Onska wrote:I noticed that Nether Ray Fry is remarkably balanced. He has an attack that is strong against everything except for Beast, Dragonkin, Undead, and Elemental (hopefully I'm not missing anything here). Seeing that got me wondering if I could make a perfectly or near perfectly balanced team for leveling. Are there any other pets with as balanced a skill set as the Ray? Particularly ones that would offset his weaknesses?
1) Considering pets have 3 abilities, the best scenario would be to have strong attacks against 3 of the 10 families, leaving 7 against which the pet would have no strong ability against. Maybe you were counting all 6 abilities to come down to that conclusion? Anywho..
2) Oozes have quite a variety of attack types too, they're interesting pets
3) You mentioned leveling, so like Poofah said, you're probably better off aiming for abilities that are good against Flying, Aquatic, Beast and Critters, since they count for like 90% of all wild pets out there. I wouldn't worry about the other types, unless you're tring to build a PVP team or building a team for specific world trainers.
4) If it is for leveling, Fluxfire Feline can either deal 2000-3000 damage to a beast after 3 rounds, or like 1500 to a critter after 3 rounds as well. Making him both efficient and versatile for battling wild pets.
5) If you're wanting to build a pvp team, it could be interesting to see a team that, together, have strong attacks against 9 of the 10 types. Doesn't mean the team would be good, but it would be quite versatile that's for sure. Not sure it's actually possible to do though, would require some intense research XD