I'll start by saying I've been pet battling since it was introduced. I vanquished the tamers long ago, saved the team and haven't had to given them much thought since.
Well I was looking for something a little more interesting and I wanted to give some of my newer pets a chance to shine. So I decided to retire all of my saved teams and go through all of the tamers again. This time I gave myself rules:
1) Can not use any previously used combo. (So no Pandarean Water Spirit / Chrominimus combo bombs.)
2) Can not use the same type of pet as used previously on that tamer. (So no Snails on Pandaren Earth Spirit.)
3) Still allow for a leveling pet on each team.
4) Each team has to stay reliable. No lucky crits or stuns necessary.
5) Lastly, start with Outland; move on to Northrend; then Pandaria tamers, spirit tamers and Beast of Fable w/1 completion of Celestial Tournament; and finish in Draenor.
*)As a bonus objective, I'm going to do this Celestial Tournament style. No healing between fights or tamers. I might relax this rule to be between continents / worlds / play sessions.
Anyway, I thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone else was interested in going for the challenge. I'm planning to post weekly updates of my progress... and I'm currently thinking I'll post my old team and my new team for comparisons.
Most importantly, have fun and happy battling,