went through to help you. 100g or so is fine, and encourages cooperation in the future. Even if you cannot tip, please make an effort to thank those involved (especially the Warlock).

Step 6: Get the garrison flight path. This is kind of important: do not leave the raid group until you are well away from the garrison area. Be aware that, should you return here before doing the WoD intro quest line, this area will be full of lethal mobs. Should you fly back here at any point before doing the WoD intro quest line, you will be destroyed upon landing by the local wildlife and there will not be a flight master where you landed; it just serves as a landing point should you need access to the immediate area via spirit healer rez. Once you are well outside of the leader's garrison, you may go about your business (usually finding the nearest inn to set as home and grabbing a "safe" flight path) and safely leave the group(raid).

Hopefully that will make someone's life a tad easier.

-Gaht