Anub

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Anub

Post by Kendrah » February 13th, 2015, 2:31 am

Someone is running a three Anub team in my battle group and it's annoying. Outside of a purely undead team, is there any decent group to counter this? I'm having a hellava time with misses and sandstorm. I swear to god this guy never misses anything while I just keep missing, one after another, after another. You'd think Demo and Rupt would miss at some point but RNG hates me... It's been going like this all night: Round one: Sandstorm. Round two: Ice tomb misses. Round three: Rupt. Round four: frost nova misses. Round five: Demo. Round six: pounce misses. Round seven: demo kills Mr. B.

Just feeling frustrated and completely sure my teams hate me.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Anub

Post by Vek » February 13th, 2015, 4:57 am

Not the fastest way but a Teroclaw Hatchling should pretty much solo them, perhaps a switch now and again to let it heal up. 260 speed will be faster even after losing flying racial, so you will not lose Alpha Strike speed bonus. Then you can Dodge for some bonus healing. No problem if they run Deflection, will just allow you to heal without taking damage.

For a partner you can have a pet with Wild Magic type ability so you will do even more damage through the Sandstorm, or a Skunk for bonus healing and additional -25% to hit on the Idols.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » February 13th, 2015, 6:30 am

fought him 2 times on wednsday, my team had no problem against it, fiendish imp has nether gate, ominous flame can change weather, and son of seth deals enough dmg even with sandstorm.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » February 13th, 2015, 8:11 am

Anub is weak to Lil' Ragnaros and Direhorns. Blighthawk might also be a good choice. I don't know if Demolish ever got fixed though.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » February 13th, 2015, 9:19 am

use 3 undead valks

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » February 13th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Two fossilized hatchlings will pretty much destroy them.

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » February 13th, 2015, 5:28 pm

I have beaten a person who was using three Anub team as well. My "Deep Freeze" team owns him everytime. I counter Sandstorm with Blizzard, and my pets stun him pets...and I have yet to lose against a 3 Anub team.

Rotten Little Helper, Tiny Snowman and the Kun-Lai Runt will own this team. Make sure to put Blizzard on the Rotten Little Helper and Tiny Snownman. Deep Freeze on both the Snowman and Runt, and Takedown as well on the Runt.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » February 15th, 2015, 9:44 am

Echinacea wrote:use 3 undead valks
OMG I had enough problems with one Undead Valk, is it feasible to have 3?

:o :geek:

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 15th, 2015, 11:14 am

Multiple valks is not a good idea, as you gimp yourself with multiple sacrifice abilities. Effectively useless slots. Plus the more you sacrifice, the easier you get to KO.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » February 15th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Vek wrote:Not the fastest way but a Teroclaw Hatchling should pretty much solo them, perhaps a switch now and again to let it heal up. 260 speed will be faster even after losing flying racial, so you will not lose Alpha Strike speed bonus. Then you can Dodge for some bonus healing. No problem if they run Deflection, will just allow you to heal without taking damage.

For a partner you can have a pet with Wild Magic type ability so you will do even more damage through the Sandstorm, or a Skunk for bonus healing and additional -25% to hit on the Idols.
Why do you prefer Alpha Strike? (in general, not in this specific match-up).
I pretty much only run Claw, unless I need the type coverage.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 15th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Awq wrote: Why do you prefer Alpha Strike? (in general, not in this specific match-up).
I generally only run Alpha Strike unless I need the type coverage from Claw. Alpha strike hits for just 4 points shy of the top end damage of Claw and isn't a damage range ability like claw (so no unexpected low hits). It's true Alpha Strike requires you to be 50% health or higher, but with dodge/natures ward, this usually isn't a problem. At least that is my limited experience.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » February 15th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Some triple Anub teams are bots..they play a scripted battle set to level toons i presume...
So nuke them with some pigs - crouch/dis.bite

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » February 15th, 2015, 8:23 pm

Jerebear wrote:I generally only run Alpha Strike unless I need the type coverage from Claw.
I'm not a huge fan of Alpha Strike myself personally. It suffers from the unfortunate weakness that flying moves have, in that the aquatic types they counter tend to very often run priority type moves (Surge) or shields which shuts down your 'goes first' damage even above 50%.

I really wish it had something like Savage Talon in that slot instead (high variance single hit version of Peck) :x Unless you're Stormwing with easy access to Call Lightning, multi-hit flying type moves are kind of meh.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » February 16th, 2015, 11:24 am

Abbotta wrote:
Echinacea wrote:use 3 undead valks
OMG I had enough problems with one Undead Valk, is it feasible to have 3?

:o :geek:
I've come up against them so, yeah. Pain in the butt. I have two myself. :oops: Though the second was more happenstance than anything else. Who'd turn down one of them if it's just right there (yes, yes! I know a decent person would've but I couldn't.) :lol:

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » February 16th, 2015, 11:52 am

Melfice wrote:I have beaten a person who was using three Anub team as well. My "Deep Freeze" team owns him everytime. I counter Sandstorm with Blizzard, and my pets stun him pets...and I have yet to lose against a 3 Anub team.
That was my day of terrible RNG. :lol: I totally wasn't exaggerating the example I put in the first post. That was one example of a battle that had just finished prior to posting this. I was so frustrated and thought I'd *cough* be more proactive then ranty. :lol:

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 16th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Awq wrote:Why do you prefer Alpha Strike? (in general, not in this specific match-up).
I often face people with either flying and/or crawdad(actually starting to see quite a lot of different aquatics mainly frogs but also Hydraling and some crabs/turtles). Alpha Strike trumps Claw on both these occasions, it is also helpful to make non shell turns against the Hydraling count. Also when trying out Claw and hitting low just feels very weak. True, I need to make sure to keep flying racial up. Also now I seem to run into lots of Dragonkin and Alpha Strike hits seriously low against them but I usually can work around that.

Alpha Strike also gains double bonus from things like Wild Magic/Black Claw and Call Lightning.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » February 16th, 2015, 5:15 pm

I generally only run Alpha Strike unless I need the type coverage from Claw. Alpha strike hits for just 4 points shy of the top end damage of Claw and isn't a damage range ability like claw (so no unexpected low hits). It's true Alpha Strike requires you to be 50% health or higher, but with dodge/natures ward, this usually isn't a problem. At least that is my limited experience.
I often face people with either flying and/or crawdad(actually starting to see quite a lot of different aquatics mainly frogs but also Hydraling and some crabs/turtles). Alpha Strike trumps Claw on both these occasions, it is also helpful to make non shell turns against the Hydraling count. Also when trying out Claw and hitting low just feels very weak. True, I need to make sure to keep flying racial up. Also now I seem to run into lots of Dragonkin and Alpha Strike hits seriously low against them but I usually can work around that.
Ah okay! Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I think I will try 40 match-ups using Alpha Strike to see if I like it!

I agree with Myon. I avoid Alpha Strike whenever I can. It gets countered by shields, always-go first moves, Dragonkin and faster pets. Teroclaw is already weak against aquatic moves and flying pets (260 speed) regardless of move-set.

But it feels like I am missing out on quite some damage, predictability and potential synergy. Thanks for the advice.

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 17th, 2015, 5:34 am

Awq wrote:Ah okay! Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I think I will try 40 match-ups using Alpha Strike to see if I like it!

I agree with Myon. I avoid Alpha Strike whenever I can. It gets countered by shields, always-go first moves, Dragonkin and faster pets. Teroclaw is already weak against aquatic moves and flying pets (260 speed) regardless of move-set.

But it feels like I am missing out on quite some damage, predictability and potential synergy. Thanks for the advice.
Yea priority moves are annoying as heck when trying to get good use of Alpha Strike. But if opposing pet is Aquatic the first part of the Alpha Strike is good enough since it is strong, hits for close to 400. The bad part is non-aquatic with priority moves. Also Alpha Strike is not goodly good against flying pets, since the Teroclaw Hatchling is quite slow for a flying pet, but as long as I can get the opposing flying pet to lose its racial then it is easy to dominate it by switching in the Teroclaw. Good luck!

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 17th, 2015, 5:46 pm

Rule no. 1 in WOW pet PVP : anyone who will use a 3X same pet team is 99% a horrible noob and knows very little about PVP.

You can use many teams to destroy him easily.